jameson, ya blooming idiot

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Not a teacher

You could have fooled me WY. You would have made a good one! You can always look upon us, as your classroom. ;) My favourite subjects were English/math and science too, but it was Commercial College for me. I didn't have any rich relations! :mad:

I saw that photograph of the hanging by Jameson, and I've read her insinuations about Ariana Pugh, This must have been sheer hell for this young girl. No doubt about it, Jameson is bad news. I am very grateful to a net friend who told me about his encounter with Jameson.

I did read in "Death of Innocence" about Susan Stine telling John Ramsey about Jameson and her web site. As luck would have it, this friend warned me that I was actually posting with the famous Jameson fictitious hats. Once again destruction was her game, because the discussion was not in favour of the Ramseys. I have learned so much about Jameson since those days. If anyone should be charged with "obstruction of justice" it's Jameson!

For sure there are quite a few game players out there posting. From the Ramsey admirers, to the Ramseys themselves (?). They sure all smell of the same gas from the Swamp.

2. Frankg

Frankg Member

Quick Question

Sorry for this slightly off track question.. I did try to find the answer myself but came up empty and I didn't want to start a thread to ask this.

In reading thru chapter one of Little's book last night, I noted that she stated Melody Stanton recanted her statement regarding hearing a scream the night of the murder. I always remembered this as a major issue of debate, in as much a what the scream meant, timing, etc. The police did a sound study to understand it. I never saw anything regarding her recanting that claim. So, my question is.. when did she recant it and what was her explanation? I mean, this was no off-the-cuff comment. She claimed she heard it, she woke her husband because of it, etc. I know I've not been following the case for almost three years now but I'm surprised I missed this one. Thanks.

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Has it been three years?

Wow, where did the time go? I can't say right now when she recanted it (I do not have my reading sources with me right now), but she did recant it. I'm trying to remember - it was something about she imagined she heard it, but it was weirder than that. It was almost as if she had a psychic moment or something.

If no one else comes up with the exact quotes, I'll try to remember to look it up later.

4. Ginja

Ginja Member

The scream

I don't think Stanton recanted the statement as much as she was labelled a "nut" by people like Jameson and Smit.

Stanton was interviewed by network tv and together with her husband, went through all the motions of what happened that night. She was reading in bed, I think, and her husband was sleeping. She had her window open a crack and heard the noise, jumped out of bed and looked out the window, then woke her husband up and had him at the window listening, but there were no other screams. However, it was her husband who heard the "metal on cement" sound.

Frank's right...the BPD used this testimony to test the accoustics in the house, setting up parameters that closely matched those of the night on 12/26 (I think it was spring or so when they did the test). This is when Smit came to the conclusion JonBenet was in the basement and her scream escaped through an open vent in the basement and that's how Stanton heard it all.

At some point, the Stantons were interviewed by someone, I don't know who, and Melanie talked of spacey things like religion and psychics or whatever. From that, team Ramsey (including Jameson) came up with Stanton being a nutcase and not a reliable witness. IOW, Melanie Stanton wound up under the Ramsey bus and from the sounds of it, didn't survive.

Again though, it's been years and this is basically what I remember, not being able to source any of my stuff cuz it's all packed. O woe is me!

5. Watching You

Are you sure, Ginja?

I am almost positive Steve Thomas mentioned the recantation in his book.

6. Spade

Spade Member

From Bonita

MELODY STANTON STATEMENT

Melody Stanton was interviewed by Det. Barry Hartkopp on January 3. Stanton lives across the street and one house to the south of the Ramseys. Her bedroom is on the second floor of the west side of the house which faces the Ramsey home. On Christmas night she had gone to bed at approximately 10:00 p.m. Stanton always sleeps with her window slightly open, and on that night she had opened it 6-8 inches. She related that she had fallen asleep shortly after she went to bed, but was awakened by “one loud, incredible screamâ€. She related that it was “obviously from a child†and that it lasted 3 to 5 seconds and then abruptly stopped. It appeared that the sound came from across the street, south of the Ramsey residence. She did not look at the clock, but estimated the time at somewhere between 12:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m. She stayed awake and listened for any other noises for five to ten minutes, but heard absolutely nothing after that no cars, no voices, no footsteps, so she eventually went back to sleep.

Stanton said she had not left on any televisions or radios when she went to bed. She admitted that she did not sit up in bed to look out the window, so she did not see any activity outside her window. When asked why she had not come forward with this information right after the homicide when detectives had canvassed the neighborhood, Stanton said she was so shocked by JonBenet’s death that she at first did not make any connection to the scream. Also, since none of the other neighbors had not mentioned to her about hearing a scream, she began to doubt she actually heard it. In fact, when she told her husband he said she had probably imagined it. It was Diane Brumfitt, a friend of Stanton's, who reported this incident to the Boulder Police after her conversation with Stanton.

7. Britt

Britt FFJ Senior Member

Yes, that is my recollection too. I believe the recantation was in a tabloid interview (the Enquirer?) She said the cops had misunderstood her and that she'd never said she heard the scream that night, that it was a different night. Maybe the article is at ACandyRose's site.

8. imon128

imon128 Banned

I do believe that info is in Steve's book.

9. Watching You

It's going to take

some time to find the references to Melody Stanton. FrankG, if you haven't read the books that have been written on the case, I strongly recommend Steve Thomas's book, Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation. I also recommend you read the Ramseys own book, Death of Innocence. It was their book, more than Steve's book, that put a lock on my belief that they were involved. Drama queen was in her glory in that book. Perfect Murder, Perfect Town is also a good book to read. I also read Dr. Wecht's book, Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey with great interest. I think most of us remember Szundi, a physician who posted at JW with us and who, I think, now posts at Purgatory. She agrees with Dr. Wecht, I believe, at least as far as the sexual abuse goes.

Dr. Wecht puts out a very believable theory on what caused JBR's death, using the autopy report to do so.

After reading all the books and after all these years, I am still where I was in the beginning - believing the adult Ramseys were involved with two scenarios for how JB's death occurred but not knowing which one. Nothing has occurred to make me change my mind, although the antics of the RST have surely strengthened my belief of adult Ramsey involvement. I do NOT think Burke Ramsey killed his sister.

I've come to the conclusion that it is simply easier to put "adult" before "Ramseys" when speaking of John and Patsy rather than having some d!ckhead like Lin Wood imply Burke is included when we say "Ramseys." In the past when I've talked about the Ramseys, I've referred to John and Patsy. But, we see how Wood has twisted the use of the word Ramseys to include Burke in his lawsuit against Carol McKinley of FOX news. She never mentioned Burke's name. Wood has gotten desperate on this one.

10. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

I don't get it . If someone TRULY believes that another created malicious libel, one would think that they would want those remarks removed. Like how Patsy asked the local grocery stores to remove the tabs that had the B.D.I. articles on the cover....

Instead, the swamp is dregging up things which one of her benefactor's of hatred said YEARS ago, and she is rehashing it and displaying it-- therefore RE-Libeling (if it was ever libel in the first place, I don't know) the child, and bringing ADDITIONAL negative attention. What a friend...uh, forgot...she's no friend anymore.

11. Little

Little Member

Frankg, this is what I could find:

Melody Stanton comments fromSteve Thomas book:
    Quote: Pg 38 Another neighbor, whose bedroom faced the Ramseys home from across the street, did not want to get involved with the investigation and told police that she heard nothing unusual during the night. She would soon revise her statement to say that she had heard a child scream. End quote

Quote: Pg 70 In a few days another neighbor, Melody Stanton, who lived at 738 Fifteenth Street, diagonally across from the Ramsey home, also changed her original story, which was that she had not noticed anything unusual on the night JonBenet died. When a detective interviewed her a second time, Stanton admitted that she had not told the truth earlier because she did not want to be involved in the case. She now claimed to have heard the piercing scream of a child between midnight and two o’clock on the morning of December 26. End Quote

Quote from: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_912274,00.html
    When 'the system' falls short
    Ex-investigator for Ramseys says case has eroded his belief in DA, cops, media, PR people, 'the entire cast of characters'
    By Charlie Brennan, News Staff Writer
    December 18, 2001
    (Quote) Armistead said that, contrary to what many might believe, he was privy to very little firsthand information or evidence in the case, other than what he and other defense-team investigators developed.
    And he learned that much of what the public considered "evidence" in the case, was something less. For example, Armistead is unsurprised that former Ramsey neighbor Melody Stanton, who reported hearing a scream the night JonBenet died, now believes she heard it two nights before the murder -- if she heard one at all.
    "The ‘scream’ in the night' thing, I put it in the classification of a lot of this quote, unquote, other evidence," Armistead said. "It became more and more unreliable, as the case progressed." (End quote)

Quote from Source: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_408302,00.html
    THE SCREAM

(quote) Smit's argument: A scream reported by a neighbor could have come from the basement without the parents' hearing it.

"Terrifying" scream: Neighbor Melody Stanton, who lives across the street from the Ramseys, about 150 feet to the south, reported hearing "the most terrifying child's scream I have ever heard" between midnight and 2 a.m. She slept with her window partially open.

Noise path: Tests conducted by Smit indicate noise from the wine cellar is heard more easily from Stanton's bedroom than from the Ramsey's third-floor bedroom because the noise travels through a vent to the outside and across the street. The Ramsey house has no third-floor windows on the same side as the vent, and there are three carpeted, furnished floors between the basement and the third floor, which muffle or block noise from the basement.

Concrete on steel: Stanton woke her husband at the sound of the scream. He has reported hearing the sound of steel hit concrete shortly afterward. This could be the sound of the metal grate hitting the cement window well -- perhaps a sound created when an intruder fled through the basement window.

Response: Thomas said a scream is audible from the Ramsey bedroom. Stanton originally said she didn't hear anything. Later, she told police she hadn't been truthful because she didn't want to get involved. In one instance, Stanton said the scream might have been "negative energy" from JonBenet. But a detective eliminated that from a report because Stanton insisted the scream was audible and never returned to the "negative energy" statement.
    (End quote.)

Hope this helps!! :)
    Little

12. Frankg

Frankg Member

Case books

WY, I've read all of the books you listed here with the exception of Steve Thomas' book. I think it was a combination of Ramsey case books overload and a few concerns with some of the conclusions Steve made, but the net was I never bought it. If that's where the recant is documented, then that would explain why I never heard about it. If it's there, and if you find it, would you mind doing me a favor and briefly summarize the circumstances surrounding it. It just seems so odd that she would recant the account after such a long time. It's also odd that none of the other books written on the case mention her recanting the scream and Internet searches turn up numerous discussions of her hearing the scream, but none discussing her recanting the story.

No doubt DOI was exactly what everyone thought it would be, and after all, what else could it have been. They certainly weren't going to incriminate themselves. IMO, the whole thing was in poor taste and I had nothing but contempt for them for publishing it. As for PMPT, I still remember the excitement surrounding it's release. People were posting on JW "I got it, I got it" as if they were 5 years old and their Command Cody Secret Decoder Ring had just arrived in the mail. I still think it's one of the best books on the case.

As for Szundi's advanced hymen course.. who could ever forget it. Way more than I ever wanted to know! :) Yes, she definitely agreed with Dr Wecht on the prior sexual abuse evidence.

13. Elle

Elle Member

Steve Thomas' book

Yes, I remember reading this in Steve thomas' book. I have the updated paperback "JonBenét" ...page 78 - 79.

Steve states that Melody Stanton changed her original story which was that she had not heard anything unusual on the night JonBenét died. When a detective interviewed her a second time, Stanton admitted that she had not told the truth earlier because she did not want to be involved in the case. She now claims to have heard the piercing scream of a child between midnight and two oclock on the morning of December 26.

Steve states if the cry had come from JonBenét it would help determine the time of death. If a neighbour clear across the street heard the scream, he wonders how anyone in the house could not have heard it.

Steve writes, her story which seemed to be a clear piece of evidence, contained its own seed of destruction. however. More than a year later, we would discover that Stanton also told the detective. "It may not have been an audible scream but rather the negative energy radiating from JonBenét."

The detective returned to that odd point several times, but Stanton never again mentioned the "negative energy." She insisted that she heard an audible scream, so the detective did not include the "negative energy" comment in his report.

A year later he was ordered to write an amended report. Changing a report is a huge issue for police since it brings the validity of the entire statement into question. His revised report was not the first, and it would not be the last, that would enter the Ramsey case file.

......................................................................................................

What a stupid woman this Melody Stanton was, wasting the detective's time. In the first place, if she had any sense at all, why didn't she call 911 and have this scream investigated. She may well have saved JonBenét's life, if it was indeed a genuine child's scream. Sounds like she was away with the fairies wih her talk of negative energy.

14. Frankg

Frankg Member

So confusing..

Thanks Little. Yes, it helps a lot. But you know what.. I also find this very confusing. To wit..

o From Steve Thomas' book (pg 70) the conclusion is she heard the scream.
    o From Charlie Brennan's article, Armistead suggests Stanton now believes she heard the scream two nights before the murder.
    o From another Rocky Mountain News article the scream is discussed as if it was not in question, that she heard it the night of the murder between midnight and 2pm.

It's really only Armistead who is suggesting the scream was not heard on the night of the murder, if at all. But considering Melody woke her husband, I find it hard to believe that between the two of them they can't know for sure if the scream was heard the night of the murder or not.

This is just like so much other case 'evidence', as Armistead suggests... you just never know what to consider fact and what is just speculation or spin.

15. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

changed her mind

If Melody Stanton said she may have heard the scream a couple of days earlier it may have been that she was tired of the negative things being said about her and that her first instinct about not coming forward regarding the scream wasn't such a bad idea after all, from her point of view.

She may have been questioned extensively by team Ramsey and told them it could have occured on another night, knowing it would satisfy them and let her off the hook, without making her statement to the BPD a lie, just a confusion about which night it was on.

16. Watching You

That's what I think, Texan

Team Ramsey got to Melody Stanton and convinced her she may have been confused about when she heard the scream.

"Negative Energy" is the term I was trying to think of yesterday. It was a weird thing for her to say, sounded psychic to me. I mean, what the heck is negative energy? Either she heard the scream or she didn't.

Frankg, whatever else anyone feels about Steve Thomas, I believe his book gives more insight into what went on inside that investigation than any other reading material on the case. I do believe the DA's office obstructed justice in this case. One doesn't have to agree with everything Steve did to understand how Hunter and his staff were in thick with the defense attorneys and how stifled the detectives were because of that and other reasons. I also believe he told the truth as he knew it in the book.

If I had only one choice of books in the Ramsey case, it would be Steve Thomas's book, because I think it gives a true account of what happened.

17. Watching You

You like this thread, don't you, jameson

then read on, liar.

Here is what jameson wrote on her forum:

Of course, the morphodyke at CS picked it up as further proof WY is slandering Burke.

Ya know? I mean, if one is going to post something someone else has written, don't post it out of context. Like, what I really said was written in response to someone else's post, and jameson took the post out of context. The beginning to the post, which is just above this one, was:

"That's what I think, Texan."

So sue me for thinking, nimrod.

18. Ginja

Ginja Member

Confusion galore

Well WY...I went to check out JammySue's slamming of you and what did I find? Her slamming you, and a whole thread on ME and my misinformation. I guess we're in this together, eh? LOLOL

The way I look at this is basically the same way you see it: Meldoy Stanton heard the scream, her husband her the grating of metal on cement, and the BPD...INCLUDING Lou Smit...thought highly enough of it to go back to that house and conduct all kinds of acoustic tests to determine what part of the house the scream came from.

The ONLY mention we have of any kind of confusion or attempt to discredit this information is via the Ramsey Spin Team (e.g., Armistead, Jameson, Candy, etc.).

Does anyone remember seeing Melody Stanton interviewed on network television? I remember it clearly, just can't remember what show it was (like 20/20).

We should all have learned by now that whenever evidence is being discredited, it's being discredited by members of the Ram Spin Team who will go out of their way to destroy any kind of "evidence" and then call it BORG mythology.

19. Watching You

I just think it's hysterical

Ginja, that the Rambots have nothing more to talk about except what we are talking about. Instead of conducting vibrant discussions on the case, she starts gossip threads trying to discredit those who get too close to the truth.

She's a dismal failure, but she has the right to be a dismal failure.

20. Ginja

Ginja Member

Granted, WY

JammySue and her ilk have the right to be dismal failures; however, it's a whole other story that there are people out there who actually believe these wingnuts. But JammySue's got it wrapped up tight with her "private" forum. All those posters have over there is hir word, end of story. There is no way for them to carry any kind of intelligent discussion because Jams screens and prohibits it. It's hir story or no story at all.

I just love to read hir telling of events as if she were there, and then comes back with tidbits that she's met Burke and talked to him, or she's talked to Patsy and this, that and the other is denied, and so on to infinity. Of course, she HAS to keep her forum closed to outsiders because hir lies would be exposed.

What I'd like to do is start a thread and go after hir point by point so that others who might fall for hir BS might get a clue. I just don't have the time. Of course, time could stop by and who knows...maybe I could get a moment or two to put hir in hir place.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice