New Globe is Out!! Top Forensic Expert- Mom Did it!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Sabrina, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

I'm all for divining pathology about this family from clues , but I like to be careful and I like to be supported by repeating patterns. The swollen/fat finger is something to be considered no doubt, but it doesn't really fit any pattern of physical abuse so far related. I find JonBenet's drawn expression more revealing.

2. Elle

Elle Member

I wondered about that, Cookie. It's good you were there, with her, when it happened. You will be able to help her through this whenever she feels like talking about it. What a shame. One good thing came from all of this, Cookie, and this was Tom Miller winning his case. This is the good ending to this interruption in your lives, although being so close to Patsy Ramsey, you must go through some memories yourself. I hope you're all feeling safe now.

3. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, I can see why you would say Franklin looked more like Patsy. Same type of colouring. You have the better advantage of having read the book, which is retained more in your memory, than the movie. I must look for the DVD of this. I would like to see it again. I did enjoy that movie. Reminded me of my schooldays back in Scotland, but we didn't have any teachers like Miss Brodie. :) Pamela Franklin is a top notch actress.

4. heymom

heymom Member

She could be "double-jointed." My fingers bend backward at the first joint above the knuckle, and I can make my ring finger bend just that way hers is, while the other 3 fingers bend normally. I wouldn't get too hung up on this. When I was younger I didn't know others' fingers didn't bend the way mine did - didn't think it was unusual. Bruising on her upper arm, now that's more suspicious.

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

There's no point in getting "hung up" on any of this, if you want to go there. People can find a hundred "explanations" for everything in this case. We could find a picture of her with her killer smiling for the camera, garrote in hand, and that would be "a picture for Halloween, no big deal."

But the fact remains that JonBenet was an abused child: she had prior vaginal injuries present the night she was also molested, bludgeoned, and murdered. Whether the previous golf club to the face, bruises, 30 visits to the doctor in six years, etc., are part of that pattern of abuse, we'll never, ever know.

6. heymom

heymom Member

I agree. She had been molested prior to that night, and was horribly murdered in her own home. Them's the facts, like them or not.

7. Amber

Amber Member

I agree that it's speculative, and that's all we can do here. The bent finger by itself would be nothing, but add to that the fact that the ring is on her little finger and all the other bruising, accidents and doctor's appointments - then it becomes more interesting. It would be interesting to find any other images from a different time period where she also bends her finger - meaning it is something she did all the time.

btw...I can bend all my fingers forwards from the top joint with the rest of the finger straight - it has always freaked people out :ghost:

8. heymom

heymom Member

That is what my daddy always called "double-jointed." I can do that too. If you point at something, does your finger sort of curve backward from the middle joint? JonBenet's finger looks like that to me. I've never seen any other close-ups of her fingers or her hands.

9. Amber

Amber Member

It's hard to describe....the middle joints go rigid and straight and the top of the fingers from the top joint bend towards the palm....not backwards towards the back of the hand....does that make sense?

10. heymom

heymom Member

Makes sense to me, because I can do it. It's like locking the top joint of your finger. But my second joint is weird, too, because it can curve inward. Well, I'd have to take a photo, I guess. I never thought it was strange because I assumed everyone could do that. Then I tried to show someone how to do it, and realized it *was* weird after all!

But that's probably not the weirdest thing about me... :beammeup:

11. sue

sue Member

Makes sense to me too because I can do that with my fingers. Plus my elbows can bend farther back than elbows are supposed to. I can also turn my arms around so that when I put my arms straight down, instead of my thumb being at the front, my little finger is.

Again, I agree that these sort of'strange little things' that might (or might not) be visible on pictures are not the story. There is enough with the bruises people actually saw, the results in the autopsy and the many doctor visits to know that was not a normal happy family in that house.

12. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Patsy appears to be the child in this picture. JonBenet has the more subdued, sober expression. Nedra looks defensive, proprietary, she owns the others. JonBenet is dutiful. This picture seems to me to say who is in control and who is controlled. Patsy is content with being bypassed in favor of the children. Having been the object of narcissistic intrusions by her mother, she is glad to offer up her children as a deflection.

We are free to write the script of the drama in the picture. This is what I see. There is no evidence of course, but this is what comes to mind.

Attached Files:

13. rashomon

rashomon Member

What I see in the picture:

JonBenet is doing her job as a child model accustomed to be photographed very often (as opposed to her brother, whom they probably had to persuade to do this picture), Nedra is clearly a domineering type who is in control, Patsy's facial expression is unhappy and her body language is that of a stiff and lifeless puppet.

14. tylin

tylin Banned

I think I need to take a class in 'picture analysis', lol, because I see this picture quite differently than you all do. :angeldev:

IMO, the picture is artsy/fartsy, fun and a return to black and white photos. (My favorite btw.)
    I truly can't read Nedra but she kinda, sorta looks like the BIT.(Bi*ch in charge. She looks mean to me. ) lol
    JonBenet is definitely used to being in front of the camera and again displays more than an innocent child look, yet she still looks like she's enjoying the photo. Hope that makes sense.
    I see Burke as a little boy who would rather be playing with his friends but he's making the most of the moment as he throws his own little quirkiness into the mix.
    Patsy--gheeze, I have no idea what she's suppose to represent in the pic.

I will say however that I love this picture. The black and white photo, the outfits, the expressions look very fresh.

15. heymom

heymom Member

Nedra looks like she could rip you to pieces and then serve cookies. I'm surprised the camera lens didn't crack.

16. tylin

tylin Banned

:D That pretty much sums it up.

17. sue

sue Member

LOL
    I had not thought of it that way, but when you say it, she does look like that kind of grandma>

18. heymom

heymom Member

That kind of person should not ever BE a grandma...poor children. :tsktsk:

19. Ginja

Ginja Member

What I see in this picture?

I think this is the most stupid photo I've ever seen! There's no art in this! There's no "message" in this!

And what's this bit with the salute? Was JonBenet told to do this? This is a ripoff of JFK Jr.'s salute at his father's funeral, and I don't believe for a NY minute that JonBenet simply decided to do this on her own. She was told to do it, just like she was told to do everything else her life.

It's a stupid photo and if taken in any other family, would have been ripped up and thrown out!

Pictures tell a story. What the heck is this story? All I see for a 'storyline' here is that everyone wishes they were somewhere else doing something more fun.

jmho

20. Cookie

Cookie Member

Reply to Ginja

It's just your opinion, man!

It's obvious you weren't there, it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about and it's obvious you need to return to art school.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice