1. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I believe that IS why they sued him, Rashomon.

Let me be clear: they had no grounds to sue him...at all. The Feds told him he had grounds to arrest her, and that's what he wrote.

This is just another example of how rabid lawyers are ruining this country. If it had been me, I would have offered to settle it man-on-man. My offer still stands if John is man enough to ever take me up on it.

2. Little

Little Member

Oh Punisher, you may have just come up with the next reality show!! Wow, I would even be willing to pay to view that one!

Little

3. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

4. Little

Little Member

pg 357 NE book

Lou Smit (LS) speaking to John Ramsey (JR)

LS, You know, we have been here for three days now, we have gone over a lot of things and I think I have gotten to know you pretty good at this time, and you have probably gotten to know us, and, you know, there is a lot of people out there that really really do believe that you did this to your daughter, or that your wife did this. And you know that you have said that you didn’t do that, and I am going to take you at your word. We know you’re a Christian, John, and would you swear to God you didn’t do this?

JR: I swear to God I didn’t do it. I swear to God.

LS: Do you know anybody else, that your wife could?

JR: No.

LS: You swear to God?

JR: I swear to God.
    End quote.

5. rashomon

rashomon Member

I still have to catch up on a lot of info about this case - what does 'NE' stand for? And what was the exact date of that interview? Thanks in advance for your reply.

6. Little

Little Member

It's the National Enquirer book they published on the police interview with John and Patsy Ramsey. From the book it looks like this interview was June 25, 1998. The first interviews in the book are from April 30, 1997, and then 14 months later the June 23, 24, 25, 1998 interviews.

Rashomon, you would really get a lot out of this one. Mine is so full of paper clips and little pieces of paper, notes in the margins! I think the official title is JonBenet, The Police Files. It is well worth the read!

Little

7. rashomon

rashomon Member

I hope the book is still available. If yes, I'll order it at once.
    And wow, how did the National Enquirer get those police interviews? Was it this Susan Bennett aka Jameson who obtained them from the Ramseys and sold them the NE? If yes, I imagine the Ramseys were pretty furious, lol.

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Susan Bennett refuses to say where she got the interview tapes from. She said they were sent to her anonymously, but nobody believes her except her jamsuckers at her forum.

The Ramseys were upset and so was Lynn Wood. She says they got over that, but isn't it just a wee bit strange that since she sold the tapes for her own profit, neither the Rams nor Wood have much, if anything, to do with her. She knew the law protected her in selling the tapes, so legally she was in the clear. Morally and ethically, though, her character leaves a lot to be desired. She'll cut anyone's throat if it means profit for herself. Anyone who trusts her is a fool.

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"Oh Punisher, you may have just come up with the next reality show!! Wow, I would even be willing to pay to view that one!"

Well, I could certainly use the money! Can't you just imagine Linny in John's corner, giving him a pep talk:

"Remeber, John, you're fighting for Patsy's honor, which is probably more than she ever did!"

LOL

10. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

LOLO, Little. Somehow jameson construed your post as a compliment to her - so glad you appreciated her efforts in getting the book out and all. Self-absorbed doesn't begin to describe her.

11. Little

Little Member

Well, OK then. This doesn't happen to me very often WY, but I just don't know how to respond to that. I sure wish I could figure out a way to use the new word I learned here. Can you think of some way for me to work disabuse into a comment?

Little

12. Elle

Elle Member

Little,

Disabuse is not a word which crops up very often. Truthfully, I don't really like it too much, :) so everyone is welcome to use it as much as they like. It just doesn't sound right to me. It doesn't have a good ring to it.

Back to Jameson and the Police Files. If Jams hadn't sold the tapes to the National Enquirer, when would we ever have had the chance to read them? I don't think the Boulder police would have published them.

13. Little

Little Member

I agree Ella, I really do have my NE book full of notes and paper clips. IMO, it's one of 3 books that would be very useful to any case follower. PMPT, Steve Thomas' book, and the NE book. I guess DOI should be on that list too, but I didn't buy it new. I got my paperback for .25 on Ebay, and a co-worker gave me the hard back she bought at a used book store. If another book comes out with more transcripts that would be great and I'm sure it will be on my "buy" list.

Little

14. rashomon

rashomon Member

Lou's 'perfect handle' gibberish

Smit: "The knot-tying of the garrote used on JonBenet shows special knowledge. The paintbrush was broken to create a perfect handle." (end quote)

That alleged 'garrote' was a clumsily fashioned stage prop by a bungling amateur who had a vague idea in her mind how a "brutal killing tool" should look like.
    Imo this was also the reason why the stager broke the paintbrush in pieces. If the reason had been to get a handle to pull the cord, she could have used the whole paintbrush for that purpose.
    Smit's "perfect handle" gibberish is nonsense since there was no need to break the paintbrush to get a handle. Imo the paintbrush was broken for the purpose of getting jagged ends to suggest a "torturing tool". Using a mundane household paintbrush would not have achieved this in the stager's mind.

15. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Smitty uncovered...

Smitty uncovered.

The thinnest of veils, his facade is wrapped tightly in an antiquated ego of crumbling narcissism. His ancient body and dwindling brain cells can no longer sustain the silly things he opined in past years. Smitty is, IMHO, the most pitiful character in the entire array of pathetic wimps in the Ram saga.
    He is forever attempting to pound square pegs into round holes. His conclusions are obviously based on his desire to exonerate the Ram’s. His disgraceful “analysis,†every step of the way, smacks of cronyism at best and obstruction of justice “at- worse.â€
    His naivete’ is astonishing. But, even more astonishing is the fact that the Justice System didn’t coming crashing down on him; publically discrediting his “theories.â€
    He rushed in to quickly “solve the case;†with the- stun-gun- toting -intruder" up front and personal. ***(I swear to God I am not making any of this up.) LOL.

Smitty's involvement should remind us all of:

“Fools rush in where angels fear to trad.â€
    gl

16. sboyd

sboyd Member

JR: I swear to God I didn’t do it. I swear to God.

LS: Do you know anybody else, that your wife could?

JR: No.

LS: You swear to God?

JR: I swear to God.

AND THEN:

L.S. - I believe you John.

JR. - Thanks moron!
    L

17. Elle

Elle Member

Exactly, rashomon. I agree! There was no need to break the brush at all, except for the purpose of getting the jagged ends.

18. Elle

Elle Member

As per usual, Greenleaf. Well said!

19. Elle

Elle Member

I love your ending sb! "Thanks Moron!" :yay:

20. Little

Little Member

Oh how true those words are!!!

IMHO Smit is not worried about justice for JonBenet, he's worried about his own legacy and being exposed for being wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. I think that's a fate worse than death for old smithead.

Little

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice