Mail Delivery for John?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Terralee, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Terralee

Terralee FFJ Senior Member

DOI pg 19 John states "I see some new mail on the foyer floor, beneath the mail slot by our front door, I think if the kidnapper is going to communicate with me, maybe there is a note from him in this pile of mail. I sort carefully through the letters. Nothing" now why would an intruder walk up to the Ramseys door and drop a message for John? this statement is so dumb, the place was full of people, the streets were probably lined with cops, marked cars I may add,and the neighbours were probalby keeping an eye on the activities in front of the house, and yet John Ramsey thought that the kidnapper would have walked up to the door and dropped a message in the mail slot? That statement deserves something I just cant think of what. IMO of course

2. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Amazing how John kept forgetting to follow the instructions from the kidnappers threatening to kill his child.

'Listen carefully'.....'don't even talk to a stray dog', cause your being monitored....'we will phone you'....

3. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Nice find, TerraLee!

That is INDEED an odd passage ... an odd recollection/reflection.

It strikes me in at least two ways:

1. That John felt a need to explain his behavior ... and set himself in a positive light ...

2. That he was mulling over stOOpid mistakes in his staging and coverup ... and subtly explaining them away.

The guy had HOURS to ponder what had transpired that day. Guilty or innocent, his mind had to have been racing. A guilty man ponders his mistakes ... an INNOCENT man thinks of ONLY one thing ... the safety of his daughter.

Over and over again, John and Patsy Ramsey display behavior of GUILTY people ... NOT the behavior of people whose first concern was for the safety of their daughter.

Nice find, TL.

...YumYum

4. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I agree on no one would come up to the door and push a ransom note through the slot. He was also hoping no one would notice the kidnappers didn't call.

5. heymom

heymom Member

JR is so full of :bsflag:

The police on that day found him reading his mail at his desk, so perhaps this lie was to cover his rear and make it sound as if he cared more than he seemed to. How could anyone sit and go through their mail as if it were any old day, if they thought their little 6-year-old daughter had been kidnapped??? I wouldn't know which end was up! No, these people did not behave normally, not on that day or subsequently.

Heymom

6. Nikeo

Nikeo Member

I read this to mean that possibly the kidnapper had mailed instructions to John, not walked up the walk to drop it in the mail slot. John stated he saw new mail, hence, a mailed note/letter from the kidnapper.

7. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

Terralee,

I have wondered about this "mail story" ever since we first heard it way back years ago, I think in the Vanity Fair article. I mean it was strange enough that John was reading the mail that morning thinking there might be a message from the kidnappers but even stranger to me was that NOBODY seemed to panic that somebody, a person was walking up the front yard that morning, which he had to do to drop the mail in the mail slot at the door.

The RST claimed articles like the Vanity Fair twisted the truth making the American public believe the Ramseys were guilty but the fact remains that John did check the "new mail" that morning as verified from his own book in 2000. And he also stated he was wandering around the house looking out upstairs windows for strange vans, etc.

But what about the mailman himself, who obviously walked right up to their front door to drop the mail in the mail slot the very morning everybody was suppose to be on alert to hear from the kidnappers ?

This is one of those questioned items on my list just like what happened to that photo copy of the ransom note they were all looking at that morning?

8. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

I read the same thing as you did into what John wrote. So what IF the kidnapper mailed something to John, did the idiot even consider there might be fingerprints on the letter?

Once again, we have John totally disregarding every rule related to the proper handling of evidence. Why?--because he knew it wasn't a real kidnapping and no matter what he did that day it wouldn't bring back his daughter.

9. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

Well, there isn't mail delivery/cross that out/pick up on Christmas and the mail is heavy and slow the week of Christmas - I think Patsy's Christmas cards even arrived late.

10. Nikeo

Nikeo Member

If the story is true that the mailman made it up the walk and delivered the mail as John states, I would dare say that John, like most lay people, would not have a clue or know "every rule related to the proper handling of evidence". Even Fleet White did not have a clue, he picked up the duct tape that covered JonBenet's mouth.

The first mishandling of evidence was done by the Boulder Police Department when they did not clear that home, take the Ramsey family to the police station for questioniong, and go over that home with a fine tooth comb for evidence. They have the training for the proper handling of evidence, John did not.

11. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

well putting aside the naeivity and ineptness ofhte Police in teh first place.. Kidnapper Mail makes no sense at all..it certainly wasnt normail mail..as that indicates postig at least the day before..which just confounds any beleivability to the max.. it makes no sense in terms of the ransome note..as a phone call was to come.. ..

this is all purely theatrics..very bad theatrics.. .all part of the post murder staging ..and more opportunites for contamination of the crime scene..

in a way..very clever.. dastardly...but clever...I can only imagine that once John and patsy realised that they werent up against any Einsteins in the first hours that they could have a field day...and they did...am suprised they could keep a straight face thoughout it all!!

12. wombat

wombat Member

Also, what was in his mail anyway? A bunch of Christmas cards and three or four bills? How long does that take to open and read? John probably didn't care a rap about who sent Christmas cards anyway.

I've always thought the mail story is a coverup for something else he did. Probably he went into his study and wanted to look at papers that had something to do with his new position. I think he reviewed his portfolio to see what he could divest quickly to pay for lawyers and his other new expenses.

If he already knew JonBenet was dead, the only thing that would have attracted him to the mail would have been financial statements.

13. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

or the phone bill!

14. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I thought it was odd only because we don't have a mail delivery service on Boxing Day, but then I guess it's not a public holiday in the US?

15. heymom

heymom Member

No, it's not a holiday here, but the mail wouldn't have been delivered on Christmas, and I doubt the mail would have been delivered on the 26th before 1 p.m., so John reading the "new" mail would mean at least the day before Christmas delivery. Do they just leave their mail laying on the floor for 3 days? Weird.

Heymom

16. adair

adair Member

So when LE came to the house wouldn't they have had to step over any "old mail"???? Would they have left mail on the floor from the 24th??

Sounds pretty strange to me.

Also I wonder if the Rams usually had their mail held when they went out of town?

I wonder if they thought that LE would have found her body on the first search of the home.........maybe he did move JBR body so that it could be seen when the door opened. (FW not seeing her body the first time he looked, so JR moves her just a bit so she can be seen when the door is opened??... I wonder if that was another part of the falling out with the Whites. (I can imagine FW being so sure that he looked in that room, but didnt see her, maybe she was behind the door?) I guess that is just another part that doesnt make sense.

JMO

17. cindysnow3

cindysnow3 Member

Yes, I have often wondered this myself. They would have already been gone, on their airplane. Their trip to Michigan, plus their cruise would have been at least until mid Jan. Would they have had all of their mail just dropped off at their house, and not held by the postmaster, for this length of time.. hmm?? I wouldn't.. But that's just me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice