The Power of Spin (Free Republic) & CTV Is Clueless!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Midnight_Wolf, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Midnight_Wolf

Midnight_Wolf Member

I have been reading the threads over at Free Republic lately. I cannot believe the amount of people who believe every little tidbid the spin team has fed them. There are so many who have bought into it, hook, line, and sinker.

For sure a stun gun was used. The Rams took a lie detector. Lou Smit said this, Lou Smit said that, therefore it must be true.

AAAArrrhhhh, I can't take it anymore. I don't even bother to argue with them anymore. All of the Rams & company bullsmit has paid off. This case is so convoluted with spin that after all of these years I can't keep up anymore.

Will the Truth ever be Known? I have my doubts. Major Doubts. What a Shame, Or should I say What a Sham.

Midnight_Wolf

2. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Wolfie - can you imagine how this case would have played out had it not been for the Internet? For FFJ?

Very Victoriously in my opinion.

That is why I continue to ride the Karma Train versus the Bus as Computers can bring this baby Full Circle.

:bee:

3. babyboomer

babyboomer Member

CTV is clueless

Rikki Klieman is "shocked and dismayed" that accusations are once again flying toward the Ramseys, which she finds "appalling" since they have been "cleared" according to her.

I guess she missed the part of the presser yesterday in which the DNA as artifact was mentioned.

And she also can't understand why anyone should be perturbed with Michael Tracey, that great friend of the truth. (my words.)

RK: "I mean what ax does the media have to grind with him?"

Jean Cesarez: "I don't know. Especially when we learned yesterday that it was the DA" who told Michael Tracey to say to JMK 'I'm gonna write another book..' They told him to say all that.
    She went on to say:
    "Do you realize that John karr discussed with the Professor personal relationships about JB and her brother and the rest of the family and when the Ramseys, including JR, were told about this early on this year, they said, Nobody knows about those personal relationships within our family....That also gave credibility to John Karr being the killer."

Jean goes on to say that the DA never truly verified if he was in Georgia or Alabama.

Gee, Jean, why do you suppose they didn't press charges?? Are you implying he really is the killer?

Put this in the hopper with all the Lacy buttkissing. It's all very disgusting, IMO.

4. I completely agree. I used to watch CTV religiously last year, but somewhere along the way I just became disenchanted... now I know why: they're biased idiots.

:beersign:

5. Tril

Tril Member

Didn't CTV get sued by the Ramseys over the special Prime Suspects: Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey that aired years ago on CTV? IIRC, the Rs were furious that Burke was named as one of the "possibles."

6. Tril

Tril Member

In the CT special I named above, Rikki Klieman was the host.

7. babyboomer

babyboomer Member

Well, I nosed around the CTV website looking for a window in which to vent.
    None for Rikki, but one for Jean, so I used that to address them both since my views came out of a segment featuring the two of them.

Here's what I said:
    Jean and Rikki,
    Dismayed by your coverage of the John Karr/Mary Lacy mess. If all the kissing up to Lacy weren't bad enough...I found Rikki's remarks puzzling. Rikki, Mary Lacy said that the DNA in JB's panties might be AN ARTIFACT and not from the killer at all. Since that DNA was used to "clear" the Ramseys, I guess you have to rethink that, no? Even the Ramsey's great friend Mary Lacy will not publicly say they are cleared.
    And as for Michael Tracey, he has created an industry out of fingering false suspects and making money off this enterprise. He is completely discredited and a perpetrator in this hoax!
    I am so disappointed in you, Jean, because I've admired your reportage.
    Rikki, you're still too much of a defense attorney.
    The Ramseys are not cleared.
    Michael Tracey is a fraud.
    Mary Lacy is a disgrace.
    CTV is clueless.

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

:highfive:

9. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Rikki Klieman was also a diehard supporter of OJ Simpson during his trial. I still remember the day she complained about how "Barry Scheck has had a bad day" at the trial when some especially damning DNA evidence against OJ was testified to. No, Scheck did not have a bad day. The truth had a good day, when science was brought into public view for evaluation by a jury of OJ's peers. But no, Rikki had to see it as bad for OJ. It is reflexive for her to defend whoever is being accused, whether the defense has any teeth or not.

10. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I'm really surprised at Rikki Kleiman. She is married to the ex police commissioner of NYC, Ray Kelly. She should be able to recognize the spin faster than anyone else. Defense attorney or not, you'd think that she'd understand the phucking up of LE in Boulder a little better than most.

11. Midnight_Wolf

Midnight_Wolf Member

I don't even get CTV. Not sure how that got in the thread title. But whatever.

Who added on the extra to the thread title? Just curious? And why did you add on? And do you often take liberties with members threads, and responses also? And by whose authority? Certainly not the original posters. Please explain.

Thank You

Midnight_Wolf

12. babyboomer

babyboomer Member

Ray Kelly is still the NYC police commissioner and he isn't married to Rikki.
    The ex-police commish you are thinking of is Bratton, first name escapes me.
    A sophomore moment.

And my CTV is Clueless thread got merged with yours, midnight.

13. adair

adair Member

I was watching that segment too.....had to turn the channel. Jean is usually pretty unbiased (jmo). I dont care for RK (jmo, too).

I wish i could have seen that doc that the R sued them over.....

14. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Of course! I knew that it didn't sound right while I was typing. I stand corrected. It is absolutely Bratton. Thanks, I thought something was amiss, but it was just my brain.

But my point remains. She should know better and be ashamed of herself

15. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

MW, the forum is experiencing some technical difficulties. :floor:

We have 500 new members. New mods. They're trying to keep up. I suspect that they just got a little over-zealous trying to merge two threads on a similar topic.

But I don't think anyone is changing any post content. So...unless you have evidence that FFJ is guilty of something like that...don't think so.

16. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

17. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Adair, as I remember it, Rikki was an anchor on a panel of guests who evaluated "the suspects" in the murder. Pictures of something like 6 "suspects" were displayed and the panel discussed them one by one, via the known evidence.

It was really lame, to tell you the truth. The so-called media is always way behind us.

Anyway, Burke was one of the suspects, but he had no picture, I don't think, just a "silhouette" type of outline. Burke was a minor, so that was the basis of the suit. It was settled. Court TV then started running Tracey's latest croc immediately, and they've never looked back.

Here's the thing I hope John Ramsey is thinking about every day: Burke is no longer a minor. Patsy is dead. One day, John will be dead. I predict that in the future, when the next generation of reporters is writing/talking about this case, Burke is going to be the one having to live with "innuendoes" for the rest of his life.

So if John thinks his money is going to protect Burke forever...he might want to think again. Either the Ramseys have been covering for Burke...or they're covering for another family member...themselves included, IMO.

And that is way this case is going down in history. Absent a CONFESSION.

18. amster

amster Member

Chill....two threads got merged.....

I also was reading over at FR.....it's useless to argue with the RST. As a matter of fact, I no longer go anywhere that I have to argue or defend my opinion on this case. I did that for too many years. I'd rather :banghead: than argue with anybody, anymore.

19. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Hey Wolfie...good to see you!

I promise the mods aren't changing anyone's post content...although they are merging "like" threads...we have to...it is self-preservation...it happens everytime we get "newbies" on the forum...they don't look to see if a thread is already started on something...they just start a new one, and then the rest of us can't keep up....I'm sure you can understand!

20. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

What Moab said. :)

(Midnight, I was sending you a PM at the same time Moab was posting. Hope that helps clear up the confusion.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice