Check in thread for posters in hurricane's path

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

lol, I don't. I imagine we will wish for only a hurricane if we were to ever actually experience the wrath of God. Lucky for us, he seems to like us humans.

Altho, I have to say I'm praying the wrath of God reigns down on those b*stards who committed, funded and supported the massacre of all those babies in Russia. I'm actually praying for vengence, I'm so beyond any capacity to care for these people. I think a message so terrible needs to be sent that if you harm the children you will forever remember with fear the fallout.

2. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

All clear, or almost. Area winds last night predicted steady at 60 to 70, gusts 90+. I didin't measure, but won't argue about it. :) I suffered no house damage, just some minor tree breakage. Power outage about midnight last night; back on a few minutes ago. A salute to those repair persons who get the job done under horrible circumstances.

Thanks for all your best wishes.

3. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Easy!

So very glad that you have checked in with an all clear (well almost, I am sure!).....

This has been such an horrific time with all of the stress and the worry for all of you Floridians, and of course all of those of us who care about you too...

Now hoping that those beyond your borders have even less damage....I have seen on the news that there is more damage from the flooding in some areas than the winds....still waiting to hear reports of the extent of the damage in all of the Florida counties, but current reports seem like it might be less than was originally expected....I surely hope that is a correct statement....Though I know that there are those whose homes and businesses have been devastated....

We have not seen any reports on the loss of life in Florida....dearly hoping, of course that this figure is non-existant....

You sound pretty good Easy....that must mean that your new shed stayed put during the hurricane winds this time! Hope so....

Congrats on your survival success!
    Voyager

4. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

FreeBird....

I very rarely say, "Ditto" but in the case of the horrible situation in the Russian school with the terroists who destroyed so many lives, especially the lives of so many children, I will...How can there be any forgiveness? I was at the point of tears after watching the Florida news of the victims in the shelters when the report came on with the burials of the Russian children and the grieving families....I just broke down....Too, too horrible....what sort of human could execute the innocent in that torturous fashion?

What can I say that sounds reasonable?.....May the perpetrators roast in 'ell comes to mind....Lord forgive me, vengenous in thine....

Going to bed with a heartache about that one tonight....all of those innocent people and the blessed innocent children....
    Thinking that maybe it is time for some sort of International Tribunal to charge, try and execute terrorist in a timely and very final fashion....Internationally this has become an horrendous and prevalent issue....it is time for all law abiding, civilized nations to take action on this very important issue....

Thanks Free for the updated post from Szundi....I accessed the internet address that you gave us earlier today, but there was not a recent post then....Was so happy to hear that Szundi was with friends and having Italian! :)

Hey Barb! Glad to see you posting....nice to know that you are around even if you do not have much time to post! Hope all is well with you....

Voyager....

5. Barb121

Barb121 Senior Member

Voyager, thanks for the kind words.

I have had some health issues but I am doing fairly well now.

I am such a slow typist and make so many mistakes is why I do not post very often....promise to do better.

Tez, Haworth is in Okla. My sister lives near DeQueen andForeman.

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Amen to that, Freebird,

Amen also to those who have commented on the Russian children who were held as hostages by terrorists and then killed either when the roof collapsed or shot down in cold blood as they tried to escape the collapse and their captors. It's hard to describe feelings such as these - intense sadness, of course, for those children who died or who lived and will be forever scarred by what they went through, and their families, but at the same time a deep anger that burns hot at the cowards who used innocents for their political causes.

Was it just me, or did most of those kids that did make it out look malnourished? I don't mean starved, just underfed.

Waiting to hear from RR this morning. I am thankful Frances started to fall apart before she landed on Florida, but on top of the destruction that was already there, it only compounded the problems.

Hurricane Imon, I mean Ivan, Go Away.

7. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

The Gentle Giant is Gone........

All I have on my plate today is tornado's. I am not even fully awake yet but apparently things are like I left them last night, just with some twisters hovering about.

Great news, EasyWriter - how about that power of prayer from this crew?! Able to stop Texas Sized Hurricaines should be added to our front page!

Back in a bit-
    RR

8. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Hi, WY. I think they are natural disasters, and their paths of distruction are in His hands.

So good to learn you fared well, Easywriter.

9. EasyWriter

10. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Just Read...........

CountyGirl at Purg has spoke with Szundi - she is fine as well as her home! The former owner checked it out for her and not even a shingle was lost!! Amazing news! Thank you all for keeping us ALL safe in your thoughts. Now back to whatever I was doing.....

RR

11. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I missed your news before I posted, RiverRat. I am so thankful you found things this morning as you left them last night!

12. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

All right! It seems as if everyone escaped with just a few frayed nerves and a lot of inconvenience. I did hear two confirmed deaths from the storm, but it could have been worse, I guess, if evacuations along the coast hadn't occurred.

How many more months to go before hurricane season is over? I don't know how much more my nerve can take.

13. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Rr.....

Thanks for checking in and letting us know that you are OK and that Szundi, staying in Florida's west coast area, ifsfine and that her home in Melbourne is undamaged! I accessed this info yesterday, but did not have time to respond to it....Will try to call Szundi on her cell phone today....Didn't want to tie up her line yesterday as I was sure that her relatives were calling in to check on her....

I know that there are those who have had their homes destroyed and that flooding and shortages continue to plague almost everyone.....I can only say, thank God it wasn't worse....Seems to most of us that Frances was gearing up to have stronger winds than were actually delivered by the time she made landfall....For that alone, we can be thankful.....

But so sad about the lives lost in the storm and due to the effects afterwards....Alla ya be careful in the residual rain and during clean up K?

Are there still threats of tornados in Florida, Georgia, and Alabama? Greenleaf how are you guys doing down there in Mobile?

I suppose that we will all be on a check in thread in a week or two, monitoring Ivan, unless of course he decides to be a gentleman and take his fury out to open sea....This is my fervent hope!

Voyager

14. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

hi, Voyager

So far, so good. Just light winds; no rain.

My daughter lives in Atlanta, and her lights have already gone out; winds and rain.

We must not get too complaisant; another hurricane may be headed out way.

I hope everyone heeds the warnings and stays on high ground.

Thanks to all who have inquired about us.

Peace and love.
    :leaf: :leaf:

15. EasyWriter

Showers still hanging around. I have gotten wet twice this
    morning while out doing some clean up.

Apparently, the gasoline shortage report in upper and middle
    Florida have not been accurate. My neighbor from across the
    street, stuck in NC for four days, came down yesterday and last
    night. He said there was plenty of gasoline along the way. No
    doubt there are shortage problems in the coastal areas,
    especially, east, but not everywhere.

So, it’s wait again to wait out the rain and get back to work.

Note: At one time yesterday morning, there were 7 tornados
    sighted in this area at the same time. Fortunately, none touched
    down.

Another good news is that I didn’t lose any food this time. I had
    frozen about 30 pounds of ice to help hold the situation. It
    worked since they got the power back on much quicker than I
    expected.

16. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Let's hope Ivan leaves you guys alone! I think you floridians have had enough of severe weather.

Amazing country we are...evacuated 2.5 million people, only 2 deaths! If this hurricane had struck India...imagine the deaths.

How'd you freeze all that ice Easywriter? In one gallon jugs?

17. EasyWriter

Yes, along with other types of containers which allowed removal of the ice if needed for tea, etc.

18. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Electric power loss proof your refrigerator!

19. EasyWriter

I also covered the refrigerator with blankets as well as dropping the interior house temperature by several degrees. I figured I needed all the help I could get. :)

20. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

What a thread!

I've learned so much. I like EasyWriter's tips for keeping the fridge cool in an emergency. Our home is total electric, and I will keep these helpful hints available for the winter months when the ice storms take down the power lines.

I've also been updated about the state of Florida, which I have never visited, although I have friends and relatives there. Does the population there exceed PA. and N.Y. states now? Did I read 20 million down there now?

I'm also learning which towns are on the Atlantic and which are on the Gulf.

I've always wanted to go to Key West during the Ernest Hemingway look-alike and write-alike contests.

Maybe some day...but definitely not during hurricane season!

Stay safe during Ivan, all you Florida people.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice