Rod Westmoreland/Lin Wood Sue To Find Out Real Name of Internet Poster

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Amber

Amber Member

I have no problem with him doing something..it's the involvement of Wood and his motives that I have a problem with;)

Up till last week I only knew this guy as the one JR rang for money. I had no idea about all this stuff...but I do now...how ironic.

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I agree, Yummie.

In fact, all the over-the-top language about how pathetic Westmoreland is, now that he's been so ravaged by a handful of posts by on the World Wide Web of hundreds of millions, if not billions, of web pages, might simply be posturing to scare the looney into stopping his bad behavior.

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Everyone seems in agreement about the fact that no-one took undertheradar's posts seriously. I find it hard to believe that Mr Westmoreland was ridiculed and treated with contempt when undertheradar's theory was dismissed as being completely ridiculous.

Undertheradar was obviously a sandwich short of a picnic. I didn't see the threatening posts - just the ridiculous theory ones. I don't understand the claim that he was ridiculed and treated with contempt or that he cannot obtain or maintain gainful employment because of these ridiculous posts. I can understand him being alarmed at the threats and wanting to deal with that, but again, I don't undertand him raising a lawsuit when he could have reported it to LE.

This case just gets curiouser and curiouser.

4. wombat

wombat Member

I don't know where Mr. Westmoreland is in his career right now, but if he's no longer with Merrill Lynch, and is seeking a position, a simple background check by Kroll or any security firm would bring up all these posts, as well as all of the articles that mentioned his name over the years. A firm could look and see that he arranged the funding to pay a fake ransom, and pause before signing on with him.

If he has in fact been removed from consideration for certain deals or positions because of this (which is totally plausible) he could get a little cranky. Then he could have expressed said crankiness to JR, who would have brought in Leroy Lincoln Wood, who said, "how about we get you a little poor-you publicity and maybe a bit of cash?"

If someone were saying these things about me on the internet or elsewhere, affecting business, I would call a lawyer too. Just not Leroy.

5. goddess

goddess Member

But John Ramsey is the one who asked him to pay the fake ransom, thus it was John Ramsey who dragged him into the whole mess in the first place, to be a public figure in this case. So if he has had any problems regarding his public involvement of the case, why not sue the one who caused it....John Ramsey??

6. goddess

goddess Member

I read all 23 pages of the court document filed in this case, and no where does it say exactly what type of damages specifically were suffered professionally. It is basically full of legal rhetoric in regards to specific actual damage. If I recall correctly, the oldest date of any utr posts was feb 06. So only supposed damage from this year can be used, and it must be proven the so called damages were directly from some disturbed individual on the net. That may be tough.

7. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

That is my question....since WHEN is RW unemployed?! I could have swore that I heard otherwise not that long ago....

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Maybe the secretaries laugh at him in the lunch room!
    :floor:

9. koldkase

You are such a pyrate! I think I'll sue you for damages to SECRETARIES EVERYWHERE! Class action suit! Secretaries would not laugh at a poor, broken man, who is now destitute and living in exile, alone and shunned, all because of a few posts written by an irresponsible and malicious internet poster SO POWERFUL that he was able to bring all this calumny on Mr. Westmoreland to cap off a banker's life well-lived.

Secretaries would NOT find this funny! Consider yourself sued, Moabd! :argue:

I think I'll start an INDIGENT FUND for poor Mr. Westmoreland, as well, with the $2 I'll win in my lawsuit against Moab. Otherwise, the poor man may have to fire his maids!

10. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I think the janitors are laughing in the broom closet too!

11. koldkase

Ooops. Please correct my faux pas to "Mr. Westmoreland" in the first paragraph, you pyrate, before you get ME sued!

And that's $4 for Mr. Westmoreland, in suit #2 for the janitors...who also would NOT make fun of a sad, shell of a man whose name is so close to a prior child sex murderer's, whose case we watched for a year, that some idiot like me will get it mixed up and get HERSELF sued! :yuck:

12. Jayelles

I'm going to have to sue you all for causing me to ruin my monitor with spat out coffee.

13. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

The receptionist was just found rolling on the floor hysterically under her desk. Wonder what or whom she was laughing at?

14. Jayelles

I was peeling potatoes this evening and I came across one that was the spitting image of Lin Wood. Maybe the secretary had a similar experience?

15. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Lin Wood is Mr. Potato Head? Who knew?

16. Jayelles

I mashed that potato and served it with some fava beans and a nice chianti....

17. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Always the hostess, eh Jay?

18. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I'm thinking topix would remove any threads about Westmoreland if he were to ask.

19. Jayelles

You mean without resorting to a lawsuit? I think any forum would remove the posts if he had asked. UDR was clearly not dealing with the full deck.

It's odd, you know. We all get upset about various people getting accused of the crime - the McReynolds, Fleet White, the BDi theories.... but I reckon no-one flinched at this particular theory BECAUSE it was so ridiculous. If you look back at the responses to his posts on Topix (which quote his posts) .... you can see UDR getting more and more worked up at the fact that no-one is giving his theory airspace. Latterly, people responded more to his temper tantrums than they did to his theory in the first place, but his theory got no more credence than the "aliens did it" theory. People knew it was absurd - that Mr Westmoreland was thousands(?) of miles away at the time and was as unlikely a perp as ever there was one. I just cannot understand his claims to have been ridiculed and treated with contempt. Who did that and was it really because of the theory...or because of his reaction to the theory?

BTW - Are we allowed to theorise like this? I'm guessing so since the complaint seems to be a public document.

20. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

A few cards short of a flush you say???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice