WENDY MURPHY: The district attorney should apologize to JonBenet, not to her parents!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Cherokee, Jul 19, 2008.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Whoa....now I am surprised with them because I don't remember having knowledge of that interesting tidbit - Thank for tossing that in there, Bob!

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I could be wrong --but I could swear that Patsy denied taking anything like that. Investigators found out somewhat accidentally that she was on anti-depressants and wondered why she didn't just say she was taking them. Some people theorized she was just trying to keep up the perfect facade, while others felt maybe things weren't quite as rosy as the Ramseys tried to make out. I also recall speculation that perhaps Patsy may have had a psychotic reaction to the anti-depressants, which does happen to some people who take them. For instance, it recently came out that OJ Simpson was on anti-depressants when he killed Ron and Nicole, and he told friends the pills were supposed to help him but "made him worse."

I also seem to recall that investigators didn't understand why nobody was fessing up to using these various pharmaceuticals--after all taking anti-depressants or sleeping pills isn't a crime. JR did admit to using melatonin, no big deal.

As usual, there are more questions than answers.

I will say this--back in the early 90's I was a counselor for emotionally disturbed kids (before I got back into the art field) at a private treatment center here in Austin. We had boys and girls, many of whom had been severely sexually abused. We had several little girls who had been sexually used by adults from the time they were 2 years old--and most of these girls may have been only 8 or ten when they got into our treatment center, but they gave off a sexual vibe that I found really disturbing. We had one little 8 YO girl (I'll call her Katrina) who would always try to sit on your lap, and once she did, she would try to grab your crotch. It was a never ending struggle trying to teach her that that was highly inappropriate behaviour, because she had learned from an early age that being sexual with an adult male was "okay." Even when Katrina was being "good"--you could just feel this kind of creepy vibe off her.

I got that same creepy vibe the first time I saw the live footage of JBR in those pageants. I have seen tons of little girl skaters, ballet dancers, gymnasts, etc. whom I suppose you could say were scantily clad, but I never once got that creepy sexual vibe off any of them. I noticed a lot of men had the same reaction to the film footage--it was like something you felt, but were embarrassed to admit.

It makes you wonder. As always, lots of questions, few answers.

3. BobC

I am certain they found anti-depressants. They found the bottle in her trash.

4. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

As always, loving your insight. I trust your instincts completely.

5. Little

Little Member

I don't know if this is related to the timeline you are referring to BobC.

6. sboyd

sboyd Member

Well this is the quote I referred to and John is lyyyyyyyyyyyyyying but once again. He dam well knows that Patsy is on mood altering drugs. No way she is not, not after that display on CNN. The woman had so much chit in her that she could not speak - that is someone who is use to taking these drugs and does not think the Valium is working. I guess she was hoping for complete memory eradication.

And she was use to taking them, from her cancer treatment days. She still kept that stuff around. Klonopin was found in the house.

7. sboyd

sboyd Member

Absolutely Patsy was taking tranquilizers. It is a terrifying disease and one that she handled a good part of alone flying back and forth - believe me she did tranquilizers. No doctor is that cruel to deny her that.

Augustin IS NEVER PREPARED. This is the second time I have seen him embarrass himself by not having the facts. Loved it when he said he had not read anything about abuse. And Nancy said, it is in the autopsy report. He wants it spelled out for him so Wendy did it. But that is just how lazy or stupid they both are. They go on a show where they KNOW Wendy Murphy is going to be on. Everyone knows that Murphy believes there is prior abuse and these two screw ups don't even make sure they are briefed on the autopsy report especially this part.

And Augustin is still claiming there was someone with hi tecs walking around down there - unfortunately, the show where he said that did not have another side to refute, such as Mike Kane did with a forensic who said there were footprints under the window and he thought the letter was fair. Kane said this is another misinformation - there were never any footprints under the window. Never.

8. sboyd

sboyd Member

Patsy admits it in the interview with Kane and Kane later asks John if he would be surprised to learn that Patsy did. John said yes he would be surprised that Patsy is something akin to a Rock.

Apparently, Patsy is a mid-sized rock, not the boulder that John said.

9. sboyd

sboyd Member

Wendy Murphy said recently that Klonopin was found in the house. That is more of a tranquilizer and it is an anti-depressant also, but works very very quickly.

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

San Augustin always looks like a deer in the headlights to me!

Surely I've made my admiration for Wendy Murphy plain. (A bull couldn't make it any plainer!)

11. BobC

Okay--looks like I'm not senile after all.

Anyway--why did JR feel the need to lie about what Patsy was taking? And beyond that, what was bringing on these panic attacks?

12. BobC

Little--they found anti-depressants in the trash very shortly after the murder if I recall correctly. In other words, the pills were pre-murder, not post.

13. LI_Mom

LI_Mom Member

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/1997BPD-John-Interview-Complete.htm

TT: How did you sleep Christmas night?

JR: I took a Melatonin tablet because I wanted to get to sleep fast because we had to get up early, and I slept through the night.

TT: Now is that Melatonin an over the counter or prescription drug?

JR: Over the counter.

TT: That you are (inaudible). . . are you taking any other medications right now?

JR: I have been on Paxel, and Quanopin, which are both prescription anti-depressants.

TT: Okay, and the second one is?

JR: Quanopin.

TT: OK. I’m not familiar with that one.

JR: It like, kind of like Adavan, I’m not an expert but . . .

TT: . . . Okay. How much Paxel where you taking?

JR: Uh, well one tablet a night, I don’t know how, but I can get the prescription from (inaudible) the size of it, whatever it is.

TT: Is it the same prescription that Patsy is on or. . .

JR: Basically, yeah, probably exactly the same thing.

TT: And the second medication, you take that once a night?

JR: Right.

TT: Right before bedtime?

JR: Yep.

TT: And second medication, how often to you take it?

JR: Uh, recommended is two to three tablets a day, and I tend to go from zero to just three. It’s uh, kind of depends on how you feel, it’s kind of a quick reacting.

14. BobC

LI--it is true that both started taking anti-depressants after the murder, but I am pretty sure they both denied taking anything like that prior to the murder.

On the other hand these two told so many whoppers it's hard to keep it all straight

15. LI_Mom

LI_Mom Member

Ok, good point.

The problem with these transcripts is that they bring up a line of questioning & then pull back after asking a couple of questions.... and not very good questions at that.

They never DO go into any kind of depth where they can find useful info.

16. BobC

I say look at what both of them said on the day of the murder or shortly thereafter. Before they had time to compare notes and concoct a story.

I can remember a stellar example of why this is important. When the ransom note first hit the press, John and Patsy both told the press that no finger prints were on that note.I was like whoooooaaaa--why not? Why are John and Patsy's fingerprints NOT on the note both said they read? They picked it up and read it, didn't they? Their prints should be on it! Then, and only then, did the crackpot explanations come out--Patsy and John read it from a standing position!!! The note moved to another room, but still no one actually picked it up!

absolute bullchit. Your kid is gone. There's a ransom note, and you don't pick it up? You don't scour it over and over for a clue?

Yeah, sure. And I have bridge in Brooklyn...

So anyway--go with what they said early on. They both said they read it--so obviously they picked it up. Either that or in their panic, they write the note with gloves on, not looking far enough ahead to realize their prints should be on that piece of paper.

bad planning. Panicked planning

17. LI_Mom

LI_Mom Member

Is there ANY chance they were told early on by LE that the note was tested for intruder prints & none were found?

After all, they had plenty of contacts working with inside info.

And also when she was questioned 4 months later.... she STILL claimed she never read the whole note. Gosh, she was anxious to figure out who could have possibly killed her daughter, wasn't she? Some "rock."

I think he meant she has 'rocks in her head.'

18. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

My beliefs exactly.

The Ramseys efforts to distance themselves from the ransom note (like the pineapple) was completely unnecessary.

IF the Ramseys were innocent:

It would have been okay if their fingerprints had been found on the note because as parents of a "kidnapped" child, they would have picked it up and read it, but instead they say jumped and leaped over it, and read it in their underwear.

It would have been okay to admit that it was their bowl, and their spoon, and their pineapple on the kitchen table, but Patsy made a big deal out of saying that wasn't her "set up" - whatever that's supposed to mean.

It would have been okay to admit that it was their maglite on the kitchen counter instead of saying they had one "just like it."

And on and on and on. But when a person is trying to distance themselves from the truth, sometimes they over-think it. They are so busy creating the distance, they forget what their normal relationship to the truth (in that particular context) would be.

19. LI_Mom

LI_Mom Member

And how much time was wasted tracking that stupid Santa Bear that Patsy didn't recognize? The Hi-Tecs. The bat.

There's a definite pattern from the beginning.... pointing to all the evidence of some mystery intruder.

20. Tez

Tez Member

I've been MIA for a few days, but I am so happy to read this by Wendy Murphy!

O/T...Hi BobC!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice