Rachel Alert Network Cookbooks

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by RC, Jul 15, 2004.

1. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Yes Quinn it does sound fantastic though I need to know if you can make a substitution on one of the ingredients. Have you ever tried this? Can I use A-1 sauce for the Worcester sauce? I am allergic to seafood and Worcester sauce has anchovies in it.

I've done it before and it's usually OK.

2. Quinn

Quinn Member

I WILL HAVE TO TRY THAT. WE SOMETIMES CUT BACK ON THE HORSEREADISH AND ADD A LITTLE OF FRANK'S HOT SAUCE TO ADD A LITTLE KICK. LET ME KMOW HOW IT IS WITH THE A-1 SAUCE.

3. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Will do. Of course I won't be able to compare for you. The recipe appeals to me because I love horseradish and mustard so the combo has to be good - at least in my book. ;)

Ah...who am I kidding? I love spicy - period.

4. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

How could leaving out one letter create so many post?

Okay it's fluffy not fuffy.

JR volunteered to take over the cookbook orders next week. Isn't he a sweetie?

I did an interview on the local ABC affiliate's morning show today about the cookbooks. I think we will pass 150 cookbook sales this week. That's not a bad first week. Only 550 more cookbooks to sell.

5. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

RC you've really got to get that sucker out of your mouth or maybe you just haven't noticed? - I am not a he.

Hey! You told me you had an interview. You did not mention it was about the cookbooks and you let me volunteer to do the mailings? EiYiYi - Where is that headache emoticon when you need it?

6. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

JR, I think it's time to take one of your happy pills. You know the yellow ones with the smiley face on them.

The interview was about the cookbooks. I love getting up at 4:45 a.m. Free publicity is hard to turn down.

7. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Two strikes RC

You been snooping in my pill bottles RC? That's it - no more See's suckers for you and I am giving the Snickers bars I bought to Robert S. At least he knows the difference in a she and a he.

Besides, who you trying to kid here? You had me convinced you always get up at dark o'clock.

8. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Show the cookbooks

I hope most people have received their cookbook order by now. I made sure to ship orders every day the first week. If you like the cookbook, please show it to your friends and family and consider ordering more for Christmas or birthday presents.

We priced the cookbooks at $10 so almost everyone can afford them. Not too many $10 cookbooks have a hardback cover and 400 recipes.

We will continue to ship orders 2 to 3 times a week. So...get er done!

On-line ordering and a link to a mail order form is on rachelalert.org/RANorder

9. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

I have been shipping the cookbooks since Friday evening to give RC a break so he can take care of other tasks. The first case he brought me shipped in just 4 days! It's fun to see the orders come in from all over these United States and other countries.

These babies are like hotcakes so if you haven't ordered yours yet you better stop procrastinating.

To order go to: rachelalert.org/RANorder

For a list of recipes go to: rachelalert.org/cookbook

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice