Responding to E-mail

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Aug 31, 2006.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

"I hope that two very hard working and important people on this forum will get past this and this will be a small, bad memory for all.

I hope Jayelles feels the same."

That makes two of us.

2. MedEditor

MedEditor Member

I really don't want to keep this thread going, but as a "newbie" I have to say that one of the first things about FFJ that jumped out at me was RiverRat's avatar. I immediately knew who it was in the picture and thought, "that picture says it all." I had never seen the picture before, but the obvious "posing" made it obvious to me who it was. I also have to admit that I found the hands-around-the-throat pose to be very telling.

IMO, that picture just sums up the whole case.

3. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

Just have to weigh in on the panty avatar.

While the picture may be disturbing in some aspects, I think it's absolutely brilliant of Jayelle's to find such a stunning way to be able to visualize just how huge those panties were on JonBenet. No child had to be embarressed, and nothing was put out on the internet that could be used for disgusting purposes by sickos like Karr, Susan Bennett or Michael Tracy...just to name a few.

Both the panty and Patsy avatars tell huge stories about JonBenet's murder. I wouldn't want either one of them to be removed.

4. tylin

tylin Banned

AMEN!!! :bowdown: :highfive:

5. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I agree.

6. RiverRat

I am offended by Shadow's avatar what with the price of gas these days.

7. tylin

tylin Banned

I don't know if I should be sticking my nose in this, lol, but GO RIVERRAT! I will never, ever forget the first time (years ago I believe) that I saw your avatar. It hit me like a punch in the stomach. That very picture also confirmed my feelings about Patsy's involvement in her daughter's murder.
    I only wish more people could see the picture.

8. RiverRat

Thank you TY - this is my only way to get the picture out there as I agree with you in wishing more could see it. The only heat I have ever received about it is from Ramsey supporters so I was as stunned as a pig to receive opposition at home.

If I am ever an embarassment (i.e mame) to this forum, PM me to receive my most humble apologies.....I will rectify and move on as that is the last thing I would want to be.

9. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Rr

Don't change a thing about yourself or your avatar. Especially for some anonymous email writer who is probably a troll, trying to get in here with a gmail address. I smell a put-up job, and I believe Jayelles has been had by someone who doesn't like this forum very much. That email was SOOOOO contrived.

10. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I think your right Lurker, anyone new looking at that picture wouldn't get the idea that someone was making fun of this murder. The pic is too small to see anything but someone at the headstone, just no way for the assumptions the email writer came up with.

I think this person has been around the forums, seen the pic and doesn't like it. With all the new case news they and found the opportunity to once again bring up something that the Ramfans don't want seen by the public and visiting reporters. lol

11. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Freebird

I agree, Freebird. In fact, I think MOAB should make a LARGE copy of the Patsy/Grave photo and put it at the top of the JBR forum as a "sticky".

12. Thor

Thor Active Member

Rat, never change anything. I am with you girl.

13. RiverRat

Thor

:hug: Back at ya, Baby!

14. heymom

heymom Member

:laughup: :laughup: :laughup: :poke: :poke:

Where's the pig-stunning smiley anyway....

Heymom

15. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

Jayelles ....

You know, I'm a big fan of River, but to be truthful, at on time, even I thought it was somebody posing in front of Jonbenet's grave. Later, I thought it was Jamieson and I guess the photo looks as though the teeth have been altered to appear prominent.

Still, should one bend to an email from someone we don't really know. Are they making a valid point or is there something else going on here. I'm a little concerned that the poster was on the Jam's site, but was not able to get on our site .... was she able to post there?

If the emailer is truly sincere, then I think it should be up to RR to make the decision.

BTW, perhaps I'm a bit of a cynic, but isn't this a bit coincidental with the very recent attacks tonight by Jamieson directed at River.

My hinky meter is up?

Regards,
    Mandarin

16. RiverRat

Mandarin - I have to clear that up - that post from jameson was from back in 2001......I just happened to save it as a reminder of low they can go.

Attached Files:

17. Tril

Tril Member

I hadn't paid much attention to the JonBenet case for several years until Karr popped up, but I knew right away the avatar picture was Photo-Op Patsy The Drama Queen at JonBenet's grave trying to portray herself as griefstruck yet at the same time, full of happy memories and adoration of JonBenet. It's a famous picture, and I think it's a great avatar.

I also like the bloomies one. When my sister saw it while lurking at FFJ, she phoned me long distance, laughing her head off. Then she went ahead and read the Bloomies sticky to see what it was about.

18. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

Thanks River

Thanks so much River .... that's what I get for being a "no show" for so long.

I see a lost of posts, that seem to be quoting things from years ago, and you know, without realizing they are from years ago, I spend so much time reading the meat of them, without ever glacing at the dates.

Phew .... there is so much to digest here .... but thanks for clearing that up.

Still, I'm a bit leary of the alleged sincerity of the poster claiming to be offended by the avatar.

Guess they've never been fortunate enough to watch South Park. So my verdict now is .... keep your avatar exactly as it is. I guess her next email will be about your hat .... you know, maybe she doesn't like rodents & will assume we're a pack of rats.

Who really cares, anyway .... let's move on, as you would succinctly say.

Regards,
    Mandarin
    Regards,
    Mandarin

19. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh, greeeat. Now not only is Jayelles a laughing stock, but so am I....

The things we do for this case.... :highfive:

20. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well, the Bloomies model isn't exactly my idea of a warm and fuzzy memory, either.

But that's the whole point, isn't it?

I'm not really here for warm fuzzies. I'd not be here at all if that was my goal.

I know Jayelles is about to shoot me for putting it up as an avatar. She's been quite a good sport about it, honestly, even though she did call me a ba'heid. And Elle was nice enough to define it for me.... :rolleyes: Love you, both, anyhow!

However, I still think this is SOOOOOOOOO CRITICAL, because we now have emails used by LACY from KARR to TRACEY...am I channeling Dr. Seuss?...in which Karr claims HE BROUGHT THE TOO LARGE UNDIES WITH HIM WHEN HE BROKE IN AND MURDERED JONBENET.

So...again...how important is it that Jayelles was so sharp she made the model? She got us talking about it...and yeah, no one more than BA'HEID ME. But I went through that Atlanta 2000 interview with Patsy so many times, when I read Karr claiming he brought the Bloomies, I thought, wow, you mean LACY NOR HER INVESTIGATORS EVEN KNOW THAT PATSY BOUGHT THEM AND SAID POINT BLANK SHE GAVE THEM TO JB AND PUT THEM IN HER DRAWER?

Gee, you'd think something so IMPORTANT in this case might catch SOMEONE'S ATTENTION IN 10 YEARS OF INVESTIGATING, wouldn't you?

I mean...WORLD-CLASS DETECTIIVES missed THAT?

Whatev....

So, again, thanks Jayelles for your work, and I'll take the avatar down after the attention dies down if you reallyreallyreally want me to.

But for now, I hope you forgive my zealousness, because I personally think you came up with the biggest break in the case I've seen in a long time. One that is totally new to us, and one that I think everyone who really wants to know who committed this murder should see, because it proves so much...so much that has always been unclear before.

Sorry I hijacked this thread away from RR. I'm about to watch Tricia on Inside Edition...YEAH, I DIDN'T MISS IT!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice