Georgia resident, John Ramsey, plans to run (again) for election in Michigan!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Apr 3, 2008.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Vacation is your middle name!

Maybe one of our Mods can start a Poll on who wants what and where?! Of course, I mean one of our Mods that actually know what they are doing as I am still driving this thing with a Learners Permit!

2. Colorado Babe

Colorado Babe Active Member

Rr

If the MODS could put in some dates etc, of good times to do it that would be good too. I won't be around Labor Day weekend, so that is not an option. (I'll be at my dad's 80th Birthday).

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Perhaps you could suggest some dates and times and then I could put up a poll!

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Perhaps y'all could be...ehmmm...DISCREET...about it...? :rolleyes:

5. RiverRat

You are right.....I will whisper from now on.

:2mchinfo:

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Upon receiveing dates, I will put the poll up...as for the details of the get-together, I think they should be done through emails.

7. Colorado Babe

Colorado Babe Active Member

Should we do this in the fall when it is closer to the elections? I am going to be taking a cruise to Bermuda in October (not sure which week yet but will have that firmed up soon)...I will be out of town during Labor Day weekend attending Dad's 80th Birthday and I'll be at my best friends sons wedding in Pheonix Sept 18, 19th, 20th. These dates are not an option as I really, really want to attend this reunion...It will be a reunion we all won't want to miss. Here are my recommendations:

Last weekend in September
    A weekend in October that won't conflict with my Bermuda Trip
    First weekend in November

8. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Uh...you might want to consider options that allow those that don't have snow clothes to attend. Just sayin' :cold:

9. RiverRat

Ohhhelllllllllno!

Count me out if there is a reason for Snow Clothes!!!

:sunny:

10. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

IMHO, October and November in Michigan is OUT for obvious reasons - like cold, snow, ice! We're talking about the Charlevoix area in NORTHERN Michigan! Besides, we need to make an impact much earlier in the election process, BEFORE John has the chance to get way ahead of any competitors.

It's too bad we don't know John's campaign schedule yet, because that's where we need to match up dates. If we're there when he has no campaign rally scheduled, I guess all we can do is stand in front of his house with our umbrellas and have a press conference. Or a Long Island Tea party. ;)

11. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Looks like Uncle Johnny still has amonth to get that driver's license and file:

2008 FILING REQUIREMENTS
    FOR
    STATE REPRESENTATIVE
    (Districts 24,25,28,30,31,33,36 & 42)

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td class="style11" width="57%">FILE WITH THE MACOMB COUNTY CLERK:</td> <td class="style9" width="43%">
    Election Department
    40 North Main St.
    Mount Clemens MI 48043
    (586) 469-5209​
    </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="style11"> </td> <td class="style9"> </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="style11">
    DISTRICT 32 MUST FILE WITH DEPT.
    OF STATE’S BUREAU OF ELECTIONS
    IN LANSING, MICHIGAN:​
    </td> <td class="style9">
    Michigan Dept. of State
    Bureau of Elections
    208 N. Capitol Ave/Mutual Bldg.
    Lansing, MI 48918
    Mail: P.O. Box 20126
    Lansing, MI 48901-0726
    (517) 373-2540​
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> ​
    [​IMG]

PETITION FILING INFORMATION

• Republican and Democratic Party Candidates:

Republican and Democratic Party candidates must file nominating petitions
    no later than 4:00 p.m. on May 13, 2008 or a $100 filing fee in lieu of
    nominating petitions.

Republican and Democratic Party candidates who submit a valid filing for
    office will be placed on Michigan’s August 5, 2008 Primary Election ballot.

• Candidates Without Political Party Affiliation:

Candidates without political party affiliation must file qualifying petitions
    no later than 4:00 p.m. on July 17, 2008. Candidates without political
    party affiliation may not file a $100 filing fee in lieu of qualifying petitions.

Candidates without political party affiliation who submit a valid filing for
    office will be placed on Michigan’s November 4, 2008 General Election ballot.

AFFIDAVIT OF IDENTITY REQUIRED OF ALL CANDIDATES

All candidates must submit an Affidavit of Identity CLICK HERE when filing for office. Under Public Act 394 of 1984, a candidate who fails to file an Affidavit of Identity as required cannot be placed on the ballot. PA 217 of 1999 requires any candidate filing an Affidavit of Identity to state on the form that at the date the affidavit was executed, “all statements, reports, late filing fees, and fines required of the candidate or any candidate committee organized to support the candidate’s election under the Michigan Campaign Finance Act have been filed or paidâ€.

CAMPAIGN FINANCE

All candidates are required to comply with the Campaign Finance Act filing requirements. Information is available in our office Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

WITHDRAWAL DEADLINE

Republican/Democratic candidates: May 16, 2008 by 4:00 p.m.
    Candidates without party affiliation: July 21, 2008 by 4:00 p.m

STATE REPRESENTATIVE QUALIFICATIONS

Must be at least 21 years of age and a qualified, registered elector of district by the filing deadline.

PETITION SIGNATURE REQUIREMENTS

Petition signature requirements are based on population of the district according to the 2000 census.

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td width="9%">[​IMG]</td> <td valign="bottom" width="15%">
    Republican​
    </td> <td width="9%">[​IMG]</td> <td valign="bottom" width="18%">
    Democratic​
    </td> <td width="9%">[​IMG]</td> <td width="19%">
    No Party
    Affiliation ​
    </td> <td width="21%">[​IMG]</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td> </td> <td>
    Min: 200

Max: 400

</td> <td> </td> <td>
    Min: 200

Max: 400

</td> <td> </td> <td>
    Min: 600

Max: 1,200

</td> <td> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> [​IMG]

QUESTIONS

If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact us at:
    Macomb County Elections Department

Macomb County Election Department
    40 North Main St
    Mount Clemens, MI 48043
    (586) 469-5209

12. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

:deal:

13. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

You could always have the reunion in New Jersey. Just make sure you always lock your cars. And hotel rooms. Oh, and don't wear any gold necklaces that can be grabbed easily. Or expensive sneakers. Or red (the official color of the Bloods street gang) or blue (the official color of their rival gang, the Crips).

14. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

DeeDee...

Might I assume that you don't work for the New Jersey Chamber of Commerce? :)

15. RiverRat

Jersey works for me! It sounds like I went to a different part of the State....I thought it was beautiful and safe - but I was deep in the woods.

16. AMES

AMES Member

LOL :rolling: Sounds like a LOVELY place!! I also hear that your hubcaps can be stolen while your car is still moving.

17. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

That's true. But your car is usually stuck in traffic, so it does make it easier to
    steal them.

18. AMES

AMES Member

LOL....yeah, I guess that would make it alot easier.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice