What if:

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Weird, I can't see a mother raising a heavy object (flashlight) to hit her child but I can see a woman doing it to a grown man molesting her child.

2. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

What if JonBenet said or did something to provoke her mother?

-Tea

3. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

The injury to JonBenet's face most likely happened during the follow-thru of Burke's golf swing. Such an occurrence is sometimes shown on America's Funniest Home Videos show.

-Tea

4. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

My guess is that the baseball bat was used to punch a baseball-sized hole in the basement window that night.

-Tea

5. Spade

Spade Member

Huh?

To the best of my knowledge, there was NO baseball sized hole in a basement window.

6. tylin

tylin Banned

Spade,
    Again, thanks for the important info. I definitely think John aided in the staging.

7. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

The hole in the basement window has been described in books as being a baseball-sized hole.

-Tea

8. sue

sue Member

I can't see either, but I can see Patsy going after John with a flashlight much easier than going after Burke.
    Although, if she was going for John and hit JB instead, I would have never let her be in the same room with me asleep again if I were John.

9. MlazyV

MlazyV Banned for Stupidity

JonBenet's room had an area reserved for pageant trophies. Some of them are big and heavy and certainly could have inflicted the skull fracture with a small swing. There was a depressed piece of bone so it seems it was something with protrubing or jagged edges. A trophy fits. If Patsy grabbed something it would have to have been something out in the open in JonBenet's room.

Somwhere I've seen a picture of some of the trophies. Pam admitted she took a pageant medal and some pageant banners and Schiller said she took pageant portfolios. I wouldn't be surprised to learn she took a trophy too.

It's possible the painting she took out was where the cord came from. There would have been marks you could match up where the cord came in contact with hardware rings on the back. There would have been little rust or dirt marks. I'm more than 100% convinced the duct tape came off an American Girl doll Pam was allowed to remove. It follows that other things removed also played big parts in the death of JonBenet. Why take anything out? The house contents weren't being packed up and shipped to China.

ARREST PAM PAUGH
    QUESTION PAM PAUGH

10. MlazyV

MlazyV Banned for Stupidity

the murder weapon?

[​IMG]

Compare the skull fracture to the base of a trophy. Looks plausible to me. I think they did testing with a flashlight but never a trophy. The inclination would be to use the top part as a handle.

[​IMG]

Looks to me like the base of a trophy would fit in that hole like a glove.

QUESTION PAM PAUGH
    ARREST PAM PAUGH

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  11. Nickii

Nickii Member

Spades scenario is interesting. Very interesting. For me it is the scenario with the best motive to get the puzzle ready. But there is one thing, that bothers me:
    Why did Steve Thomas write his book and accuse Patsy for the murder? He was the person with maybe the best knowledge of the whole investigation! Why did he do that?

12. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

One word: "FrUsTraTioN!!!"
    :cop: = :curses:

13. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

You're Right, but ...

Freebird, actually you're right about an adult to adult confrontation, but somehow I don't see Patsy as being the type of person that would stand up to John ... just my opinion though.

On the other hand, many children use heavy objects to strike at one another primarily because they do not have as much strength as a full grown adult.

I know you & many parents probably wouldn't strike a child, but many have and still do strike children harshly .... it's a well-documented fact.

Regards,
    Mandarin

14. heymom

heymom Member

But wouldn't the edge of a trophy, presumably marble and rectangular, cut open her scalp as it struck her? I think that is the problem with most of the scenarios where JonBenet is hit with an object that has edges - there would have been a cut scalp and lots of blood. I can't think of a way this could have happened without her scalp being cut, but perhaps a tub or sink?

Heymom

15. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Yeah, it would have to be rounded with a concentration on a small area.

16. Carol

Carol Member

Dr. Baden, to this day, believes it was something smooth and curved, such as a bathroom fixture (tub, sink, toilet).

17. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

(emphasis mine)
    This intrigues me. How did they know the exact truth, in your opinion? Did they speak to Burke directly, or did they have evidence (other than John and Patsy statements) that they kept from the BPD?

18. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

John and Patsy wouldn't want Burke around right then if he were involved or not. He was a very inconvenient witness. His answers to police questioning would've exposed the Ramseys as liars and blown their coverup.

But how does that implicate Burke?

19. So what you're suggesting here is that Burke was molesting JB and then took a swing at her with a baseball bat?

Would the Rams have noticed the vaginal bleeding right away? Would Burke have been molesting JB while the Rams were still up and about? Most parents, seeing their child with a head injury would've immediately called an ambulance without checking her pulse or looking for vaginal bleeding. Doesn't seem to fit... but thats just me.

20. True Sue.

The idea that Patsy walked in on a molestation in progress and took a swing at the molestor doesn't work for me because Patsy HAD to have known it was going on.
    As I've mentioned on another thread: she had taken JB to the doctor dozens of times, the doctor would've alerted her about the injuries and their implications and even if he didn't, she would've noticed redness and swelling when bathing or dressing JB, so she wouldn't have been surprised if it was going on.

Besides that, doesn't anyone think Burke or John would've waited until Patsy was asleep before doing something like that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice