Anyone in the Boulder DA's office as smart as an eighth-grader??

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, May 1, 2007.

1. Little

Little Member

Anyone in the Boulder DA's office as smart as an 8th grader??

Geesh - the judge thought they had a hung jury - that's better than not trying at all!

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  2. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

This is quite revealing IMO

Just knowing that the case, even as an eighth grade exercise, focused on the parents' guilt, shows that whomever prepared these kids for the "trial", giving them case materials, etc. thought there could be a case. So on one hand, we again (at least I do) feel vindicated that we are far from alone in our beliefs of Ramsey guilt. They thought enough of the evidence to put the parents on trial.

A "hung jury" doesn't surprise me as I've always said, due to the Ramseys being all over the crime scene and being the occupants of the house would not make for evidence. My personal belief of the "absence" of evidence pointing to an intruder, was as important as all the other evidence. I've always said that in a courtroom, they wouldn't be convicted for those very reaons.

But back to your original question: NO, the DA doesn't even have the smarts of the eighth graders, and I'm sure whoever their coach was, could run rings around Lacy anyday.

Thanks for bringing us that article

3. Little

Little Member

I agree Barbara, it would be a difficult case to prove. The absence of anyone else being in the home makes the strongest case. It's interesting that these kids were ambitious enough to actually study the case. That's more that we can say for a lot of adults.

A year or so ago a couple of high schoolers from Texas contacted me and asked for a copy of my book. I was more than happy to send it to them. It was for a school project about cold cases. IMO it was encouraging that there was an interest. Maybe this next generation will be the ones to close the book on it.

Little

P.S.
    I have a few copies of the book left if anyone would like one - free of charge of course. Just PM me :)

4. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

evidence

I think with the proper prosecuter there might be enough evidence. The handwriting on the note alone would be a feast, if a jury could really look at the exemplars themselves. The note should be quite good evidence. Of course the defense would fight back but any dumby can see the truth with their own eyes if they want to. I know the fibers from PR's jacket may be explained by contact with JBR earlier that night - but the fact that they are entwined in the garrotte is telling. There should be no reason for JR's shirt fibers to be under JBR's knickers. People have been convicted on less than these pieces of evidence.

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

OH my god! Now we'll have to put up with the RST crowing about Her Dishonor Judge Carnes AND the eighth grade class finding the Ramseys not guilty!!

Why didn't they try the INTRUDER, anyhow?

6. Elle

Elle Member

I wish I had been part of the audience watching these eighth-graders performing in the state Superior Court on Monday afternoon. We have never had a reenactment of the JonBenét Ramsey case, because it would really put the Ramseys in a very bad position, wouldn't it? Right in their own home, with them supposedly sleeping upstairs. Can you just imagine someone directing this scene? What a farce it would be.

Thank you for posting this, Little.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2007
  7. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Little,

Thanks for bringing this article to the forum. And big thanks to you for sending your book to the kids. I'm elated that some one, anyone in fact outside of this forum, of course, is interested in justice for this child. I too wish I could have been an observer in that court room to watch. This is one of those heart warming stories that get to me. No, not the case but the fact that the kids prepared for this and learned something about how the legal system works (or not). And that one of the girls thinks she might want to be a lawyer. I hope she does go on and follows her new dream! We need more occasions for our youth to dream of their futures!

8. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

P.S.
    I have a few copies of the book left if anyone would like one - free of charge of course. Just PM me :)[/QUOTE]

I would love to have one, Little! I pmed you.

9. Amber

Amber Member

Strange how preparing for child murder trials has had the opposite effect on a certain DA :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

I wonder if any of the children acted out praying with the Ramsey's or giving them their previous statements or going to one of their funerals? :reporter:

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I had a similar experience in college. It was hung then, too, but went 7-5 my favor.

In my guts, I believe it would end in a plea bargain. I'm saying that flat-out.

That's what I told MM a while ago. He gave me that old swamp horsehockey about what a lousy juror I'd make, yadda-yadda, but I'm just a realist. If a jury of regular people saw those side-by-side comparisons, as anyone can in the Dresbold book, does anyone really think they'd care about probability scales or any of that other bull----?

11. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

you would have to be curious as to what evidence was brought to bear in these mock trials.

Now i dont know about any of you but I have actually sat as a juror on a murdere trial, and whilst there are slight differences in evidentiary procedure between our countries I am sure that had i been sitting there and a prosecutor had presented the ranson note with all its sundry ramifications that I would have stirred from the semi slumber that oversomes you and become quite fascinated on this.

To be honest...probably the only way any of them would get off is because of confusion. The Murderer WAS in the house, the accomplices after the fact....WERE in the house, just be a case of who's who and when !!

But..take it from me...not everyone thinks clearly on a jury !!

12. heymom

heymom Member

Kanga, I just went through this in March. It was a horrible experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone. And you are right - 12 people can see the same evidence and hear the same arguments and come to completely different conclusions. None of us is objective 100%. 2 of my fellow jurors felt compassion for the murderer and did not want to convict him! Then, after we did finally vote to convict, everyone except me wanted to give him the minimum sentence! I think people felt so rotten that they HAD to convict, that they compensated by giving the minimum sentence. Yes, the juries in Texas have to decide on sentencing also. It stinks.

I would bet that there would be Ramsey sympathizers on ANY jury that was called. I would be amazed if the result was anything but a hung jury, or an acquittal.

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

The human element...ask OJ Simpson, he'd know.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice