Whackadoodles Evening 2

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMES

AMES Member

Patsy? I don't think that hell has computers, so it would be hard to chat with her. But, wouldn't it be cool to get Burke...?? Yeah, I know, I know.....hell would freeze over first. Hey, it couldn't hurt to ask, right?? Maybe he could shed a "little" light on this case for us.

Okay, I will try to be a little bit more realistic...what about Doc Miller? Or Haney....Patsy's interviewer.

2. sboyd

sboyd Member

Absolutely Not!!!

3. sboyd

sboyd Member

I did not read it Ames, but it sounds great. Happy New Year to you and your family.

4. AMES

AMES Member

Thanks Solace...Happy New Year to you and yours too!!

5. rashomon

rashomon Member

Tom ('Doc') Miller.

6. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

Fleet White
    Susan Stine

7. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Do you want Susan Stine as herself or Mark Beckner (tic)?
    :floor:

8. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

Alan Prendergast
    Tricia

9. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Elizabeth Vargas.

10. Elle

Elle Member

This was what I meant - when a lot of people were talking all at the same time. I'll have fun hearing you all posting about it, if I don't join.

11. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

It would appear that E2 has her apologists. Despite her repeated breaking of several TOS rules at CL, there are those who think she was "baited". I wonder - are these the same types who think that victims of sexual and violent crimes "asked for it"? OK not on the same scale, but the same principle - i.e. that a person can be excused from culpability of bad behaviour because someone else "made them to do it".

I think it is me who is being accused of "baiting" but I actually think I was pretty gentle with E2. When she asked about the deleted thread, I responded - with facts. It seemed like a straightforward question and I gave a straightforward answer - little suspecting that she would make such a meal of it. Then when she went on the attack over my answer - accusing me of making things up or imagining them, I remained polite and weventually tried to explain the user profile to her because she clearly didn't understand it. However, she because extremely rude and aggressive and with hindsight, I can see now that she was spoiling for a fight. She basically accused the Mods of underhand activity and those who witnessed it were in agreement that her behaviour was bizarre and aggressive. However it's interesting that some excuse this and seek to point the finger of blame elsewhere. More interesting that these people are RST.... :)

To be frank, I don't even think E2 got banned for posting the pms. Her account was still active a couple of days after the thread got deleted by Freshwater. I think she maybe incurred an infraction for that. I think she got banned for her posts ranting about Eagle1's ban and perhaps also for reposting threads and posts which had been deleted/locked by the Mods. She also attacked the Mods so I don't think that helped her case either. AND she made a snide remark about another poster's religious beliefs (I'd forgotten about that). I think that is definitely a no-no. Maybe E2's apologists would think that the poster "baited" E2 by having religious beliefs...

Nobody "made" E2 do these things. We are all responsible for our own behaviour at the end of the day. I can understand her being upset about the pm apologising for winding her up on account of her mental illness but she could have simply let the Mods deal with that. E2 was seeing things which simply weren't there - reading things into posts which weren't there. When one poster put a rose in a post to her she got attacked because bizarrely, E2 interpreted that as sympathising with the person whom she was ranting about when it was actually a gesture of concern for her!! She was lashing out at everyone - even those who were being nice to her.

E2's apologist seems willing to accept E2's fantasy about freshwater's account having been hijacked in the final days/weeks of 2007 yet a few days after E2 got banned, Freshwater made a farewell post at CL. Do they suppose this was also made by the "hijacker"? It's incredible that none of them thought to simply ask Freshwater herself whether she was using her own account or whether some other Mod had hijacked it for some inexplicable reason - simply to deal with E2 :)

12. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

"Seeing things" that aren't there is exactly what fuels E2's McReynolds Did It theory.

Of course, the IDIs and RST came to E2's defense because she's one of them. It doesn't matter if she's delusional and paranoid and causing mayhem on a forum; by gum, she's a die-hard "the Ramseys are innocent" poster, so her actions are excused. I guarantee that if you (as a fence-sitter) or an RDI had posted what E2 did with the same vitriol, the IDIs/RST would have blamed YOU (or the RDI) and applauded your removal from the forum.

This touches on the larger problem in society today where no one is held accountable for their actions, and it's always someone else's fault. We are becoming an infantile society that wants what it wants immediately with no responsibility or accountability. Civilization cannot last when society is no longer cohesive. When the individual is placed above the law and accountability, the fabric of society is torn to shreds as it literally becomes "every man for himself."

Forums are society in microcosm, and we see the same dynamics at work.

13. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I haven't had time to read what led up to Jayelle's and your posts, Cherokee, but I am in total agreement with your assessment on the lack of accountability for one's actions today. In fact, I could have written your post, and I would have said it the same way, maybe not as eloquently as you, though. I was raised by parents who taught us there are consequences for every choice we make in life, and although we have the freedom to make our own choices, we do not have the freedom to choose the consequences of those choices. I taught my girls the same thing - whatever choices you make, you own the consequences for those choices.

In theory, that's correct; however, in reality, it's usually someone else who ends up owning the consequences for other people's choices. The person who chooses to get behind the wheel and drive while intoxicated may own some of the consequences of doing so when he kills someone, but the bigger consequences of that person's choices fall on the victims and their families. Every choice one makes almost always has consequences for someone else - good reason to try to make the best choices we can.

Sadly, in today's society, consideration for others rights or feelings seems to be a dying art - it's me, me, me, me - and it's always someone else's fault. For someone like me who grew up on the Golden Rule, it's really discouraging to see the inconsideration for others that I see. It's like - stop this planet, I no longer belong here.

I guess that on the internet forums where anonymous hats are used, more so than any other form of interpersonal communications, the personality defects and true psychosis of the poster comes out in all its glory, and the result is what we see with E2 and AmerEagle at Purgatory. We've seen this so many times (and let us not forget Cranky - the one who destroyed CS). There really isn't anything we can do about these people to stop their craziness, so we get pist off and argue with them - exactly what fuels their fire, BTW. How does one constructively argue with someone whose entire brain is one big (or small) distortion? It's a losing proposition - like arguing with a tomato, actually.

These types of people live to agitate and distort, because their brains are in constant agitation and distortion. It's better to back away and let them have at it, because eventually, everyone else catches on to the fact that these people are not playing with a full deck.

Then again, there are people like mary mame maddie suma, who really aren't all that crazy but just plain evil. Now, there's the place to do the smackdowns...

14. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Crimelibrary is closing. It was supposed to be closing it's doors for the last time on 31st December and the Mod there, Freshwater, set up her own forum - working to the deadline of opening THAT on 1st january. As it happens, Crimelibrary got an extension and is still open for the time being. Anyway, E2 was one of the first people to register at the new forum (despite her ban still being in force at Crimelibrary). I've read the new forum, so far it's pretty much the same posters who were at CL with the addition of someone called Deb (whom I think may post at Topix). However, the new forum does at present seem to be unmoderated and I'm not sure if Freshwater is aware that many of the posts which have been made there so far are very snide and anti-RDI - it is certainly NOT presenting an environment which would encourage serious posters from either side of the fence to join for the purpose of intelligent discussion. Solace and someone called Nelly are being run down big time (several of them seem to have a fair obsession with Solace!) and these same posters are banding together to try and persuade Shill to join the new forum. Shill is s man who seems unable to write a single post without making an ad hominem attack on the RDI. He's been banned several times (but I guess he was just baited too). He almost certainly posted as "Toaster" at WS - an RDI whom (I kid you not) was so venomous in his attacks on the Ramseys that even a few hard core RDI posters were shocked. Shill denies he made these vile anti-Ramsey posts and his supporters support him in his denials. The question is - are his supporters are "in on" his duplicity or whether they are simply gullible souls who believe his lies. OTOH, perhaps they don't care one way or another? I have long suspected that Shill's attraction lies in his willingness to attack the RDI in practically every drunken post he makes. I'm sure the Ramseys must be very proud....

15. AMES

AMES Member

I am glad that I left CL, or they would be ripping me to shreds too. Why would Shill be IDI on one board, and RDI on another. What is his deal?

16. heymom

heymom Member

It's called trolling. Either that. or he's a small foreign faction too.

17. sboyd

sboyd Member

Hi folks,

I am happy to hear that I have stirred them up enough at Topix that they are joining forces at Sicamore. Drivin them crazy I am with all those pesky facts. Deb is someone who is pro Ramsey who posts at Topix. She is failing miserably with her argument and desperately needs some backing so 320 Sicamore her she come. Ashley will probably join as well as Jack.

What I like about Topix is you are able to say what you want within reason, curse words are frowned upon. But it is a good board and KK is just excellent every time and Nelly is hilarious and smart as a whip and love reading her posts. Dee Dee is also good as is Legal Eagle. There are some truly excellent posters there. NP comes once in a while and she is always great.

Ames, as far as anyone ripping you to shreds, I would be right there undoing the ripping and right back at them. These are not very bright people and a good portion, unfortunately, are too shocked by the crime to believe that parents are involved. Oh well.

18. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

You are so right about the posters on topix! :pop:

RiverRat and Barbara make excellent posts as well, and the others from here who post there.

19. AMES

AMES Member

I have heard of trolls before, but I just didn't know that there were people out there that would be RDI on one board, and IDI on another. To me, that says that they don't really have an opinion either way, that they are just bored with nothing else better to do, but to stir up trouble. That is what a troll is, isn't it?? I have never encountered one before...except for shill, that I know of. But regardless...that is just plain stupid.

20. AMES

AMES Member

Hey Solace,
    Do you remember when shill said to me..."Just because YOU would murder your child and cover it up, doesn't mean the Ramsey's would". And I was like, "HUH??" Thanks for having my back, Sol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice