Task Force

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by RC, Jun 29, 2002.

1. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office announced yesterday that they are considering forming a task force for the Rachel Cooke case. This is a long awaited desire of mine. I gave them just a little bit of incouragement to do it.

We are working to have FBI, Texas Rangers, Texas Department of Criminal Justice System, ATF and local law enforcement represented on the task force. Hopefully, we will get all of those.

2. AustinGirl

AustinGirl Member

This is the best idea, RC. Just what this case needs to get some leads generated and some forward movement. See you tonight.

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

That is good news

but I sure wish they would have done this long ago. Better now than never. Parents shouldn't have to fight so hard to get law enforcement off their duffs and working to find who took Rachel - I mean really working, not just talking about it.

4. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

RC......

This is a wonderful step forward for Rachel....if this group of individuals and agencies can't make progress in her case, I don't know who can!

Best of fortune to you, Janet and all of those who search for Rachel and for justice in her name.....

Congrats on your success in putting this task force together!
    Voyager

5. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

New Domain Name

Forums For Justice awarded the Cooke's the <b>Rachel Alert Network</b>, along with a check on Saturday, June 29, 2002. The Rachel Alert network is comprised of the following domain names:

RachelAlert.US
    RachelAlert.com
    RachelAlert.net
    RachelAlert.org

I will let RC have the honor of describing what the Rachel Alert Network's goals will be.

6. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

This is good news about the task force. Yes indeed.

Speaking of the task force..... We will be setting up a special area that deals specifically with the task force. It is in the planning stages now.

I spoke with the sheriff's office today. Since the task force is still in the planning stages we agreed to at least set up something that would help all of us understand what has been done so far. As far as the law enforcement end of it. Then we will move into the task force information when it is up and running.

More to come.

RC and Janet we actually have a "Rachel Alert System" in Utah. It's named after a 2 year old girl named Rachel who was kidnapped and killed 20 years ago. The response time to her disappearance was so long it's shocking. Her killer has never been found.

It was the "Rachel Alert System" that alerted all of us about the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping.

If you like I would be happy to get in touch with Rachel's mom when you are ready to go forward with your plan. I am sure she has some great advice for you.

Tricia

7. Tricia

Left a message with the contact at the sheriff's office concerning the FFJ/Rachel Cooke Task Force area of the forum.

Waiting for him to call back.

8. AustinGirl

AustinGirl Member

Tricia

Thanks for having the nerve to call. I wish I did. Bless you, girl.

9. Tricia

Good News.

The sheriff's office is "open" to the idea. Looking good. They haven't said yes yet but I am working on them. It was a very positive conversation.

Another discussion should take place early next week.

I'll let you know.

Tricia

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice