Midyette's Prepare for Defense

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, May 10, 2007.

1. Little

Little Member

The road to indictment: It can be long for sound reasons

The road to indictment: It can be long for sound reasons

2. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

There is NO excuse for Lacy's incompetence. If you read the first half of the article and then read the excuses and rationalizations for Lacy, it is totally unacceptable. How can you use the months that the Midyettes refused to talk to police as an acceptable and understandable extension of justice coming?

Just more excuses; perhaps preparing us for the plea deal coming down the road.

Lacy deserves every bit of vilification she gets

The Midyettes, like the Ramseys, dictated how the investigation proceeded instead of the other way around

I hope Caplis and Silverman tear him apart in their next article

The nerve to defend Lacy in this case! Shame on him

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

My Goodness. I never realised that it was a year and 3 months since the baby died. I thought this was a more recent case! How can ANYONE defend Mary Lacy? Why were these parents not arrested for obstruction of justice?

4. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Hmmm:-

When is there likely to be a trial?

5. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Probably not for another year. The defense will of course try to delay and delay. And will try to dig up as much dirt as possible and diclaim the peditrician and will find experts who will say the baby had brittle bone disease.

Because there was a G.J. investigation, there will be no preliminary hearing.

There are some interesting things in the indictment, conflicting statements that friends and relatives, I believe it was even one of the mothers, offered. For example, Alex said that the MD looked at the gum injury and inserted a needle and said it was fine, the peditrician denies this and said she was never even asked to examine it.

6. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

One could replace the Midyette's names with the Ramsey's names and still have an accurate article!

7. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Mary Lazy is looking out for HER future...not some dead abused infant! Mary will be retiring and doesn't want to pizz off her future MEAL TICKETS...the Midyettes!

Posner's an idiot....I rarely listen to the man 'cause he never has anything worth while to say. Posner will defend the devil himself....just to get his name in the paper.

I hope Caplis tears Posner a new one.

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Silverman was on a Fox News show last night to talk about the Midyette case. I wish I could tell you what he said, but I was dozing off and can't remember much. Sorry. Nothing new as far as what I do remember. I'm just glad they're keeping it in the news, in hopes that Lacy won't be able to bury it so she can slip out of office next year before anyone notices she let this this one go to He!! in a hand basket, too.

9. koldkase

Hang on, now heymom. Let's be fair. You just described ALEX HUNTER down to his DNA. He set this standard and trained Lacy for many years before she took over the helm. So this CORRUPTION and INCOMPETENCE isn't related to gender. It's related to BOULDER.

10. Amber

Amber Member

Is this guy on crack? :banghead:

There's been NOTHING BAD about them??????

Their 10 WEEK OLD CHILD DIED AT THEIR HANDS. :banghead: Have murder trials now turned in to a version of AMERICAN IDOL? Are they popularity contests? Do you ring up to have your favourite rich suspect convicted or not? Will someone pinch me to let me know if I am dreaming or not? :banghead:

11. koldkase

It appears, Amber, that if you only keep yourself out of jail long enough, you get ONE CHILD MURDER FREE in Boulder.

12. koldkase

Cllint Talbot and the Daily Camera taking up for the BDA's incompetency and pandering to the rich. How...repetitive.

Wonder HOW MUCH MONEY J. NOLD MIDYETTE PAYS THAT NEWSRAG FOR ADVERTISEMENTS, ETC.?

This is exactly what the Camera did with the Ramseys. Obviously, the DC doesn't want to offend any of its RICH CUSTOMERS.

Somebody should point out to Mr. SUCK UP Talbot that a newborn doesn't ABUSE ITSELF. And parents who are innocent don't HIDE FROM LE and REFUSE TO TALK ABOUT HOW THEIR BABY ENDED UP IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM WITH ITS HEAD BASHED IN.

I think we know BY NOW that parents who refuse to talk to LE about their ABUSED AND DEAD CHILD while HIDING BEHIND SEPARATE LAWYERS are UP TO THEIR NECKS IN GUILT!

And if the DA in Boulder is TOO STUPID to see THE OBVIOUS in this, needing an army of BACK-UP OPINIONS and THE PRESS HOUNDING HER to even make an ARREST, then she's in the wrong field!

As are all the ALLEGED OBJECTIVE REPORTERS AND EDITORS of the DAILY SCAMERA!

13. Amber

Amber Member

The Daily Camera is a NEWSPAPER? ::shocked2 I thought it was the Midyette/Lacy Family Newsletter.

14. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

lololol....so true!

15. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Rmn 05/14/07

May 14, 2007

BOULDER - The solidarity of Alex and Molly Midyette - charged with child abuse resulting in the death of their 10- week-old son - could prove to be prosecutors' biggest challenge, according to legal experts.

Beginning Feb. 24, 2006, when they took their only child to the hospital, the parents have refused to talk to authorities. They retained separate lawyers after the death of their infant, Jason, and have continued to exercise their constitutional right to remain silent ever since.

It took five months for the Boulder County coroner to determine Jason's death was a homicide after ruling out a medical malady. It took a grand jury another six months to return an indictment last week.

The Midyettes, who have moved from their former Louisville home to Erie, continue to back each other and are supported by their families, as evidenced by their court appearance last week.

Surrounded by family members in Boulder County District Court, the Midyettes held hands during the hearing, and at one point Alex kissed Molly on the forehead. According to one of their attorneys, the couple are eager to fight the charges against them.

Former Adams County District Attorney Bob Grant said determining the facts in such a case can prove difficult for prosecutors.

"It's not unusual where there is little evidence other than that which comes from both parents in a child-abuse case," Grant said.

And if they aren't talking, he said, it can be a nightmare to try to determine exactly what happened and who may be more culpable. A prosecutor in such a case ideally would like to identify the parent with the lesser role and have that person testify in exchange for a deal, Grant said.

"But it's a Catch-22 because where you don't have specific evidence of what happened, you don't want to be guessing who is the least culpable parent and giving immunity to the devil," he said.

Spousal privilege, which allows husbands and wives immunity from testifying against their mates, is on Colorado's law books - but not for the most serious of felonies such as the charges facing the Midyettes.

Over the past decade, lawmakers have narrowed the purposes for which privilege can be used.

"Privilege is an obstacle to the truth, so it has to be highly justified," Grant said.

The defense also has an enormous obstacle, said Denver defense attorney David Lane - the indictment charges.

"The charges themselves are so inflammatory," Lane said. "It's difficult for people to remember both are presumed innocent and they need to be treated as presumed innocent."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5535462,00.html

16. heymom

heymom Member

Still, the woman said she's seen the couple throw late-night parties, pull up in limousines and pop champagne in the driveway.

"It just seemed really excessive," she said. "But people grieve in different ways."

Oh, this is really a great quote. "But people GRIEVE in different ways???" By throwing parties, renting limos and popping champagne bottle corks in their driveway?? Maybe it's how rich KILLERS OF THEIR BABY grieve. Which means, not at all.

:hopmad: :rage:

17. heymom

heymom Member

"It's not unusual where there is little evidence other than that which comes from both parents in a child-abuse case," Grant said.

I think there is a LOT of other evidence, like all those broken bones and other injuries to Jason's tiny, malnourished body, and the FACT that no one else was in contact with him during his short, pain-filled life.

"The charges themselves are so inflammatory,"

Now, here we agree. THE CHARGES ARE INFLAMMATORY BECAUSE THEY AREN'T SEVERE ENOUGH!!!

Bastids all of them.

:curse:

18. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Maybe they just want to show that they are just as good as the Ramseys playing golf and traveling to Spain while they were grieving

I used to think Boulder was another country, but now believe that Boulder is another planet

19. heymom

heymom Member

You insult the rest of the universe. Boulder is in the 9th circle of Hell.

20. Amber

Amber Member

Yes but it wants to be the 1st circle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice