In support of the BPD

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Spade

Spade Member

The BPD has taken a huge hit over the last 9+ years and IMO it is undeserved. When I 1st read the Bonita Papers I realized what a professional job they had done, despite the obstruction from the assistant baby killers in the DA’s office. Here are a few examples:

1. “On April 21, Detective Melissa Hickman flew to Los Angeles to meet with Mike Epstein and Jim Roeder, engineers at Aerospace Corporation, for purposes of enhancing the recording of the 911 call received at the Boulder Regional Dispatch Center.â€

2. “In May, the photos were submitted to Brent Opell, Professor of Biology at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksbury, Virginia. Prof. Opell reported that the web was that of the Agelenidae, known as a funnel-web spider. The web was reasonably intact and extending through the grating, suggesting that the grating had not been disturbed since the spider constructed its web.

According to Prof. Opell, these types of spiders would cease constructing webs no later than early November, thus indicating that no one had entered that window well past this early November deadline. The theory that anyone could have entered the Ramsey residence through this broken window was totally discounted by this simple evidence of natureâ€.

3.†In January, 1997, the Boulder police investigation team had met in Quantico, Virginia with the Critical Incident Response Group of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. A follow up consultation was scheduled for September 9. Special agents from the FBI's Child Abduction and Serial Killer Unit ("CASKU"),a member of the Profiling and Behavioral Assessment unit ("PBAQ), two lab technicians and a forensic pathologist, met with Hofstrom and Demuth from the D.A.'s office, Detectives. Thomas, Trujillo and Wickman and other key detectives now assigned to the Ramsey investigation team, and the three "dream team" attorneys. CASKU provides immediate operation assistance to federal, state and local law enforcement agencies involved in investigations of child abduction and serial homicide. The opinion expressed by the CASKU team at the first meeting was that the kidnapping story was not credible based upon the utter illogic of an intruder’s actions and behavior.

They also opined that the ransom note had a ridiculous content, but a complimentary tone. They pointed out that the staging aspects of the crime and the behavior of the parents pointed to a familial involvement.

Another aspect of the death scene which indicated familial involvement was the finding of the Barbie nightgown with JonBenet’s body. Grandmother Nedra had mentioned in her interview that this nightgown was know to be one of JonBenet’s favorite items and she took it with her to all the pageants. According to the FBI, “Parental murders are often trademarked in their staging aspects and care for the victim, and placing a child’s item of affinity with the victim’s body is consistent with a parental homicide.â€

4. “Arndt and Weiss then made a brief inspection of JonBenet's bedroom. Weiss had noted when the officers arrived that there was frost on the patio outside her bedroom and there was no sign of footprints or other evidence of disturbance of the frost.â€

Within a month of JonBenet’s death, the BPD’;s investigation had essentially eliminated the possibility of an “intruder†committing this crime. Only Lou Smit (who LE friends rightly describe as a disgrace to hard working police officers and whose role in the official investigation has been grossly exaggerated by the RST) promoted the IDI theory. This is another reason Looney Lou will go to hell with Patsy instead of heaven with his lovely wife Barb. (See the Ten Commandments)

I wonder how Smit lives with himself knowing that his lies robbed Steve Thomas and Linda Arndt of their careers and made the White, Karr, and Helgoth families(to name a few) lives a living hell.

2. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

the assistant baby killers in the DA’s office.

OK everybody, Spade said that, not me.

3. Little

Little Member

I'm glad you started this topic Spade. The BPD has been so maligned, when, in reality, they answered to the people who were paid to make the big decisions, and made the big decisions in this case. IMO the blame doesn't lay at the feet of the patrol officers or the detectives, it rises to the top of that heap. They (the BPD) were blocked from doing what they knew how to do best.

Little

4. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

Assistant Baby Killers???

I agree that LE did a far better investigation than the public was led to believe, mostly due to the rantings of the media, talking heads and the RST.

Under the circumstances, it was so easy for those that knew virtually nothing about the case, to become Monday morning quarterbacks.

But, I honestly believe that if the Jonbenet scenario took place in a much larger upscale area in any big city on Xmas, the results would have been the same.

NO ONE, on that +Xmas day responding to an apparent kidnapping with a house full of friends and associates, would have fared any better.

The media, I feel was, to a large degree, responsible for the rift that ensued between LE and the DA's office .... It became a media circus that was impossible to control.

The OJ Simpson trial, likewise was our biggest introduction to the madness of media hype & yellow rag journalism. He was a wealthy man, living in an upscale neighbourhood with high priced lawyers and didn't he get off, and the LE made to look like fools.

So you see, I never faulted the Boulder LE and for a while I had confidence in the Boulder DA's office too, but once the media and the high priced lawyers descended upon the scene, there was never a chance for justice in Boulder, nor any other town in the U.S.A.

BTW, Assistant Baby Killers??

Regards,
    Mandarin

5. Spade

Spade Member

Assistant Baby Killers

IMO anybody who obstucts or obfuscates the truth about the tragedy of JonBenet Ramsey's death is an ASSISTANT BABY KILLER.

My list of people, outside of the Ramsey family, who deserve to have these letters behind their name for life is headed by Mike Bynum ABK. Feel free to expand but please keep the topic of this thread intact.

Steve Thomas "died" for Peter Hofstrom ABK's sins.

6. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

I Dunno ...

I dunno Spade ... yes I agree many careers and individuals suffered throughout the Jonbenet spectacle. We live in an "instant media coverage" world and unfortunately, the public tends to be sucked into the vacuum and then having to take sides as they try to establish who or what they really should believe.

This seems to happen very often now (think Scott Peterson) ... many reputations & lives were trashed daily in the media.

It's a sad world we live in, but fortunately, a lot of victimized people are able to recover in the best way they know how and move on.

When all is said and done, none of us, even today, really know the actual, full truth of what took place in these infamous cases and it's doubtful we will ever know the truth.

I just think labelling like "Assistant Baby Killers" is a bit over the top. For example, I hate it when Bush keeps using the word evil .... it sounds so juvenile, kinda like referring to someone as "The Bad Seed", as if any child on this earth is actually BORN evil.

We all have good and bad faults and we all have different opinions, and I'm not surprised that in a world such as we live in, that even the Ramseys have supporters who genuinely believe in them.

Just my 2 cents Spade .... I like most all of your posts ... but the ABK strikes a bit of negative chord in me.

Regards,
    Mandarin

7. Little

Little Member

I like Spade's posts too, and truthfully, the people who covered for the person/s responsible for JonBenet's death strikes more than a negative chord with me. Their part may not have been the act of causing her death, but their assistance with the cover up, IMO, puts them in the criminal column.

Little

8. Spade

Spade Member

Mandarin

Perhaps I am being "over the top" Mandarin. I certainly respect your opinion. I have been at this for a long time. I've seen the same lame arguments recycled year after year. IMO just to protect BS. When Keenan/Lacy ABK arrested John Mark Karr ABK she went way over the top. She knew exactly who killed JonBenet Ramsey and she attempted to obfuscate the truth.

John Mark Karr ABK knew he was lying when he "confessed" to Michael Tracey ABK.

9. Thor

Thor Active Member

I agree. They wouldn't have been able to cover their a$$e$ without the help of Haddon & Company.

10. Spade

Spade Member

The Hi-Tec boots

14 Q. Do you recall a period of time,
    15 prior to 1996, when your son Burke purchased
    16 a pair of hiking boots that had compasses on
    17 the shoelaces? And if it helps to
    18 remember --
    19 A. I can't remember.
    20 Q. Maybe this will help your
    21 recollection. They were shoes that were
    22 purchased while he was shopping with you in
    23 Atlanta.
    24 MR. WOOD: Are you stating that
    25 as a fact?
    1 MR. LEVIN: I am stating that as
    2 a fact.
    3 Q. (By Mr. Levin) Does that help
    4 refresh your recollection as to whether he
    5 owned a pair of shoes that had compasses on
    6 them?
    7 A. I just can't remember. Bought so
    8 many shoes for him.
    9 Q. And again, I will provide, I'll
    10 say, I'll say this as a fact to you, that,
    11 and maybe this will help refresh your
    12 recollection, he thought that -- the shoes
    13 were special because they had a compass on
    14 them, his only exposure for the most part to
    15 compasses had been in the plane and he kind
    16 of liked the idea of being able to point
    17 them different directions. Do you remember
    18 him doing that with the shoes?
    19 A. I can't remember the shoes. I
    20 remember he had a compass thing like a
    21 watch, but I can't remember about the shoes.
    22 Q. You don't remember him having
    23 shoes that you purchased with compasses on
    24 them?
    25 MR. WOOD: She will tell you that
    1 one more time. Go ahead and tell him, and
    2 this will be the third time.
    3 THE WITNESS: I can't remember.
    4 Q. (By Mr. Levin) Okay. Does it
    5 jog your memory to know that the shoes with
    6 compasses were made by Hi-Tec?
    7 MR. WOOD: Are you stating that
    8 as a fact?
    9 MR. LEVIN: Yes. I am stating
    10 that as a fact.

Who so you think found this out? Clue: It wasn't Looney Lou.

11. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Spade, doesn't the BPD have to be split in two; the New Agers and the Good Old Boys? One part does deserve support and respect and the other is unsupportable.

12. Spade

Spade Member

The BPD

Splitting the BPD in two IMO only serves the purposes of the RST.

If my hypothesis is accurate and the DA's office made a deal before the body was "found", then the BPD not only did an outstanding job in the face of unprecedented cooperation between an elected official and a defense team; but every member of the BPD who worked to expose the truth in this tragedy deserves a Medal of Freedom awarded by the President of the United States.

Steve Thomas should be at the head of the line.

13. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I guess I'm over the top also...I think the DA's office and Haddon, Bynum et all...are baby killers. They enabled the Ramseys to get away with murder.

The BPD did their best IMO, and has suffered a terrible reputation all these years because of the RST's hype....blame the cops.

The DA's office did everything to undermine the investigation...refusing to do the most basic police work 101...like getting the phone records! Oh wait, the DA and RST lawyers said, you CAN'T get the phone records, that's invasion of privacy....what? No phone records that can possibly shed some light on this mysterious kidnapper/pedo/killer? Nope the DA and RST KNEW the Ramseys had no intruder.

Guess John spent millions to take control of the DA's office...must have been a good bargain 'cause John Ramsey is controlling the Boulder DA's office to this day.

14. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I have to agree with the wrongful bashing ALL of the BPD received

Fact:

The crime scene was bungled and the BPD should have known better; however to a large degree, had the BPD come in and thrown everyone out of the Ramsey house that morning, the situation would not have changed.

Once everyone was asked to leave the house, the crime scene is still tainted because the friends and audience the Ramseys called over were already in the house and anything found would have been considered "contaminated", no matter how long they had been there. Maybe a bit less contaminated than it turned out to be, but the Ramseys calling everyone over already contaminated the house BEFORE LE got there.

Despite what the RST would try to shove down our throats, the BPD, BEFORE HADDON AND THE OTHER LAWYERS, obviously treated the Ramseys as victims and not suspects, giving them, unfortunately the benefit of the doubt by allowing them to search their own house, etc. An obvious error in LE judgement but it does show that they weren't "targeted" from the start like Wood and the others would have us believe.

It was the DA's office who ultimately ruined this case and continues to do so to this day.

The DA's office has made it very clear that the investigation is continuing, and NOBODY IS CLEARED. They have the responsibility of remaining silent and impartial when speaking publicly and discussing the case. The Ramseys are still suspects in this case, along with the rest of the population, ACCORDING TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AND LACY HERSELF

So somebody from the planet Boulder please explain why the DISTRICT ATTORNEY is publicly allowing her personal feelings about this case and her personal opinions of the Ramsey's innocence to be spoken out loud to the public at large.

Everyone has a personal feeling about a case, including law enforcement staff (they are human), but the people who are responsible for an ongoing murder investigation are allowed to befriend the suspects and let them know what was going on with Karr, and publicly stating that that it was likely an intruder??????????

The DA attends the funeral of a suspect?

The DA tells John Ramsey and friends results of the Karr investigation before Karr's own attorney?

The DA tells Michael Tracey results of Karr's investigation? An ordinary citizen?

AND ADMITS IT?????

Why is the DA discussing anything investigative with the Ramseys? While they are presumed innocent until proven guilty, who gave the DA the right to give the Ramseys and their team ANY information regarding the murder investigation when the Ramseys are NOT cleared?

It can't possibly be legal!

It can't possibly be ethical!

It can't possibly be professional!

AND IT IS ALL PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE AND NOBODY HAS DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT NOR SEEMS TO CARE ABOUT THE OBVIOUS WRONGDOING.....

EXCEPT US! :banghead:

:curses:

15. Spade

Spade Member

Beckner

DENVER September 2, 2006, 6:56 p.m. ET • The Boulder police chief has defended his department's investigation of the murder of JonBenet Ramsey in several published reports, saying more than 160 suspects were investigated and $2 million spent.

"snip"

The Ramsey family has criticized police, saying the department focused on them at the exclusion of evidence that an intruder killed the 6-year-old beauty queen in December 1996. He told the News that notion was "an urban myth."

16. heymom

heymom Member

Well, DUH!!! What the public has forgotten or never knew is that there never was any evidence to support an intruder so OF COURSE the police focused on the Ramseys!!!

That $2 million was a huge waste and 160 people were badgered for nothing. 160 suspects???? Mein Gott in Himmel, what a waste! Think of how many diversity sessions you could buy with that.

Heymom :curses: :rage:

17. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I have always supported the BPD. There were some mistakes made on December 26, but the BPD regrouped quickly and the case was handled professionally and thoroughly thereafter. The RST has lied repeatedly about the BPD's not having investigated anyone but the Ramseys, but the proof is in the pudding. The facts don't lie - the RST lied and continues to lie, even in the face of proof otherwise. Go figure.

The DA's office is another story, though. Pete Hoffstum and Trip DeMuth should have been arrested for obstruction of justice, right along with Alex Hunter, who leaked more information out of his office than ST ever thought of (I wonder why Cranky Candy hasn't targeted Hunter like she does ST).

As far as I am concerned, Steve Thomas was the only detective on the BPD who stood true to his convictions. Without his blowing the whistle on what was going on during the investigation, the public would never have known the corruption in this case. Of all the LE participants in the JBR case, I have more respect for him than all the rest. He did what he knew was the right thing to do, he knew he'd take a beating for doing the right thing, and he did it anyway. That is my definition of a real man. I would feel very good about welcoming Steve to our local police force, should he come this way in his travels.

Others, like Lou Smit, are at the bottom of my real man list. He latched onto Patsy Ramsey's Christian, southern bell act like a dog in heat. I'm not one bit impressed with the way he handled himself in this case.

18. heymom

heymom Member

:laughup: :rolling: :rotfl: :laffbig:

That is how Southern women manipulate vulnerable males. Didn't he ever watch "Gone With the Wind??" It still works.

Heymom

19. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

WY, I have to disagree with you. The case was a disaster for well over a year because it was being run by an idiot--Tom Koby.

TWICE Koby was given a "no confidence" vote by the Boulder Police Union largely because of his handling of the Ramsey case.

Koby was nothing more than one of Hunter's stooges who did everything the way Hunter wanted it done. When Koby finialy took an early retirement in disgrace, it was Hunter who sang Koby praises from the highest Flatiron mountain.

It wasn't until Koby was removed from his position as Police Chief that the DA's office was stopped from leading the BPD around by a nose ring.

20. wombat

wombat Member

When I lived in Atlanta, even I could get away with a Southern Belle act if I changed the NJ accent to Scarlettspeak. It was nice having doors opened for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice