A Nose For Crime - Doberman Gang

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Elle, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

That's what she is, heymom! I rescued her on Christmas Eve. They were calling her a wirehair mix.. I just laughed when I saw her! When we got home I had my son google wirehair Jack Russell...and up popped a picture of Annabel! LOL She is a HANDFUL! She jumps on tables and counters like a cat! We have a few "issues" we need to work on! She is as smart as a whip though, and as fast as greased lightning! I am negotiating for a 4 ft picket fence for part of my backyard now so she can run herself silly. However, I am wondering if it is only a matter of time before she can jump over that fence! For a dog who is only 9 inches tall, it is just silly how high and far she can jump!

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

My great dog story!

Bailey was/is an older dog I got from my producer at work--she was over-weight and arthritic and one day she nipped his 2 YO son who was climbing on her. It was totally over-reacting--My producer said he was going to put her down if no one took her in so I adopted her. Bailey kept gaining weight over the next two years and each of three vets I took her to told me I was feeding her too much but I knew I wasn't--she barely got anything. She did, however, keep gaining weight. Then she started getting lethargic, not wanting to get up off her mat--she didn't even want to go outside to go to the bathroom. Bailey started peeing indoors, which she never did before, and then she started losing big clumps of fur, and the skin underneath was bright red. In my desperation I decided to start forcing her to go on walks with me, but she couldn't even go 100 yards before collapsing and panting. I got her shaved hoping that would help--but once the fur started to regrow I realized that only parts were regrowing, it was all uneven, which was weird. Finally a friend at work recommended Dr. Grey and I took her in.

Dr. Grey took one look at Bailey's splotchy fur and obesity, and said "she has a thyroid problem." Apparently the fur is big sign. He took a blood test and she had extremely low enzymes in her blood, so he prescribed thyroid medicine.

Two months later she was down from 100 lbs to a reasonable 65 lbs. Her fur grew back in perfectly and the red, irritated skin disappeared. Six months later she was down to her current weight of 55 lbs--jumping up on the furniture, playing with my other dogs, and being really frisky. It is a miracle. I have never seen such a turn-around. A year ago I was certain Bailey was going to die--I even told my old producer that she didn't have long. Now she is as healthy as healthy could be. I think Dr. Grey totally kicks :(:(:(. My only regret is that Bailey suffered so long (with hundreds of dollars in vet bills, by the way) and none of those wondrous vet clinics at Petco could diagnose here correctly. I should have sued them.

Anyway here is a pic of Bailey at the height of her thyroid problem

Attached Files:

3. BobC

Taaa Daaaahh

And this is my sweet little Bailey today after treatment:

Attached Files:

4. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

You are such a good "dad" to all of your 4-legged friends...who wouldn't want to have YOU as their owner? You rock Bob!

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh my god, BobC! That is a wonderful story! They should have you do a commercial for your vet!

So I'm so glad you found a great vet, BobC. CLONE HIM! NOW! Bailey looks like a different dog! And so happy, when she looks so miserable in the "fat" picture.

6. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Wow, I finally got to watch all the videos!

Dogs are just the very best!

BobC,

Noodles is just precious! LOVE THOSE EARS...and the singing is cool

The Bailey story brought tears to my eyes Bob. You are a wonderful human being. Anyone who cares about animals like you do will always have my undying gratitude and loyalty

And for all the other doggie photos....adorable, each and every one

7. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

BobC, you're the best.

In the second picture you can almost hear Bailey saying, "Thank you, Dad for giving me back my life!" She seems just brimming with love, joy and gratitude.

8. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

What A Beautiful Dog...

Bailey is just a beauty Bob C.....Love the almost unbelievable before and after pictures! Yeah! :yay:For your wonderful vet and for your love and persistance in seeking treatment for your pup! I am sure that you have been rewarded many times over with the joy of seeing this precious pet restored to life and vitality...

Voyager

9. BobC

Hey it's the least I could do for my little furry friends--I'm nothing special. I can't help but love my doggies! And Babs you are so right--Bailey was miserable before--it was a chore to even get her off her little bed thingee. Even though I said she was arthritic before, I'm not so sure she ever was--after getting treated correctly for her thyroid problem she doesn't seem to have any problems getting around. In fact, she is downright spry! I'll try to find some movies of her at her worst and put them on Youtube. The change is really shocking.

10. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Gorgeous dogs, everyone. I love seeing photos of all our fur-babies (cats included).

Bob, your "before" photo of Bailey brought me to tears. I could feel her suffering. I'm so glad you found out what was wrong with her and that the story had a happy ending.

11. Wind_Walker

Wind_Walker Member

Originally Posted by sboyd View Post
    And Eller nixed the dogs. Another reason why the Ramseys skated. Had they brought in the dogs, she would have been found in seconds and John and Patsy could not have contaminated the scene.

As a noob to this forum, what was the official reason the dogs where not brought in.

12. Little

Little Member

I don't have a good answer for you Wind Walker but this is from PMPT hardback:

It seems since they couldn't agree on which dog to use they just gave up?

Little

13. heymom

heymom Member

Well, it was only another hour until John "found" JonBenet's body, so perhaps they didn't have time to get dogs after they'd had their argument? How stupid is that? They should have had dogs on the scene within an hour or two. How Boulder of them.

14. Wind_Walker

Wind_Walker Member

Thanks for the info. I am not surprised about turf battles based upon police background training.

Since the Rachel Cooke investigation, I have spoken to several county employees and they have stated the sheriff (ex-FBI) wanted nobody on his turf and botched the investigation. I have since meet and worked with the ex-sheriff, and I can believe this.

15. Elle

Elle Member

I wonder what would have happened had those dogs been brought in toot sweet, Little. Would they have sensed the smell of death from Patsy and John Ramsey? Something we'll never know.

Didn't take long for tracker John Ramsey to find her. He knew where to go. What a clever dog he was!

16. BobC

I think we would have heard Patsy screaming "DOWN BOY!!! GET OFFA ME YOU CRAZY POOCH!!!!" as the hound hurled itself repeatedly at her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice