Patsy's Paintings

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by nparrish, Aug 27, 2006.

1. nparrish

nparrish Member

Paintings...

Sweetpea, Wouldn't you like to see those paintings of PR's that they were talking about? I'm going to look at her foundation site now to see if any of them are posted! lol

2. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

They are there. Please let us know what you think of the furbies.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
  3. nparrish

nparrish Member

Those paintings are ridiculous! ESPECIALLY the furbies! Who would hang those in their home? (Answer: maybe John Mark Karr???)

4. sweetpea

sweetpea Member

I can't decide which I like better.

These two I like...

http://patsyramseyfoundation.org/05safeharbor.htm
    http://patsyramseyfoundation.org/17sailraces.htm

because she signs her last name so close to how Ramsey is written in the ransom note.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikisource/en/3/34/Ramsey.ransom.note.jpg

But then there's this one, where she paints her V TWICE just like the V in Victory! in the note

http://patsyramseyfoundation.org/16venetian.htm

with the left branch shorter than the right branch.

I'll have to think on it a bit longer.

5. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

I have to say, the very first thing I thought of when I saw Patsy's painting of the cat was the work of Louis Wain, who began to paint cats with an emphasis on only their eyes and faces and not their graceful bodies and tails.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, this painting marks the beginning of his slide into late-onset schizophrenia, which is interesting in light of your comment about Patsy's varying signatures and "even a little schizo in her personality".

6. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I, too, was shocked to see the many different variations of Patsy's "artist" signature that occured in a very short span of time; two months of May and June of 2006.

This is unusual for several reasons.

1. Almost all artists develop a professional signature and stick with it. Their sig becomes a part of the collectablility of the piece. It is comparable to a stamp of proud ownership.

2. Most people develop a signature and stick with it. It might change through the years, especially in the years before adulthood, but after that time, it becomes much more stable.

3. A person's signature is an physical representation of the identity they would like to show the world. In many case, it may differ from a person's handwriting, but it rarely differs from itself. A person might have a "professional" sig for work matters, and a "home" sig for family cards and correspondence, but having many different signatures is highly unusual.

4. People do not change their professional signature many different ways in two months time. As suggested earlier, this type of activity suggests a possible fracturing of the psyche and problems with full integration of the personality.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  7. sue

sue Member

I think his cat has much more threatening eyes and looks much scarier than any of her animals though.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  8. This looks a lot like a scam. Check out how much they're selling the prints for... nothing less than $225. They also sell them as note cards. The foundation IS listed as a non-profit, but let's see what happens to the money when they have to file a report.

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_cor...ATSY P. RAMSEY OVARIAN CANCER FOUNDATION, INC.

Searched for: PATSY P. RAMSEY OVARIAN CANCER FOUNDATION, INC.
    ID Num: 800456
    Entity Name: PATSY P. RAMSEY OVARIAN CANCER FOUNDATION, INC.
    Type of Entity: Domestic Nonprofit Corporation
    Resident Agent: ROBERT B HOFFMAN
    Registered Office Address: 108 MICHIGAN AVE CHARLEVOIX MI 49720
    Mailing Address: MI
    Formed Under Act Number(s): 162-1982
    Incorporation/Qualification Date: 6-21-2006
    Jurisdiction of Origin: MICHIGAN
    Number of Shares: 0
    Year of Most Recent Annual Report:
    Year of Most Recent Annual Report With Officers & Directors:

9. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Wasn't Wain the artist who painted cats in human situations? I am sure I have a print of a cat pushing a pram by this artist.

10. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

My daughter has a psycho cat named Hobbie who has eyes like that, LOL. We raised him from the day he was born, because his mama was killed. When you hand raise a kitten you have to wipe their little butts with cotton balls to stimulate them to poop, like their mama does. Hobby always hated that, and he's been pscyho ever since. We never hurt him, he just didn't like it. Since I did most of the wiping of the butt, his revenge has mostly been turned on me, but he's been calming down a lot in the past year or so. He allows me to enter "his" house, but he forbids me to sit on my daughter's bed.

Cats are a stitch.

11. Jayelles

Chero, I do my school reports on computer, but I have to print them off and sign them by hand. I simply CANNOT do the same signature twice! The first few look OK, then I get hand cramps and by the time I get to the 20th, it looks nothing like the first few. By the time I get to 100, there's this unintelligible squiggle. I can't help it. The more I try to concentrate on doing a legible signature, the more my hand does it's own thing!

12. Ginja

Ginja Member

Shocker

Well, I didn't pay much attention to the handwriting...I leave that to the experts (like Cherokee).

But I do like the paintings.

Not enough to shell out $225, especially if they're only notecards!

But it's amazing I'm about to say this: I like her style, her use of colors.

If nothing else, she had talent.

13. Cherokee

Jay, I know exactly what you're talking about because I used to have to sign hundreds of reports, and as you say, by the time you get to the end, you've got hand cramps and your sig has become quite different from your sig on the first paper in the pile.

But THAT situation is not what I'm referring to when I say a person's signature doesn't change like Patsy's did in a small amount of time.

I'm talking about a professional signature for an artist, or someone signing an important document such as a check or official record.

Patsy had plenty of time to put her professional artist signature on her paintings. She wasn't signing hundreds of them in a row. In fact, it's obvious she chose very carefully where she wanted to place the signature and what color she wanted to use in adding it to the piece.

14. sue

sue Member

If they were completed in May and June of 2006, some of them were completed very close to her death on June 24, 2006. My guess is that they were actually painted before that, but she put a few touches on or signed them in May and June of 2006. The differences in her signature might have a lot to do with her being weak and so close to death. Some of them look like she probably didn't get the signature painted with one pass of the brush and had to go over letters more than once. Or, maybe someone was actually helping her hold the brush.
    I do think some of them clearly resemble the "Ramsey" from the 'ransom note', but other than that, I'm not sure much can be read into them. The colors look pretty cheery for someone who was facing death.

15. Cherokee

And Patsy was also good at copying other artist's work and claiming it for her own as dicussed on this FFJ thread:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/for...3&page=1&pp=12&highlight=patsy+beach+painting

Patsy copied her "Beach Buddies" painting from a more famous one by Betty Morris Hamilton. This would not be a problem except Patsy let everyone believe it was her original work, and very possibly a memory of Burke and JonBenet.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_4064157

16. Why_Nut

Yes, that is him. He started out painting cats in cartoonish situations, then his schizophrenia took him over and his paintings became more abstract until they were barely cats. The progression is often seen like this:

[​IMG]

17. Jayelles

Wow - yes I remember now that after I bought the print, a good friend (who is a mine of trivia) told me about the artist's madness.

I'm more of a dog lover than a cat lover, but I do think cats are wonderful subjects for art. I also have some stuff by an artist called Robina Weisenburger (or something like that). She does cats with funny shaped heads.

18. Why_Nut

I thought it was interesting that Patsy's style took a great deal from that of other Michigan artists. When I saw the work of Trish Morgan I did a double take.

Patsy:

[​IMG]

Trish Morgan:

[​IMG]

Edited to add:

But really, I question what on earth possible thought process caused Patsy, in the final months of her life, to do a painting of Jacques, when she did not want him, did not like him, had no affection for him at all that anyone bothered to describe, and got rid of him at the first opportunity she could, and yet he warrants a painting, while JonBenet herself and her eyes that, as Patsy said on 48 Hours, "could see right through you into your soul" did not. A person has to wonder whether, as she prepared to meet her maker, Patsy did not want JonBenet's eyes looking into her soul on her judgement day.

19. heymom

heymom Member

But it's still an attempt at the same signature. When I was studying graphoanaysis years and years ago, one of the hallmarks of a mentally disturbed person was a changing signature. It is different that a normal person whose hand is getting tired! I can't really explain it in writing, but suffice it to say that if you see a grown adult who cannot settle on one basic signature, it can be a red flag. Obviously young people experiment until they find a signature that suits them. And even if you switch from printing to handwriting, a true expert can tell it's you. But change like that signifies a mental change as well, a big life transition, you see yourself differently.

Someone who changes their signature frequently doesn't know who he or she is.

Heymom

20. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I understand what you're saying, heymom. On a much smaller scale, I think everyone has changes in their handwriting when they are under stress. I know I do. My handwriting is normally fluid and curvaceous with lots of curly q's. When I am under stress, I can see the difference in my handwriting, myself. My letters are not as well formed, the fluidity is not there. I'm pretty sane, and my signature is pretty much the same all the time, but I can see how someone who is sinking deeper into mental illness can show steady changes in his handwriting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice