VT shooter and JB

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Amber, Apr 18, 2007.

1. heymom

heymom Member

I would not have thought of autism upon seeing those videos. Maybe he was just so introverted that the label of autism came up, or the reporter suggested the word. And we don't know what kind of parents his mother and father were. I do wonder about molestation. Not to excuse this act, of course.

Why was this kid allowed to stay in college? His profs should have kicked him out. His "plays" are nothing but pre-adolescent dirty words, like a kid who has just discovered the "f" word and has to use it every other sentence. They read as though he thinks writing down the word "sh1t" means he's writing literature. And English departments actually REVIEW this crap?? Never mind, I've seen books that aren't far from this, in print and sold in the bookstore. We've descended pretty far, haven't we?? When people are afraid to offend someone who is clearly WAY out of bounds, we will continue to have this sort of thing happen.

Cho's writing, when read in class, gave his classmates a glimpse into something they saw as disturbing. "When we read Cho's plays, it was like something out of a nightmare... The plays had really twisted, macabre violence... When the students gave reviews of his play in class, we were very careful with our words in case he decided to snap."

2. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

I think it was Mary Winkler (killed preacher husband) worked at a dry cleaners?

3. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for this update WY. Yes, I think you're right. Cho inherited his father's genes. It's unfortunate the parents didn't try to do more for their son. They were too busy looking after their own business.

Too late now to say the parents should have done this-n-that. I just hope other parents with children who show strange behaviour, pay more attention to them, and get them medical help if they need it. Maybe they can prevent another tragedy like the one in the Virginia Tech.

4. Elle

Elle Member

Which videos did you see, hm? Do you have the web site? Thank you in advance.

5. Ginja

Ginja Member

Autism?

Is idiot savant "related" to autism? I don't know, I'm just wondering. All these labels. What one needs to recognize is that the "label" is just that...something we don't understand. There's this need out there to put a label on everything. Why? Anyway, I guess my point is that Cho could very well be autistic because there are so many levels...he could have been a very mild level, then couple that with mental illness, and voila! Killer on the loose!

On a more serious note, I've always argued that the label "attention deficit disorder" (or syndrome) is another one of those "problems" that today's society had to put a label on to account for its lack of whatever (if you know what I mean). Do you have any idea how many kids are on drugs -- and I'm talking heavy duty drugs! -- In Massachusetts alone, there are more than 60,000 kids under the age of 6 on psychotropic drugs. This recently came to light after a 3 year old died of an overdose of drugs her psychiatrist had her taking for attention deficit!!! And the moral to this story? I caught the psychiatrists on tv last night talking about the fact that attention deficit is a symptom of our society....you stick a kid in front of the television or computer for hours on end where information kicks out fast and furiously without a break (except for maybe the occasional commercial to which the kid will change the channel), then of course the kids are going to get into that "mode" where they "need" to be hit with constant changing info blurbs hitting them -- they can't relax or soak up the info, they just depend (need) this constant influx. Bottom line, a new label: attention deficit. And then we pump the kids up with mind altering drugs to slow them down.

Look at Cho....he's a product of today's society. Good grief, he had this litany of abusive finger pointing...at who or what? Don't even think it would be himself because today's generation is bent on not taking responsibility. We live in the age of political correctness. Life sucks and it isn't my fault! Life made me this way. Everyone has everything...I have nothing and it's your fault. (of course, who "you" are doesn't matter...doesn't need to be defined...it's the me generation who refuse to take responsibility).

For years this kid has left a trail and no one could do a damn thing about it....because of political correctness. Don't rock the boat. Don't hurt anyone's feelings. Be nice. Time for group hugs. This is our society. Politically correct, narsissistic, avoid controversy, avoid the truth.

God bless America.

6. tylin

tylin Banned

Amber,
    That's the direction my thoughts are going also. He must have been one tormented soul that became an evil, delusional, murdering soul.

7. tylin

tylin Banned

But didn't Mary start working at the dry cleaners after she shot and killed her husband? IIRC, her job at the cleaners was part of a work release program.

8. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

That's right, it was after. Thanks Tylin!

9. heymom

heymom Member

Amen and Hallelujah! I believe that ADHD is just another label for NORMAL MALE behavior and stimulants are chemical straitjackets (ADHD diagnoses are overwhelmingly given to males). My belief is that everyone will soon be on one drug or another, so that when the final brick of government control is put into place, no one fights it. The kids who are on stimulants right now might be the ones who draw the line and say NO MORE, except we are telling them that their minds have a "deficit." GOD DOESN'T MAKE MISTAKES!

10. Elle

Elle Member

Ginja,

Your post doesn't have give one food for thought. Actually quite frightening reading it, because many of us are confused with so many labels being thrown around, without knowing half of what they are all about.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice