"Lake" - former Justice Watch poster

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Sep 22, 2006.

1. heymom

heymom Member

:rant:
    You can't assume anything reasonable because there really is no objective right or wrong, so how can we judge anyone for anything? We can't say whose reactions are suspect if every single person has a different reality. And the general illiteracy of the population supports these philosophies...They don't understand logical fallacies and tend to accept whatever the mainstream media throws at them, and they swallow it whole. Life is relative and only the individual can judge what is right for him or her. If we hold this core belief much longer we are doomed.
    :rant:

Heymom

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Heymom-meanwhile, back on the planet earth, yeah most people want to keep the other kid close when the first kid is raped and murdered by somebody who could still be in the house.

Check your reasoning at the door!!!

3. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Sabrina, I just did a little research on Mark Olshaker, and I think you are right that Mark Olshaker was not elderly in 1999. In addition, from what I could find, Olshaker has lived in the Washington DC area since graduating with a BA in Arts & Letters from George Washington University in 1972. Assuming Olshaker went to college right after high school, that means he was born ca 1950, and would now be around 56-years-old. Olshaker currently lives in Washington DC with his wife, Carolyn.

Olshaker was MC on 3 May 1997 for a GWU dinner at the National Press Club. He is also a trustee for the Cosmos Club Foundation, a non-profit group that encourages the arts, sciences, literature and humanties through awards. Olshaker serves on the Board of Directors for the English-Speaking Union, an international organization. He has also directed and produced several film productions. In 1990, Olshaker wrote and directed a version of "Hamlet" that starred Kenneth Branagh.

Olshaker doesn't sound like a good candidate for "elderly and sinister" or even a "very deep Southern accent."

Furthermore, even IF "Lake" was Olshaker, that doesn't mean he had any inside information. Douglas was paid off by the Ramseys to point the finger elsewhere. He didn't need case files for THAT.

4. heymom

heymom Member

Yep, too many people have done that lately...

About the reactions of the Ramseys - Yep, exactly. When I sat down and considered all the actions from start to finish, there is NO POINT at which the Ramseys acted normally for the situation. First, if I found one of my kids missing, of course I'd wake the other one up and find out if he saw/heard/did anything. I'd search the house and yard. Then I'd read the ransom note, more than once. I'd ask my husband what we should do. I guess we'd probably find a way to call the FBI, but NOT let the kidnapper know that we had. We'd be arranging the money if the FBI told us to. Our other son would be in police custody for his own protection. We wouldn't be hiring lawyers or asking our pastor to the house, especially if the note told us not to contact anyone. In fact, my husband might be inclined to just follow the instructions and give the kidnappers the money.

If the child was then found dead, say outside the house (because if the body were found inside the house, it would mean one of us had done it), we'd be living at the police station, and calling news media every single day, to help find the killer. I'd probably get really angry at first, I mean REALLY angry, and hubby might have to be the family front man for a while. We would not request our child's body until every scrap of evidence was obtained. We would not contact CNN to complain about what the police hadn't done, or state that LE was persecuting us. We would try to use the media to keep the case active and in front of people to help get tips to solve the crime.

We would take polygraphs, have interviews, etc. and would not hire our own experts to interfere with the investigation.

This is what a family would do, IF THEY WERE INNOCENT.

Heymom

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Damn straight. That is exactly what innocent folks would do. What the Ramseys did is exactly what guilty people do. Reality bites, doesn't it, RST.

6. BobC

yup. To solve any crime, you have to be able to put yourself in the shoes of the people involved. start out thinking the Ramseys are totally innocent and go from there. They are innocent, and they find their daughter is missing, and Burke is/was in the NEXT ROOM.

What would be logical for the innocent Ramseys to do next, given the very sketchy info they had at the time?

Answer: they want more information. They want to understand what is happening. Who is most likely to provide more information? Burke. He was just a few feet away. But the Ramseys didn't wake him, nor did Burke wake up when Patsy was screaming bloody murder right outside his door (remember Burke told cops he could hear, from his room, the refrigerator door opening on the first floor) RED FLAG.

7. heymom

heymom Member

That is how we know they lied from the beginning, because right away, their responses just don't make sense. We all know that Burke should have been awake, yet both parents denied that, and kept him in his room, supposedly sleeping, when all that was going on.

That red flag? It's as big as Boulder.

Heymom

p.s. Edited to add: People are the most vehement and volatile when they are either lying or supporting someone they KNOW is lying. I believe that is why jameson and her ilk are so nasty - because in their heart of hearts, they know the Ramseys cannot be defended. They get angry because reality is different from what they WANT to believe. I know that with one of my sons, when he blows up at me, I am on the right track.

8. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Would you let your son out of your sight for ONE SECOND in those circumstances?

9. heymom

heymom Member

Only if he were in police custody. And they could ask him whatever they wanted, without a lawyer. If it turned out that said son had something to do with his brother's death, he'd need to stay in police custody for his own safety.

Heymom

10. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

Hey, I'll go you one further and say that I if I woke up to find one child missing and a note talking about beheading etc...I'd sure as heck go in and ACTUALLY DO INVENTORY ON THE OTHER KID. You know, like, is he still there and is his head still attached to his body?

And, I'm sorry. No one could ever convince me that there could be a normal mother who would not do the same. Run into the room, take the remaining child in their arms...and even ask them if they heard anything or saw anything. And then hold onto them for (their) dear life.

11. BobC

Maybe Burke needed his beauty sleep?

12. heymom

heymom Member

I would be SCREAMING AT my other child. DID YOU HEAR ANYTHING? DID YOU SEE ANYTHING? YOUR BROTHER IS GONE! ARE YOU SURE YOU DIDN'T HEAR OR SEE ANYTHING? I mean screaming, not asking. We all would be, out of plain naked fear. No fear from the Ramseys, none at all.

If the deadline for calling came and went, would I sit without a word, not a sound? NO! I'd be freaking out AGAIN!!! THINKING MY CHILD WAS BEING BEHEADED AT THAT MOMENT AND I WAS HELPLESS TO PREVENT IT!! We all would. Except the Ramseys.

When one of my sons skateboards around the block, and hasn't returned by the time he said he would, my stomach starts knotting up. I worry that someone snatched him off the street. One time, I couldn't locate said son for some time, and I was literally beginning to feel total stark panic. You just go cold inside, and one part of you is already screaming, and the other part is starting to go through the steps, "OK, where do you look first? OK, if he's not there, should I call the police? OK, where could he have gone?" "It's time to call the police!" all the time with the inner scream going on.

I sound crazy, don't I? If something like what happened to JonBenet happened to one of my boys, I really don't know if I could make it. I wouldn't be taking any vacations the next year, unless it was to the looney lockup.

Heymom

13. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

why

And why wouldn't you think it would be possible the kidnappers could still be in the house? You not only would check on the other child but one parent would stay with him and the other make a call to the FBI or lockheed security. I don't know that I would search the house in case someone was still there with a weapon.

14. heymom

heymom Member

Yes, that would be a possibility, but I would think that if the kidnappers left the note, and the child is gone, that it is probable they are gone too. That is how kidnappers operate. I would not expect a kidnapper to have stayed in the house and wrote the note there, nor would I expect the child to be somewhere in the house, dead. The SOP for a kidnapping with ransom is to break into the house, take the child away, and leave a note about how to get the child back. If the child is gone, so is the kidnapper. The ransom note didn't say anything about returning to get Burke, did it? Nothing specific about that.

I would arm myself while searching the house. No, the other child would not be left alone, no way, never. If I didn't feel that we could protect him sufficiently, I would insist that police take him into custody for protection. Unless it's Boulder, in which case I would never trust anyone there with my child.

Heymom

15. BobC

we could list ten million reasons why the focus should be on the three people in the locked home with the staged crime scene and dead child--but the real question is why does the Boulder DA seem to feel that none of those reasons is as legit as the incoherent ramblings of an internet nut like Karr?

It really makes you wonder...

16. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Honestly I'm sure I would been screaming out her name searching the house and then into the neighborhood, it's just a natural instinct to go looking regardless of a note saying she was gone. My mind would not be able to grasp that truth for a while intil I had searched and searched and not found her. I really don't even know if I would have stopped to call 911 until I had even run thru the neighborhood.

Am I different or is this a normal reaction of people?

17. heymom

heymom Member

Of course that's normal. I probably would do the same. Yelling and running or driving around the streets calling. But if I had a note, I might not look for long, b/c I would start to believe it. And then I'd start to really freak out. I might pass out or something. I can put myself in that place and start to panic in a nanosecond. My kids are the most precious things on earth to me.

Heymom

18. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Sure but you would still feel the need to search for yourself before you started to accept the unthinkable. I know I wouldn't have immediately started calling friends wasting time chatting on the phone before I actually searched. I can't get passed that, that the Rams did not bother to look for their daughter.

19. VP

VP Member

I did A LOT of research

which you can read in earlier posts on this thread. I believe Lake was more than one person, and for the naieve, the Lake on the talk show was likely NOT the Lake who posted on JW.

Do a little research jazzyboss@hotmail.com and then get back to us.... I'd like to compare notes.

20. heymom

heymom Member

Yeah, and would you call your pastor to come over??? I can't think of anyone I would invite over to a "Kidnapped!" Breakfast Party...except the FBI, and any mafia friends I happened to have.

Of course they knew where she was, and it wasn't far away.

Heymom

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice