Psychological profile on Patsy Ramsey

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Just cruising around the Net, I came upon this. I've never seen it before. Has anyone?

http://www.seraph.net/jonbenet.html

info@seraph.net

In 1997 our company was contacted by the Boulder Police Department to assist them in the investigation of the murder of JonBenet Ramsey. We were asked to submit an analysis of the ransom note and in 1998 we were asked to write a psychological profile on Patsy Ramsey. Here are those reports.

PROFILE REPORT
    Analysis of $118,000 ransom demand in Ramsey case
    To: Det. Ron Gosage
    Reference: Psalm 118:27b, Biblical reference Old Testament

"The Lord is our God, Who has shown and given us light. Decorate the festival with leafy boughs and bind the sacrifices to be offered with thick cords to the horns of the altar."

Based on my experience, this second section of verse 27 has been used by several white supremacy groups such as the Christian Identity movement and the Aryan Nation to justify their killing of blacks, Jews and other minorities. In their non-orthodox view, the verse is speaking of offering a person as a sacrifice to God and God is accepting their sacrifice on his altar as atonement. No conservative or liberal Christian theologians interpret the verse in this way.

We have consulted with several theologians about the verse and all have agreed that the verse is a metaphor concerning praise and redemption.

As a historical note, the Hebrews where required to offer a blood sacrifice to God to atone for their sins as a nation. A lamb or sheep would be placed on the altar and tied to the four extended horns of the altar with thick cords. The animal was then cut and bled until it was dead. The blood was then used in ceremony for the "washing away by the blood, the sins of the people".

White supremacists use the redemption and sacrifice ideas to form a justification for killing "animals" [minorities] and offering them to God.

In 1987, I met a FBI agent who told me about a case in the late 1970s, that involved this verse of scripture. The case involved a woman with a very conservative Christian background, who strangled her daughter and used this verse as a justification for the killing. Her belief was that the child would be better off in "heaven with God" and that the daughter would be a redemptive sacrifice to God for her [the mother's] sins. We have tried to find information about this case but have been unsuccessful. I would suggest a call to the Psychological Crimes Unit of the FBI in Quantico, VA.

My assessment of this verse and it's possible relevance to this case is as follows: The person using this verse would be from a conservative Christian background, i.e. Southern Baptist, Presbyterian, etc. They would see themselves as having committed a grievous sin that requires more than a prayer of forgiveness. Their disgust for their sin would lead to anger towards themselves and towards the person that they felt they had wronged in this case the girl.

By killing the child they believed that they where taking the child from a dark world or a dark existence and sending the child to a better place. This blood sacrifice would in their mind bring them redemption for their sin and rid them of their guilt as it related to the child.

I have spent over twenty years studying extreme conservative Christian ideology. Based on my experience and research, this belief in para-redemptive acts manifests itself in many ways, some extreme and some more philosophical.

From my limited knowledge of the killing [ news reports of forensic findings ], I believe that the individual who committed this act, had no previous experience with the killing of a human being.

If the information is correct, the strangulation and blunt trauma to the skull meant that the offender tried one method of killing the girl and then changed to a different method out of frustration. One of these methods failed and the person resorted to a second method to kill the victim. The contusions and other secondary injuries may have been attempts to control the victim during a struggle or strikes of frustration when the child did not die on the first attempt.

Based on my experience this crime was done by an intimate, a person who knew the victim and had an emotional attachment to the victim. If the forensic information that I have is correct, the offender attempted strangulation first, ]. The offender was in my opinion connected to the victim in an emotional way.

I hope that this information assist you in your investigation. If you need additional information, please feel free to contact me.

Submitted: 29 July 1997

Dale Yeager

Murder Investigation of JonBenet Ramsey
    EVIDENCE ANALYSIS
    Part II

Prepared by:
    SERAPH Inc.
    Dale Yeager
    Denise Knoke

25-May-98

Psalm 118:18 - 27

1/1a As we stated in our first report, we believe that Patsy Ramsey's mindset before and after the murder of JonBenet, was heavily influenced by the charismatic theological subculture that she had embraced during her bout with cancer.

Psalm 118 is a biblical chapter that is used quite often in the Charismatic/Pentecostal movement. This subculture of the Christian Religion has many unwritten fundamentals that they adhere to. One area in which they divert from main stream Christian theology is in the area of biblical interpretation. Because of their extreme emphasis on spiritual gifts, they tend to have a more flexible view of interpretation compared to the more scholarly approach taken by their fellow Christians in main steam denominations.

Rather than believing the scriptures to be the general will of God being presented to all believers, they take a more mystical approach by viewing the scriptures as a prophetic tool used by God to speak to individual believers. This flexible attitude leads to extraordinarily diverse views theologically. We believe that Patsy Ramsey took this approach from the Osteen, Hickey and Barnhill books that she was introduced to during her illness.

1/2a Several words and phrases that appear in the ransom note also appear together and with great frequency in these books and in the Charismatic subculture. The following list explains their importance in this case.

CORDS OR BINDINGS - Binding is a significant word used frequently in the Charismatic subculture. It stems from the belief that Satan/Evil does not operate without Gods permission. This tenant of Charismatic theology requires that individual believers verbally "bind" Satan's power over their lives through prayer, verbal affirmations to other believers during worship and in some cases through the ceremonial tying of physical cords or ropes around themselves or others. It is possible that the tying of JonBenet body with cords was linked to Patsy's view of JonBenet's death, whether accidental or deliberate, as a para-redemptive sacrifice similar to the request by God to Abraham regarding his son.

S.B.T.C. - In the Charismatic subculture, acronyms are quite common and used quite frequently as teaching tools and on banners [In church icons]. S.B.T.C. is a well-used acronym that represents the words "saved by the cross". In our extensive database of terroristic groups, we find no use of this phrase with White Supremacy or International Organizations. The author of the ransom note uses this acronym along with the word "victory". The word "victory" is used in the Charismatic subculture as a verb. It is seen as the result of actions taken by believers to bind and overcome Satan's power primarily in the areas of physical health.

SACRIFICE - The concept of sacrifice is prominent in all Christian theology most clearly in the idea of Jesus being sacrificed on the cross for the remission of the world's sins. In Charismatic theology sacrifice is connected to chastisement. The idea that believers must sacrifice to be truly repentant is emphasized heavily. Charismatic theology holds that true confession involves sacrificial action by the believer. This sacrificial action is usually benign such as asking forgiveness from a person you have offended.
    We believe that Patsy Ramsey is a delusional sociopath. Based on our experience with religious sociopaths, we believe that she saw JonBenet's death as a sacrifice for sins she had committed. Obviously Psalm 118 does not ask for human sacrifice but in her delusional mindset she interpreted verse 27 as a request by God for a para-redemptive act.
    1/3a Our conclusion is that you are investigating a child's murder with ritualistic overtones. Mrs. Ramsey's motives and post incident actions cannot be understood with rational thought. This crime was committed by a delusional individual who has convinced herself of her own innocence. Sociopaths always view their violent actions as justified. When a divine intervention is added to this justification pathology, you have a highly volatile individual.

We do not believe as has been theorized that this murder was the result of sexual assault. The autopsy report clearly states that the vaginal trauma was superficial and not consistent with known forensic profiles of sexual assault. There is no evidence in pedophile research of strangulation as a means of sexual gratification for a child molester. Strangulation and sexual assault are most commonly seen in sadomasochism between heterosexual and homosexual adults. Or by late adolescent and young adult males during masturbation.

We do not believe that John Ramsey was involved in a sexual relationship with JonBenet. We do believe that he played a role in the cover up that followed the murder.

2. Watching You

Amen

And Amen

3. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Yes, it's been up a while. I had the link on my old hard drive but had forgotten about it.

4. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

5. Watching You

Well, I agree it's a crock, except I do think PR could be a sociopath.

I just didn't recall ever seeing this before.

6. DocG

DocG Banned

Yes, I've seen it. It's been around forever, I'm amazed you happened to miss that one, WY.

And thanks EasyWriter. Yes, it's a crock. And someone did pay for it, I'm afraid, probably the BPD.

First of all it's a HUGE stretch to go from $118,000 to Psalm 118. And then to extrapolate from Patsy's interest in that Psalm to her suffering from some sort of fundamentalist-based psychopathology, that's ridiculous. The BPD got desperate at a certain point and seemed willing to try anything at all that could link Patsy to the murder/coverup. Expert witnesses will tell you what you want to hear. For a price. To me the most interesting aspect of this screed is the author's eagerness to distance John Ramsey from the crime. Guess he figured that too was what his employers wanted to hear. I wonder why.

7. Watching You

Well, Doc, I probably did see it in the past and just forgot about it. Old age creepeth up on me, perhaps.

8. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Yeah, I've seen this before. And I can tell you that the author has it all wrong. For one thing, conservative fundamentalist Christians do not practice faith healing. That would be the charismatic and pentecostal factions of the Christian faith. Conservative fundamentalists believe that the charismatics and pentecostals are cults and their "supernatural" beliefs are ridiculous. The reason for this theory is that such things as faith healing, etc. are believed to be the works of the Holy Spirit. Conservative fundamentalists hold firmly that the work of the Holy Spirit on earth was limited to the days immediately surrounding the resssurrection and ascension of Christ and are no longer operative. Their belief of such limited activity by the Holy Spirit is based in the book of Acts in the New Testament.

The Ramseys' affiliation with Rev. Rol and his church was not by any stretch of the imagination an effort at true connection with God or association with religion. It was a social and political involvement where they made quite a few well-placed high society Boulderite relationships upon their arrival in Boulder. It was within this context that Patsy was introduced to her heretofore unknown aspect of Christianity, i.e., faith healing. It is classic of cultural christians to only display any true interest in God and His ways when they are facing lifechanging or life and death events. This was the case with Patsy in her bout with cancer.

There are true believers/followers of religion and then social or cultural "christians" who talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Religious/church affiliation is simply the socially correct thing to do. The Ramseys most definitely fall into this category.

However, I do believe that Patsy and John Ramsey both exhibit every classic, textbook symptom of socio/psychopathy, including a public religious persona for the sake of a socially and politically correct public image and favor with those in the judgment seat. But that's a topic for another thread.

9. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, I've read this before a very long time ago, and you can imagine the time wasted for the Boulder Police having to weed their way through it.

10. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I use the authorized King James version; the verse isn't exactly the same in it. Chapter 118 has two verses which stand out to me; one is the one about this is the day which the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it. There's a song used at least in the Methodist church with these words. The other is about the stone that the builders rejected has become the head of the corner, I think that's mentioned elsewhere in scripture. Bees, honest to God and yall probably already know it, are mentioned in the chapter! The verse that is examined so carefully, it's not one that comes to mind easily frequenting mostly the Methodist church here.

It's a beautiful chapter, begins and ends with: "O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever."

11. Sara

Sara Member

Profiling

Judging by some of the religious epithets heard over the years from Patsy Ramsey I would say this is not as far off as some people think. Especially if she killed her child :cool:

A former FBI-guy was on television recently and said that there have been several profiles of the kidnap-note writer and it seems to me he said they were consistent in that the writer was profiled as a well-educated wealthy white woman with a business background. That fits :takeabow: Patsy Ramsey.

Whether or not she's a killer I bet she wrote that kidnap note though.

12. JoeJame

JoeJame member

I know that this has been ages ago it seems. But I was looking back at all the old threads and lo and behold...this is exactly what I believe took place...has been for a long time. No better way to justify your act then to believe it was a sacrifice of some sorts, in the name of God. "She'll never have to know about Cancer or losing a child." And I know that the My Twinn Doll seems irrelevant to some but it has always struck me as odd. I can see a mother buying a doll like that, I guess...but that particular year and having the doll look so much like JonBenet at that age. Does anyone know what happened to that doll? Victory, and she believes she was saved by the cross. and 118,000......well it fits. there are fanatics in the world. Religion or politics......take your pick.

13. sue

sue Member

I don't know what happened to the doll, but they were the 'trendy' gift for upper middle class little girls around that time period. I can see Patsy wanting JB to have one - her having one showed that her family was wealthy enough to afford one. I can also see Patsy wanting one at JB's age because she was just getting into pageants not long before and this would be a reminder of her first pageants.
    Here's a link to a page about the company and their move to Colorado in 1995.

14. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

The Psalms do come up in this case. The Ramseys quote them in DOI.

Patsy did say she thought JB was in heaven with God awaiting her mother's arrival.

Technically, it would be a sacrifice if Patsy deliberately ended JB's life so that she would have the fantasy of her little angel in heaven, having paved the way for Patsy, so to speak.

BUT! Psalms 118 was what JOHN'S Bible was open to, beside his bed.

The note mocks John. The ransom amount could have been another jab at him, not a proclamation by Patsy.

The note is very negative. The sign-off could have been a final insult in the manner of; Remember Johnny boy, Victory! Saved By The Cross. Nya, nya, nya. In that childish sing songy taunting way.

Patsy was somewhat religious, even more so after getting cancer. But I think the note was written by a split-off personality that was anti-religion, anti-everything, very bitter and very self inflated.

I don't think 118 or Victory! S.B.T.C says anything promoting who Patsy imagined herself to be. I think it was all a shot at John.

And here's the worst part: John went through Hell with the loss of Beth. What better way to get to him than to take his other daughter.

In my psychoanalysis of Patsy, she had a lot of repressed hate for John, and/or what John represented.

15. JoeJame

JoeJame member

I agree totally...You know most of life equates religion and/or politics...always for a gain that isn't honest. I really believe that this woman wanted to spare her child from this life,,,,,it may have been an accident in the beginning but to justify it would be to relate to psalms 118 and the fact that child will never know cancer or losing a child......

16. adair

adair Member

This maybe a bit out there...

Could P's belief of what happened that night (accident, or whatever) along with the time passed & add some coaching from the guy giving the polygraph.....Could all of that combind help her and J to pass the polygraph.

( I know it is junk science..)

Sorry this is not the right thread, but i have wondered if she had some mental problem and really believed a different version of what happened that night.

JMO...

17. heymom

heymom Member

It is my understanding that passing the polygraph is possible if the right questions are asked in the right way. The Ramseys never took an FBI or a police department-administered polygraph because they knew they'd never pass that one. You don't have to be mentally ill to pass a polygraph, you just have to find the "right" person to give it to you!

I'm sure also that a sociopath could pass any polygraph, since they don't have what we would call a conscience.

18. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I like Hodges book on Patsy...er....both books. Though some of it I don't agree with, the majority makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice