No Sympathy for Katie Couric

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Katie is bombing out on her CBS news gig.

After the way Couric sucked up to Lin Wood and let him play her for the fool that she is, I have zero sympathy for this woman.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17818472

2. Little

Little Member

Yeah, I'm on the same wavelength as you here Tricia. You can put my sympathy score in the zero column too.

Little

3. heymom

heymom Member

All I have to say is: :violin: playing "My Heart Bleeds for You, Katie." She didn't deserve the job and she's not qualified to hold it.

4. Twitch

Twitch Active Member

I tried to give her a chance...

But when I saw her give a sit-down interview with someone and the camera pulled back to get a shot of her crossed legs, I had had enough. Her days as a serious journalist were long over before she got the job. She's an entertainment reporter.

I love Trish.

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

My daughter calls her Katie Puke. I never paid very much attention to Katie until she interviewed the Ramseys and Lin Wood. I couldn't stand the way she sucked up to them. When it was announced that she was going to be the new anchor news person for CBS, I couldn't understand why. Katie's alleged popularity on the TODAY show didn't automatically guarantee she could take on a serious nightly news program. She certainly is no Tom Brokov and never will be.

She's got enough money for all of us combined to live on the rest of our lives, but it's probably not enough for her, so she'll have to find something to do if CBS kicks her butt to the curb. Chances are, they'll find something for her to do - maybe her own talk show or something. She could have John Ramsey and Lin Wood as guests, and CBS could hand out barf bags to the audience.

6. tylin

tylin Banned

Katie made me want to do this :sick: when she interviewed JR.
    As far as her being a news anchor goes, imo, she doesn't deserve the job and she definitely doesn't deserve the amount of money she's being paid. I find it hard to watch her report the news.

7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well...I understand what y'all are saying...but I'm going to have to argue the other side of the issue, just like I do with Larry King and Baba Wawa.

People like the Ramseys are not going to talk to reporters who grill them like cops. They just aren't. And without interviewers like Katie and Larry King and Baba, we wouldn't have the Ramseys on camera, lying, changing their stories...and a moment I CHERISH in Ramster TV viewing...PATSY SNAPPING KATIE'S HEAD OFF WHEN KATIE ASKED PATSY ABOUT THEIR SELF-SPONSORED POLYGRAPH TESTS. Without Baba, the Ramseys would NEVER have even PAID for the SUCCESSION OF POLYGRAPH EXAMINERS to get the desired results...AFTER THEY MASTERED THE TECHNIQUE FOR PASSING.... Without Larry, we wouldn't have had our very own dearest guttah goddess TRICIA on TV nailing Patsy to that CROSS Patsy carried around like JEZUZ HIMSELF, when Patsy LIED to the American public about the JonBenet Foundation. hahaha

Are you people KIDDING me? It doesn't GET any better than the Scamsters on TV! Now THAT was worth watching! :floor:

So I have to say, while it might not have been the interviewers' intentions, the end results were priceless. I'll always be thankful, because EVERY TIME the Ramseys have gone on TV, they ALWAYS give something away--about themselves, about the murder. ALWAYS.

8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

I agree with all that has been said.

KC is a fluff reporter and nothing more. CBS tried to use her for the name she brings as well as the fan base she has racked up over the years for her morning show. She could tell the most devistating story but sit there with a smile on her face. Well no thanks folks. I haven't even watched one minute of her time as an "anchor". Think about that word for a second. It sinks to the bottom and stays put. Yeah that's what she is an anchor. I've been watching all the reports about her low ratings and feeling good about it. Now shame on me you might say! Ok I'll take it. She just isn't a real news reporter. We've had the very best in years gone by and she couldn't hold one of their coats. Put her back on the fluff side of the news and she will do OK.

9. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

10. heymom

heymom Member

I loved that one and laughed and laughed! Long Live Opus!

11. koldkase

hahaha Yeah, I love that comic strip.

Honestly, to be fair...I haven't watched Couric, either, since she took the anchor chair. What I watched her for on the NBC were interviews on the morning shows. It was the subjects that I wanted to hear about, not Couric.

As for the CBS anchor position, I never watched Rather, either. I always loved Peter Jennings. I liked Tom Brokaw before his speech became too slurred to follow. But Jennings was my fav: I'm very fond of Canadians all the way round, as a matter of fact. I can even forgive them Pam Anderson, because she has a sense of humor, if not proportion. :winkaway:

I did stop on Couric on CBS a week or two ago, and there was some silly report she was setting up, can't remember what, but it was akin to "the ugliest dog contest" or something. I can get that on cable...and better. I moved on quickly.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  12. tylin

tylin Banned

You know, Katie served her purpose doing the morning news for the Today Show. She was perky, had the cute factor and was a good addition to the morning news. IMO, she did a good job conducting interviews and doing her special reports. I liked her interaction with her cohosts. But her perky, cute self for some reason isn't right for the nightly news. I honestly don't know why, but that's the way me and a host of others feel about her.

13. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

I Tried to Give Katie a Chance, too ... but ...

I kinda liked Katie in her role on TODAY as one component of a small group of friends bantering cheerily in the morning. She and the others do that schtick guite well ... even when much of it is clearly scripted out to the last word.

... and I repect the way that ALL of them had to don many hats in the course of the daily 2, then 3 hour show ... from cook's assistent, to fashion maven, to adventurer, and even to hard-ish news reader and interviewer. Taint easy stuff ... and ya don't really expect them to be excellent at ANY of their roles. We accepted their shortcomings, and even incompetence, becuz they are like US.

Frankly, NONE of them are qualified to handle hard news subjects. It's not that they're dumb ... but that's just not their strength, or their profession. Katie and Matt VERY often handled hard news interviews poorly ... with a false sense of seriousness and sternness that belied the fact that they knew almost nothing about the subject matter. The Lymp Wood interview being just one example. They frequently got the wrong "tone" ... and that, I believe, is cuz they never have a true depth of knowledge on the subject matter.

By shifting Katie to the role of News Anchor, they were throwing her into her WEAKEST role ... with no friendly banter to hide behind or distract from her lack of depth on a given subject. On top of that, she has no "feel" for the tone of a piece ... she's just a card reader, and as it turns out, not a very skilled one. She misses the tone becuz she isn't intimate with the subject.

It's got nothing to do with the fact that Couric is female. Matt Lauer would have flopped just as big ... maybe bigger. Anchor is just the wrong role for both of them.

Couric, to this day, shows her lack of confidence in her present role, and the reason is obvious ... she's in over her head. It's like DuhBya ... he's a card reader who came off just fine when he just had to deliver light banter to a lazy press. Now that he has to respond to detailed, serious questions on complicated subjects, he displays his complete incompetence on those subjects ... despite the fact that his responses are highly scripted and rehearsed. Like Bush, Katie is in WAAAaaay over hir head.

Katie and Bush and CBS need to cut their losses, and withdraw from thier unwinnable situations, and bring in fresh, genuinely competent people to pick up the pieces. The sooner they bring in someone competent ... a FIXER ... the sooner we can all move forward and restore their and OUR reputations. Till then, CBS News and Our Nation will be mired in a quagmire with no exit strategy. There are no really good choices ... just less bad choices. Staying the course is the worst choice. Well ... surging Katie to a full hour-long newscast might we a worse choice ... but no one is insane enough to do that ... are they?!

...YumYum

14. tylin

tylin Banned

Good post YumYum.

15. koldkase

OH, PUUUUUUURFECT. Just the thread!

Well, y'all aren't going to believe it, but in this jibjab satire of...THE NEWS...guess WHO gets a CAMEO? I'm not talking about Couric, either:

http://www.jibjab.com/what_we_call_the_news

16. Tril

Tril Member

haha, that was good! Thanks, kk. :D

Gonna go share it now.

17. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Kk,

Well, who is it? I went to that site and I couldn't begin to guess who you might be talking about? Care to share?

18. heymom

heymom Member

I think she means the picture of JonBenet. Right, KK?

19. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

The only Ramsey interview I ever saw that I thought even worth my time was the Larry King thing when at least Steve Thomas was there to make the Ramseys sweat a little.

Katie Couric, Tom Brokaw, or whomever reads the news for whatever network matters not. The "word" concerning what is news and what is not and how it will be presented comes down from a Corporate Board of Directors loaded with defense contractor CEOs. Any wonder that 70% of Americans believed Iraq had WMD and Iran will have nukes next week? I watch network news (ocassionally) because it is actually funnier than the Jon Stewart Daily Show.

20. koldkase

Yes, I figured the cartoon and mention of JonBenet in this context is a sad testament to where the RST and LacyTracey's recent KARR DEBACLE has landed CHILD MURDER VICTIM JonBenet: a topic for satire.

I thought that was clear, but since it obviously wasn't, sorry, didn't mean to confuse.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice