O'Reilly Factor handwriting expert

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by SoCalGal, Dec 21, 2006.

1. SoCalGal

SoCalGal Member

I didn't see anyone else post about this. Did anyone else see his show?

O'Reilly had a FBI-trained handwriting expert on tonight and he asked her about OJ, Scott Peterson and Patsy Ramsey's handwriting. She pointed out how their O's and A's show deception. She compared the word "sense" from both the ransom note and Patsy's writing looked alike. I think she said something like 80% likely they both wrote the same way. I don't know how to find a transcript from O'Reilly's show.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  2. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Didn't she say that there was a 2% chance that Patsy did not write the ranson note?! We have got to get this book! Sex, Lies and Handwriting is close to, if not, the title.

3. RiverRat

http://www.michelledresbold.com/book.html

Q: Who wrote the JonBenet Ramsey ransom note?
    A: You'll find the answer to that question - and many more - in my book, Sex, Lies and Handwriting, arriving in bookstores on December 12th.

4. Carol

Carol Member

Thanks, SoCalGal. I taped it last night and watched it early this morning. Yes, the expert said that there was only a 2% chance that Patsy did NOT write the ransom note, to which O'Reilly replied something along the lines of, "Then that means she had something to do with her daughter's murder."

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Wow. I missed this totally! I want this book!

Thanks, SoCal, for the alert.

6. sue

sue Member

Cool.
    Maybe O'Reilly is starting to get it.

7. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I've got to get one too.

Imagine that someone who isn't following the scripted Ramsey spin team's every word.

Someone who is THINKING for themselves and not spoon fed hype by one of the uncleared suspects.

8. goddess

goddess Member

Bill O. R. gets the gold star for today, folks!!

9. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

wel li must confess I have no idea who O'Reilly is.. nor for this point does it matter..

isnt it amazing how so often people are sowell...'controlled' in their thoughts by some accountable or indeed unaccountable parameters, that it takes essentially an epithany to release the person from the grips of misunderstanding !!.

I shall say it is the realisation that there is stuff all chance that patsy 'didnt' have something to do with the note that will make this O'Reilly chap wave away the remaining clouds...and see it all for what it is.

This dam is cracking all over :)

10. tylin

tylin Banned

SOCalGal,
    Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup: I definately have to get the book.

11. SoCalGal

SoCalGal Member

RiverRat,

Yes, but my short term memory isn't as good as it used to be and I didn't want to feel like I was exaggerating LOL. I didn't remember the woman's name so didn't know what her book was either. I hope those who read it will post some more info about this case if she has anything else to say about it.

You're welcome Carol, Koldkase and Tylin.

I was so excited I came here first thing after seeing the show and was sure someone here had seen it as well, but was surprised there was no post about it.
    I don't watch all his shows, but know others have posted about other topics he covered - such as his rant about Lacy, and have been glad to read those posts.

12. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I was wondering if anyone else caught that!

HOORAY!

13. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you RiverRat. This sounds interesting, although it's quite frightening sometimes when we find out about ourselves. If I come across something negative which makes me feel bad, I usually say to myself, "What the hell do they know?" :) If it's good, I'm smiling.

I would like to add, our very own Cherokee could have written a book like this.
    She is such a very intelligent young woman, with a lovely personality, and I'm wondering why she hasn't (?).

14. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up, SoCalGal. It's gratifying to know there's a handwriting analyst out there who is getting some media air time WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!

I'm still waiting for the media, who had that idiot and self-proclaimed handwriting analyst, Bart Baggett, on their news shows, to remind people that everything Baggett said was completely, and utterly, wrong. Baggett said he was 99% sure John Mark Karr was the ransom note writer, and he said he would stake his reputation on it. Has anyone in the media asked Baggett how he could have been so dead wrong and what about his reputation now? Have they even thought about setting the record straight? Has anyone in the media even approached the subject and thought maybe it's not good to Google a handwriting "expert" and then put him on their news shows without knowing what they're doing?

Baggett is a joke, and the news media promoted him. Therefore, they need to give equal time to denouncing him for a fraud he is. He is no "expert." Baggett staked his reputation on being right about John Mark Karr. He was wrong, yet his web site is still up, and he continues to make money. Baggett even uses the LKL show he did on Karr as a promo on his web site!

The media used Baggett to hype John Mark Karr as the intruder, and Baggett used the media to hype his "Handwriting University." What a beautiful symbiotic parasitic relationship. It makes me sick.

15. Cherokee

Thanks, Rat, for posting the name of the handwriting analyst. I tried to buy the book today when I was out Christmas shopping, but they didn't have it in stock. I'll have to order it online after the holidays.

16. Cherokee

Oh Elle, you are too kind. Thank you for those words, my friend. They mean a lot. :hug:

17. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

18. SoCalGal

SoCalGal Member

You're welcome Cherokee. I watched a show that commented on how far off Baggett was (I didn't remember his name) but don't recall the show, but think it was possibly O'Reilly or Greta on her show. They didn't make a big deal of it, but at least pointed it out. LOL, I only kinda listen half-heartedly while reading forums until I hear a name I'm interested in. I really didn't want to watch LKL's show. I missed the 6 PM show, so went to the transcripts and read the script ahead of time. When the 9 PM show came on, I just kept reading while listening...didn't want to see John's face, but did want to compare how he said his words - which do give a better perspective than just reading them.

19. RiverRat

Calling ACandyRose!!! I swiped this transcript in your honor! :yay:

The O'Reilly Report, 12/21/06

OR: Back of the Book segment tonight, the U.S. Secret Service actually uses handwriting analysis in some of its cases. And that science is now an effective law enforcement tool all across the country.

Joining us now from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Michelle Dresbold, the author of the new book, "Sex, Lies, and Handwriting: A Top Expert Reveals the Secrets Hidden in Your Handwriting".

OK, Michelle, you know, some people are skeptical about this. I'm not. You know, you were trained by the Secret Service. You go and testify in courts of law, correct?

MDThat's correct.

OR: People, you know, this is a legitimate law enforcement tool.

So there are four people I want to know what you learned about them from analyzing their handwriting. We'll begin with O.J. Simpson. Go.

MD: OK. Well, if you look at O.J. Simpson's handwriting, I want to you to notice the "O". Do you see that slash in the "O"?

OR: Yes.

MD: Your "O's" and "A's" are your communication letters. The clearer those "O's" and "A's" are, the clearer someone communicates. That slash is called a forked tongue stroke. And you see that in the handwriting of liars.

OR: Really?

MD: So that's, yes. Ideally, when you talk to, look at someone's handwriting you want their "O's" and "A's" to be as clear and clean as possible. If you see anything very strange in an "O" and "A", you're dealing with someone who communicates in a deceptive way.

We don't have the handwriting of Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer, but in my book, I show that they actually opened their "O's" and "A's" at those letters at the bottom. And that means they're bottom feeders.

OR: All right. So let me get this straight. If there's anything curious, I think that's the best word, about anybody's "O"? A little in, a little out, that they're, in your opinion, not trustworthy?

Now you know everybody's going to be looking at their handwriting right now, going "I'm closing those 'o's' up."

MD: Right. Well, it's not that they're not trustworthy, but the more things in their "O" or "A's", the more they're deceptive in their communication.

OR: OK. Sounds crazy, but the Secret Service trained this woman, ladies and gentlemen. Scott Peterson. What did you learn from his handwriting?

MD: If you look at Scott Peterson's handwriting, on first glance, you can read it. It looks neat. It looks readable, but if you take the words out of context. For example, there's the word "thank you". If you look at you, you can't read it at all.

OR: Yes. I was going to say, what's that? It looks like "4 A".

MD: Right. Almost all the words in his writing, if you take it out of context, you can't read a thing about it.

So what this is showing is on first glance, just like Scott Peterson, his handwriting looks normal, readable, actually very neat, just like he did. But if you look just a little deeper, and you can't read a little thing. So it's a very deceptive handwriting, something that looks like one thing on the surface, but as you take it apart, looks completely different.

OR: All right. So he's a deceptive guy is what you're saying?

MD: Right. If you ever look at handwriting, and if you take it out of context, the words, and you can't read them, that means that person is giving you an ambiguous message. And it is another form of lying and deception.

OR: All right. Patsy Ramsey, the late Patsy Ramsey. Now, this is the ransom note that we looked at? What?

MD: Right, and Patsy, in the book what I did was I actually profiled the person who wrote the ransom note. And then what I did was I gave the reader Patsy Ramsey's handwriting, and step by step I compared it to Patsy Ramsey's writing. And what I, letting the reader do is be the jury and actually see in black and white the comparisons between Patsy Ramsey's handwriting and the handwriting on ransom note.

OR: They're almost identical.

MD: They're almost identical. And you can go through letter for letter, word for word and you'll see unusual connections. Pressure at certain parts. And if you look at the word "sense"

OR: So you're convinced that Patsy Ramsey wrote the ransom note?

MD: The chances that Patsy Ramsey did not write the ransom note are about 2 percent. So it's an extremely high, it's an extremely high...

OR: That means she had something to do with her daughter's death, if that's true.

Every human being writes in a different way. Isn't that true? Nobody writes identically?

MD: Nobody writes identically, and in fact, you never write identically the same time. Or you never write twice the same way.

OR: But you do have patterns. You have patterns in your hand. Because I have a lot of letters from presidents, and they all have the same pattern.

MD: They all have the same patterns. Everybody, that's why when you look at a handwriting that comes to you in the mail, you know it's Aunt Sally or Uncle Bob's.

OR: All right. Good luck with the book. Very fascinating.

MD: Thank you.

OR: "Sex, Lies and Handwriting". And Michelle Dresbold, thank you.

END OF SEGMENT

20. Cherokee

Thank you, Rat, for this transcript! You're the bees knees. :bowdown:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice