MR."X" IS REVEALED.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Discretion

If the Ramsey investigators had wanted to proceed with discretion, they wouldn't have made a documentary about this guy. I had a long discussion with my husband about it this evening and he expressed the opinion that the investigators maybe hoped he would be unmasked.

Let's face it. Gigax would recognise himself from the documentary, all those who knew him in Boulder would too. The RST are green with envy that others have sleuthed out his identity and taken the initiative to unmask the subject of Tracey's hour long documentary.

If the Ramsey investigators didn't want the public to know about this guy - what WAS the purpose of the documentary? If they didn't want his name to get out they SHOULDN'T have made a documentary about him.

The RST were happy for Tracey to make this documentary which points away from the Ramseys and to leave it there KNOWING that the investigators told us they couldn't afford to continue and that Boulder is no longer interested. That there were fears the investigation would be abandoned. I think they are jealous that Tricia is the only one who has shown the balls to be proactive in the search for JonBenet's killer.

I wonder, would they have been so snide if jameson had named him? I think not.

EDIT: OTOH, maybe there's a comfort factor in there being a mystery prime suspect who is "disappeared". Maybe they are afraid that there's a real chance he'll come forwards and be eliminated?

2. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

See, that is the best part about living long enough to see history repeat itself. On October 25, 2000, Jameson had this to say about her outing of Michael Helgoth's name:

On another forum they are upset that I posted the man's name. Someone said I did it out of retaliation - - and they are wrong. Someone out there may be able to add to the information investigators have - - I don't know if he was involved or not, just believe this needs to be investigated and think maybe it needs a little push. So I pushed.

And to those who are acting SO outraged, don't bother - - this information is in public documents and the names are being discussed in cafés and emails. So now it is on the forum- - I only hope it somehow leads to a fuller investigation.

As one of my favorite bloggers, Glenn Reynolds, would say:

Indeed.

3. Elle

Elle Member

If he has nothing to fear about the JonBenét case, he might come forward to clear himself, but is he wanted " for any other reason which would warrant a jail sentence?"

4. WiltonJr

WiltonJr Member

Inmate Information for JOHN STEVEN GIGAX

Inmate Register Number :

23779-013

Name :

JOHN STEVEN GIGAX

Race :

WHITE

Sex :

MALE

Date Released :

3/5/92

5. Jayelles

Where is that from? Sounds like yet another DOB.

6. Jayelles

Yes that is a possibility but he might consider it's worth a jail sentence.

7. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I'd call this documentary tabloid journalism except that that would be an insult to the tabloids. Tracey ought to stop being such a :(:(:(:(:( and come out and name names if he's so very pleased with his own journalistic investigation. This is fifth rate, tenth rate innuendo that wouldn't impress a group of drunk teenagers around a campfire. This man is TEACHING JOURNALISM? He should lose his job--but if anything this crockumentary shows how far some universities have fallen in terms of integrity of their staff.

By the way, Tricia does not have a "plump butt"--it's quite shapely.

8. Jayelles

Smartpages

I searched for Ohio and it came up with this:-

Search Results << Search Again Background Check

*** No results were found for JOHN S GIGAX in OH born 09/10/1954 ***
    The state was removed from the criteria you entered.

Search criteria: JOHN S GIGAX in born 09/10/1954 9 Matches Found (100 max.)

Full Name Address City State Age Birth Date Phone

1. GIGAX, JOHN S Available BOULDER CO 49 Available Available View Details

2. GIGAX, JOHN S Available BLOOMINGTON IN 49 Available Available View Details

3. GIGAX, JOHN S Available BLOOMINGTON IN 49 Available Available View Details

4. GIGAX, JOHN S Available COLUMBUS IN 49 Available Available View Details

5. GIGAX, JOHN S Available COLUMBUS IN 49 Available Available View Details

6. GIGAX, JOHN S Available ELLETTSVILLE IN 49 Available Available View Details

7. GIGAX, JOHN S Available MARTINSVILLE IN 49 Available Available View Details

8. GIGAX, JOHN S Available MORGANTOWN IN 49 Available Available View Details

9. GIGAX, JOHN S Available MORGANTOWN IN 49 Available View Details

http://www.people-finders.ws/Summary.asp

9. WiltonJr

WiltonJr Member

Sorry....I posted that on the fly.

That's a Federal Prison record.

http://www.bop.gov

10. Elle

Elle Member

Does anyone have a photograph of Gigax?

Jayelles,

Any available photographs of John S. Gigax?

11. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I don't think there are any pictures floating around. Still trying to find one.

Susan Bennett said this is Gigax's website. Real nice.

http://www.nazijewelry.com/

Uh check me. This website says he is in Indiana. So how hard is it to find the guy?

DISCLAIMER
    I have no idea if this is the same Gigax Tracey talks about in his crock. I am just going by what Susan Bennett posted.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2004
  12. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Isn't it odd that someone who is "wanted" and has a full scale manhunt looking for him has a commercial website selling jewelry?

13. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Exactly Sabreena.

Here is what I think happened.

Tracey can't give up on Helgoth. However the pesky fact that the DNA doesn't match Helgoth gets in the way of Tracey's dream of making more money off a dead child.

So he looks around and finds Helgoth's friend who is a bit of a scary guy.

A light bulb goes off in Tracey's mind.

"This could be our Mystery Man." Why not?

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE CONNECTING MYSTERY MAN (GIGAX) TO THE JBR MURDER. But that is not going to ruin the fun for Tracey. The fact that this guy knew Helgoth is all he needs to start his story.

I honestly don't think Tracey even considered the fact that the rap sheet had the case number. He is not what I would call someone who thinks things through.

He just wanted a new twist. Why not throw an innocent man under the bus? Tracey didn't try and find him. If he would have he could have.

Granted Mr. Gigax does not seem like the nicest guy in the world but I do know that John Steven Gigax did not kill JonBenet Ramsey. Period.

Tracey should be fired for trying to ruin an innocent person's life. However this is Boulder Colorado. Justice just can't seem to find it's way around in that town.

Tricia

14. Jayelles

Tracey

Doesn't sound like it was a piece of genuine investigative journalism to me if, as jameson claims, this guys website was known even to her!

She seems positive that it is his page so I guess she got that from "inside the investigation".

So did Tracey attempt to locate Gigax through the commercial website he appears to have owned for the last two years? No reference to that. In fact, they claimed he'd "disappeared". Now we learn that there is an easily available address associated with the person who owns this website too? If they tried to contact him and he declined to comment, they usually mention that. I suppose it was more sensational to claim he'd "disappeared".

Let's see. Steve Gigax served 4 years probation ending in July 2000 with seemingly no defaults. Then from at least 2002 to present, he has been operating a legitimate (if controversial) jewelry business? With a "contact Us" e-mail?

Is this website registered to Mr Gigax?

Especially in view of the possibility that Investigators know Mr Gigax is running a commercial website and yet they claimed he has "disappeared", I think that alone contravenes OfCom's "Impartiality" clause. Mr Gigax might be interested in lodging a complaint against Tracey's documentary at this place:-

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/contact_ofcom/?a=87101

That would be the first step.

Something stinks about this. It really does. The documentary presented a compelling theory - at first. But the more one looks into it, the more things just don't gel.

What WAS the real purpose of this documentary? I really am beginning to wonder. There was no "other side" presented in the documentary. It was all a case AGAINST Gigax.

BTW, nazi stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea, but not all nazis are scary people. I used to work beside one and he was a really hard-working little man with a lousy homelife. He collected nazi memorabilia and had a full nazi uniform and an iron cross. Everyone who worked with him thought he was a extremely eccentric but he was well enough liked and totally harmless.

15. Jayelles

Margoo says:-

http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID37/319.html

That would be another reason for reporting Tracey to Ofcom. The documentary presented gigax as the "Prime Suspect".

16. Jayelles

Tricia

Right, we saw that a few weeks ago when he jumped in with two feet and commented on jameson's email without checking his facts. In doing so, he incorrectly attributed some quotes I took from the TVTimes - to me. If he's been a credible journalist, he would have checked the facts FIRST and commented later.

17. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

There's no such thing as a harmless Nazi.

18. Jayelles

I understand Barbara - totally. Let me rephrase. This guy kept his nazi interests to himself and never harmed anyone. Seemingly, he had tried to sign up for the armed services during the second world war and was turned down because of a physical deformity. Apparently, he bore a grudge and became fascinated instead by the enemy.

It's actually quite sad because as we know, the disabled were one of the groups of people victimised by the Nazis. He may have worshipped them, but they would not have embraced him. His Nazi worship was his own private little thing which he shared with only a few. He was a very odd little man but I judge him only on my own experience of him which was positive. He was fond of me because I reminded him of his youngest and favourite daughter. He often inadvertently called me by her name. He had a truly rotten life and work was an escape for him. He fell ill and our employers actually paid for him to convalesce in a private nursing home in a remote island to get away from his alchoholic wife. I was genuinely cut up when he died because he had been such a sad little soul who took such pleasure from the smallest kind gesture.

19. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Tricia, it's Indiana?

Good grief, Tricia! Just where does Jams get her information? Methinks he will be long gone if he is the right man (?). His workshop may be at home(?). LE has to be on top of this one, surely! (?). The plot thickens!

20. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

What a sad story Jayelles. I think most people know someone like that. We have a person who works with us who also has a lousy life and everybody here finds a way to get her the things she needs just to add a little less stress to her every day life.

We need to count our blessings daily.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice