Parents surrender to authorities in death of baby Jason Midyette

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, May 8, 2007.

1. Amber

Amber Member

Nope. I can hear her now 'they've already suffered enough and jail time won't bring Jason back'

Perhaps she'll take a page out of the PR playbook and claim that the parent's did Jason a favour ' he'll never know cancer or suffer losing a child'

Anyone like to bet on the possible 'cruel punishment' the parents will get?

I bet Lacy gives them probation and insist they go on an anger management course and nothing else.

2. Amber

Amber Member

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5849535

Complex?

3. tylin

tylin Banned

Yep, why did Truman say the case was complex and difficult? The autopsy report speaks for itself.

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

He means it's going to be DIFFICULT for him and Lacy to figure out a COMPLEX way to LET THE PARENTS GET AWAY WITH BABY MURDER with a slap on the wrist.

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

The case seemed to stall until District Attorney Mary Lacy announced a grand jury was investigating Jason's death. Grand juries have the power to make witnesses talk in secret about what they know and can offer witnesses immunity from prosecution in exchange for information that otherwise could incriminate them.

Jason was rushed to Children's Hospital after his parents took him to the doctor Feb. 24, 2006.

When Jason arrived at Dr. Jill Siegfried's office that day, he was limp, with his eyes half open, and he was not moving. When he did move, one nurse told grand jurors, he looked like he was going to cry, but then he'd moan and fall asleep. Dr. Siegfried ordered the couple to take him to the emergency room.

When the doctor told Alex Midyette of his son's condition, he became angry and repeatedly said there were no bruises, Dr. Stephen Fries told grand jurors. However, bruises were reported by family friends and both grandmothers, the indictment reported.

Alex told friends and family members he accidentally bumped the baby's head on a chair or table.

Pathologists discovered during the baby's autopsy that his frenulum - tissue that connects the gum to the lip - was ripped. That is a typical sign of child abuse, doctors told the grand jury, from someone forcing a bottle or pacifier into a child's mouth.

Alex and Molly Midyette will be monitored by electronic ankle bracelets.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5527667,00.html

6. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

"Pathologists discovered during the baby's autopsy that his frenulum - tissue that connects the gum to the lip - was ripped. That is a typical sign of child abuse, doctors told the grand jury, from someone forcing a bottle or pacifier into a child's mouth."

I am praying that the Pre-Plea Arrest deals in Boulder that Steve told us about in his book are long gone.....and that someone is able to reach in the Daddy's mouth and rip his heart out.

7. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

My oh my - this is good news!

8. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

9. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Wow!

Unbelieveable ! Hard to believe that 2 people would be this ugly to a baby. One would think that either mom or dad would protect...but noooooo...they BOTH did it.

Wonder when they go to trial and what the defense will be?????

10. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

trial?

I'm betting there will be no trial.

11. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Maybe they will plead GUILTY. Barbara mentioned this on the topix forum - when will jameson start a forum for them?

12. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Maybe I'm stupid, but I don't get it. Why isn't the father being charged with felony MURDER instead of felony child abuse? He killed his defenseless infant child. Is there something wrong with me, or didn't they used to call that MURDER?

Yeah, I see what happened, here, just as I suspected. The father beats the baby, not once but several times, and the mother is afraid to go against her husband (why? because he might beat her, too?).

God help the man (or woman) who ever would have laid a hand on one of my kids. He wouldn't have lived through the next hour, I can promise you that. Even today when they are grown women, I'd still go after anyone who hurt them. I don't even want to hear any more of the Hedda Nussbaum defense BS. Hedda really was was beaten up by the man who killed her adopted daughter, but she was just as responsible, IMO. I suspect that's the defense that will be used, though - she was afraid of her husband. The day will never come when I would be so afraid of anyone I would let them beat my baby.

The fact that the GJ handed down indictment (and hair curtains didn't veto them) shows me the jury must have taken this one seriously, but I don't have much doubt that curtains will let them take a plea deal. As far as I'm concerned, they should both face the death penalty - he for killing the baby, her for not taking her baby and getting out.

13. Watching You

Oh, and, thank God that baby is safe in a place where he will never be abused by those monsters again. If he hadn't died, he would have known nothing but a life of hidden abuse by his father and his wimpy mother.

The message to all would-be parents - if you're not ready or able to provide for, nuture, sacrifice, protect, and love beyond reason, don't have children.

14. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

So where's the press conference?

15. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

"Jason Midyette was 10 weeks old when he was brought to Boulder Community Hospital with a fractured skull and 22 broken bones. A nurse there called it one of the worst cases she had seen in her 27 years in the profession."

Jason had multiple bruises, a torn frenulum, a fractured skull and 22 broken bones, and his *** dad, Alex, says he "accidentally bumped the baby's head on a chair or table"?

Hell isn't hot enough.

16. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

please don't Trip

17. Amber

Amber Member

And what's all this about SURRENDERING? Turning THEMSELVES in?

Didn't the GJ find them guilty?

18. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I wonder if Jameson has offered yet to defend them on forums all around the world..........for a price of course

Lovely Pigeon will do it for free of course

I find it very difficult to discuss this case as I just want to go to Boulder and smash a bunch of skulls THAT TRULY DESERVE IT

(I promise I'll remove the hair curtains first; no sense cushioning the blow)

19. tylin

tylin Banned

kk,
    Of course you are right. ;)

20. Watching You

Wait for me, Barbara, I'm coming with you.

Actually, we need to fire up the b!tchslap express bus and head for Boulder.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice