Georgia resident, John Ramsey, plans to run (again) for election in Michigan!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Little

Little Member

read entire story here - source: http://www.gaylordheraldtimes.com/articles/2008/04/09/news/local_news/doc47fbc8165b23f292077667.txt

2. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Truthfully, I hope John Ramsey runs. I can only hope that in Michigan, there are people smarter than those in Boulder who will delve deep and ask the hard questions, make the right inquiries and demand some answers from Mr. Ramsey.

It's all up to you now John!

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

He only lost by something like 400 votes last time Barbara.

4. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

He already is, having turned 21 in January.

For some unclear reason, he also decided to leave Purdue University for his senior year and attend Georgia State University. According to the university directory, he seems to have abandoned his Purdue major in computer science, and at GSU has decided to attend the Robinson College of Business for his MBA.

OH!

I GET IT!

Now I know why John changed his resident status from Michigan to Georgia in January of 2007! According to GSU rules, "To be awarded the in-state tuition rate, you must demonstrate that you, your parent, your spouse or your court-appointed guardian (if you are a minor) is a legal resident of Georgia for tuition purposes."

Well, now, the potential voters of Michigan are going to have a jolly old time when they find out those two dots have a great big black line connecting them, won't they.

Hey, Michiganders?

:flipper:

5. heymom

heymom Member

Many colleges have a 1-year or even a 2-year residency requirement before you are granted in-state tuition, so if John got away with that, it's a pity for others who have to play by the rules. Maybe GA doesn't have that rule but many colleges I've checked into do have a time of residency, so people don't move to the state 2 mos. before starting their classes and get in-state tuition.

6. koldkase

Edited to clear up the question of residency: If Burke is still a "dependent" on John's income taxes, then John needs to establish his residency in Georgia, as Burke's parent. So you may be right, Why Nut: John may have changed his driver's license to Georgia to do that for cheaper college rates. The difference is THOUSANDS of dollars in tuition:

Ahhhh...the point emerges. Georgia State University's "requirements for residency" even PROVE your point, Why Nut:

http://www.gsu.edu/es/residency_requirements.html

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  7. koldkase

Hang on. Have we now caught John in TWO LIES?

He told the press he had his driver's license changed FOR PATSY'S CANCER TREATMENTS. But why would he have to do that? That's absurd. You can drive in Georgia on another state's license.

And then John says he can't VOTE in Georgia because his HOUSE is in Michigan. I never heard you must OWN a house in Georgia before you can vote here! He says he resides at a "friend's" condo, IMPLYING HE DOESN'T ACTUALLY LIVE HERE, so if he doesn't have a LEGAL residence here, then he can't vote here. BUT THEN HE CAN'T GET IN-STATE TUITION RATES!

And yet again, WE SEE THE SLIPPERY RAMSEY TRUTH BEING TWISTED UNTIL IT DEFIES LOGIC!! Unless you consider JOHN RAMSEY IS LYING AGAIN, when it serves his current AGENDA--which as we know him, is LOGICAL.

JR is a pathological liar, IMO.

http://www.petoskeynews.com/articles/2008/04/05/news/doc47f628591d48d156366142.txt

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2008
  8. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Anyone who drives generally knows you have a set time frame to submit a change of address not only for your driver's licence but for your vehicle registration as well and it generally is not very long but varies State to State. In Texas it is 30 days - in California it is only 10 days. As a driver it is your responsibility to know the law and follow it. As a politician I should think John would not want to do anything that could call attention to himself - again. Hence, if John had a family vehicle in Georgia and continued drive it in that state though he was only "staying with a friend," he would have to register it after a certain point in time or risk getting ticketed. He may well have changed his DL over to simplify the vehicle/DL information or to get better college rates for Burke - we will never know for sure. At any rate he hosed himself because he can't run for public office in Michigan and has been exposed publicly as a non-resident in Georgia. Hey! Does that make him a homeless bagman beer can collector?

:hood:

9. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Edited to add: Get Out Of My Mind, Koldkase! :)

"To be awarded the in-state tuition rate, you must demonstrate that you, your parent, your spouse or your court-appointed guardian (if you are a minor) is a legal resident of Georgia for tuition purposes."

I poked around and found this on the Georgia State University site (bolding mine):

http://www.gsu.edu/es/residency_requirements.html

Who has the best claim to residency for tuition purposes? You, your parent, your spouse, or your court-appointed guardian (if you are a minor) should meet all the following criteria:

The person has always resided in Georgia or can demonstrate that they currently reside in Georgia and residency in any other state or country has been abandoned. Maintenance of ties with another state or country will contribute to a non-resident decision and include but are not limited to such things as: financial support from a person who is a resident of another state or country, payment of income taxes to another state, registering a vehicle or securing a driver’s license in that state or country.

The person has lived in Georgia for the 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the start date for the term and their 12-month durational requirement has not included time attending any educational institution in Georgia.

The person can demonstrate that they moved to Georgia for purposes other than attending any educational institution in the State of Georgia.

The person can demonstrate economic self-sufficiency and has contributed to the state by paying meaningful taxes.

The person is a U.S. citizen, Resident Alien or is in a visa status permitting indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.

The picture seems to become a bit clearer under those circumstances. With John saying that he lived in a "borrowed condo" since before Patsy died, he might be able to prove through utility bills and other expenses that he had lived continuously in Georgia for 12 consecutive months prior to Burke's arrival at GSU for his senior year. Ah, but he had kept his Michigan driver's license, and when it must have become clear during Burke's junior year at Purdue that Burke was becoming restless and wanted to move down to Georgia (perhaps to be nearer to his girlfriend Alix who lives there), John could have seen an advantage in being able to get in-state tuition at whatever college Burke landed at by changing his driver's license to a Georgia one, through good-faith demonstration of both continuous residence and abandoning his ties to Michigan on anything other than a vacation/second-home basis (which would then, in a supreme act of karmic justice, come back to bite him in his potential bid to run for Michigan office). :) :) :)

10. heymom

heymom Member

The university should immediately bill him for out of state tution rates. If he doesn't have a house in GA, but has one in MI, then he should pay the higher out of state rates. Immediately. Some interested party might want to send that quote of his to the university tuition billing office pretty soon....

11. heymom

heymom Member

Ramsey admitted switching out his Michigan driver’s license for a Georgia one because his wife’s extended cancer treatment often took them back to Atlanta, where they lived prior to moving to Charlevoix permanently in 2003. Patsy Ramsey lost her fight against ovarian cancer in 2006. “I had a borrowed condo down there, but I can’t vote in Georgia,†said Ramsey. “The only house I own is in Charlevoix.â€

You see, if he's unable to vote in Georgia, then he isn't a resident, is he? And if he still owns a house in Michigan, then he is more of a resident there than he is in Georgia, correct? A borrowed condo probably doesn't meet the requirements for residency, or the universities are getting ripped off because anyone can claim they are "borrowing" a condo in order to get a tuition break.

I don't know, I just would be surprised if the university that this was A-OK.

12. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I hear of people doing that, too. He was borrowing his friend's condo, and you can bet he was using that address for himself and BR also, so they'd be considered Georgia residents. Although there are always residency requirements in any state, since the condo was his friend's, all he had to do was post date a few "rent" checks, and he'd be able to show he was a resident for as long as he needed. I am sure the friend went along.
    I my town, people pretend to live here for the schools. Sometimes they have a "sting" where they post someone in the school parking lot to spot out-of-state license plates.

13. AMES

AMES Member

They do that here to, where I live. When I enrolled my kids in school after we moved back to SC, from MT..I had to have proof...some sort of bill in mine or my husband's name...a phone bill, a light bill...with our address on it...to prove that we actually lived where we say we lived.

14. koldkase

Hey, doesn't SUSAN STINE work at Georgia State University?

hehehe

Oh, I get it. :yes:

I cannot help but wonder if Ramsey's political opponents won't make hay with John's obvious duplicity. I'm not sure they have the guts, though. John now has not only the MURDERED DEAD CHILD card to play--and the fact that he's STILL a suspect in THAT seems not to matter in Michigan, but he's now got the WIDOWER OF PATSY RAMSEY/CANCER PATIENT card, as well--again, HER SUSPECT STATUS in the murder of her child seemingly unimportant to the Michigan voters.

Oh well. I guess they only are looking for a politician, and as dirty as they can find, politicians being what they are.

15. koldkase

Oh, sorry. That happens sometimes.... :blush:

16. Colorado Babe

Colorado Babe Active Member

Reunion

I think we need to rethink the Georgia reunion and change our location to Michigan.....

17. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I agree with CB.

18. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Michigan works for me.........but Atlanta is still calling my name.

19. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I think Michigan, too.

20. Colorado Babe

Colorado Babe Active Member

I'm Ready

Come on RR - Let's get this going....Let's get a confirmation and start the planning now.....MAMA BEE needs a vacation and so do her baby bees!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice