Patsy Ramsey is reportedly very ill.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

LurkerXIV, what a wonderful post. You said it beautifully.

I can assure everyone that how I learned about this story was not Tabloid related at all. I have several different sources. I did some checking. I heard about this weeks ago but I didn't want to post about it until I knew more.

Susan Bennett is very quiet. That speaks volumes.

2. Tez

Tez Member

Well, if Bennett is silent, we know something is up. I honestly hope Patsy pulls through. I don't wish her ill will at all. I can't imagine knowing I was dying with my child barely 18. My son is 18, he's just a few months older than Burke.

3. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I imagine Bennett would be the last one to know if she were ill or not. Even if she ever claims to have known, I wouldn't believe her. But, no, I doubt the Ramseys keep her informed of their lives any longer. Her only source these days seems to be the poster Candy. Candy didn't have to pay to post there, did she? She got a free password if I'm remembering right.

4. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Jc

She is still in the Loop enough to know if this is legit news or not. And - as scary as it sounds - so is Candy. The Free-Rider.

Jayelles pointed out that the University of Michigan has some sick contest going on "Who is going to die this year?" with Patsy as a contender. This is the same school that must offer "Posting Hysterically to Others that Believe in Ramsey Guilt as I Do - 101." It doesn't seem that Michigan has welcomed them home like Atlanta did.

RR

5. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

Is Patsy in the hospital?

6. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I don't have any idea Freespirit.

If she is I imagine it would be one of the top hospitals in the U.S. and not the small one they have in Charlevoix.

She may be at home too.

The only thing I have to go on is several different people have told me the same thing. Patsy has taken a turn for the worse. What that means I don't know. Does it mean she is back in the hospital for more chemo? Is she trying some sort of experimental drug? Is she home and resting because nothing can be done? I wish I knew.

The fact that Lin Wood is so quiet and Susan Bennet refuses to comment speaks volumes to me.

If it is a dire situation let's hope Tom Bennett or even Lou Smit is talking to Patsy now. If Keenan really is investigating this case then she should have the common sense to send someone to talk with her.

7. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Maybe jameson just doesn't know? I really don't think she's in the loop. Consider some of the stuff she's posted about the Ramseys lately. Even if it is true - and a sign that she's facing up to the reality that the Ramseys aren't perfect - it wouldn't have been welcomed by them OR Lin Wood, Pam Paugh et al.

In my opinion, when jameson knows something, she can't resist making it known that she knows. When she says nothing, it's because she doesn't know!

8. RiverRat

Sorry guys - I think that Sue does know and is keeping the matter as respectful as she can. On a Public Forum.

RR

9. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I disagree RR - on the grounds that if jameson DID know, then she would make some small effort to keep the thread about Patsy's declining health respectful. As it stands, she has stood back and allowed Candy to rant about "the Gutter" on that thread.

10. Tez

Tez Member

Well, if Patsy is really ill this time, she is probably in hospice care.

I really hope it's not true.

11. RiverRat

Only Time Will Tell.

Now I am wondering if it is just as important now to get back to Atlanta as it was when JonBenet died?

RR

12. Tez

Tez Member

I don't think anyone wants to go to Atlanta today or anytime soon....Did anyone see Geraldo? Johnny on the Spot he was today! LOL

13. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

--

Hospice only goes in if terminal and all life saving means are denied...and 6 months or less to live(not that some people don't last longer)..

14. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I hear we are being scolded by the geniuses at the swamp for showing compassion toward Patsy in light of the fact some believe she may have been involved in her daughter's murder.

How much more shallow can the swamp dwellers be? Do they think we are so one-dimensional that we are not capable of feeling more than one emotion toward a fellow human being? If so, it only shows their own one-dimensionality and lack of critically assessing a situation.

I also take issue with those who say we have no idea what cancer victims go through. Of all the ignorant statements I've seen coming from those quarters, this has to be the most ignorant of all, and I take personal offense to it after watching my own sister go through a hell on earth with her cancer before she passed away.

To those guilty of judging what is in the hearts of those of us who you say do not have sincere compassion for Patsy's cancer ordeal, there is a true story that was written by a woman who endured three years of pure agony with her very rare and personal cancer, and her sister. It is raw and emotional, and it gets down to the nitty gritty of this insiduous disease. It's not a book for the timid. I know, I am the co-auther of the book. Your short-sighted taunts against anyone not in agreement with you that the Ramseys are innocent are absurd and only show your own superficiality.

In the meantime, have the courtesy to keep your sophomoric insults to yourself. Some of us have forgotten more about cancer and its devastation than you'll ever know, and I hope to God you never have to know.

15. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

So true WY....

I just don't understand why they would want to deny Patsy the compassion we do have for her.

I guess that would mean they would then have to accept that we are human and not some alien borg they've been led to believe all these years.

16. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

17. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

I see you have provided a link to the Drudge Report, Greenleaf. Is there something in there about PR's health? If so, I'm not seeing it at the moment. Sorry.

It does seem that some regulars over at Jameson's forum are incapable of seeing poster's from Tricia's forum as anything but one-dimensional. Quite sad.

18. Greenleaf

Try again.........

Hello, Iced tea. Here goes:

FEATURED SPEAKER
    Margaret Bush

If people are strengthened by overcoming, then Margaret Bush must be made of iron by now. She is living proof that sometimes, out of the most unimaginable adversity, come life’s greatest blessings...

Nashville Speakers Bureau
    P.O. Box 110909
    Nashville, TN, 37222-0909
    Phone: 615.263.4143
    Fax: 615.263.4146
    info@nashspeakers.com

((( Clearly setting the standard... )))

John & Patsy Ramsey

Author, Entrepreneur, Businessman

TRAVELS FROM:
    Michigan

EVENT TYPES OR TOPICS:
    Civic Groups, College, Fundraisers, Motivational/Inspirational, Marriage, Public School, Church, Women's, Youth, Media, Parenting, Safety & Security, Coping with Change, Health Issues, Men's, Patriotism, Family

FEE:
    Call Us

For Printer-Friendly Version of this page Click Here
    The tragic murder of JonBenét Ramsey became one of the most notorious unsolved crimes of the century. Rumors and allegations fueled speculation that her parents were involved, despite their insistence on innocence. How have these two survived the tragedy and its rippling effects, played out in the world media?

John and Patsy Ramsey offer a unique and honest insight into their world of tragedy…the death of two daughters, surviving cancer and overcoming adversity. They tell of their struggles with the justice system, the media, and ovarian cancer – and of a Hope in the future that enables them to get out of bed in the morning.

John Ramsey was an entrepreneur and businessman who had achieved financial and career success as a turnaround executive who could take a small, fledgling start-up and develop it into a billion dollar profit-making, international corporation. A Viet Nam era veteran, MBA graduate, and Mid-western background served him in good stead for a business career, but did little to prepare him for the loss of his eldest daughter in a 1992 automobile accident and his youngest daughter to murder.

Patsy Ramsey led a Cinderella-like life until her walls came crumbling down. First with the death of her stepdaughter, Beth, followed by a diagnosis of Stage IV ovarian cancer in 1993. The rigors of surgery and chemotherapy took its toll on the former Miss West Virginia who was fighting for her life to continue mothering son Burke, then 6 and daughter, JonBenét, age 3. This followed by a mother’s worst nightmare… awaking after a picture perfect Christmas celebration to the horror of discovering that her child was missing from the bed she had so lovingly tucked her into the night before.

The Ramseys had it all … financial security, career success, homes, cars, friends, position, status, and a perfect family life…. until that fateful night caused near fatal rippling effects that would strip away life as they had known it.

Now, several years since JonBenet’s death the Ramseys continue to try and rebuild their lives following their ordeal. A Boulder, Colorado grand jury refused to indict them for lack of evidence, and a Federal judge in Atlanta, Georgia issued a 93 page report citing unquestionable evidence of the intruder who killed their daughter.

What Others Are Saying About John & Patsy Ramsey:

"John and Patsy are the real thing. As they shared their pain and their hope they were able to minister to many hurting people at our banquet. I will definitely use them again."

Dave Hummel
    Executive Director
    Central Pa Youth Ministries

I can't make the URL work, but there's a picture of the two with this article.Greenleaf

19. Greenleaf

forgive me, if this is old news

There was not a date on the above article.

Anybody out there?

GL

HELLO!
    I'm getting ready to go back into my shell.

20. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Hi GL! Long time no see, how have ya been??

What you posted is actually the Ramsey's bio for the Nashville Speakers Bureau, there are two more there, one for Patsy and John each. This is Patsy's.

http://www.nashspeakers.com/

[​IMG]
    Patsy Ramsey <o:p></o:p>

Author, Entrepreneur
    <o:p></o:p>

TRAVELS FROM:
    <st1:State><st1:place>Michigan</st1:place></st1:State><o:p></o:p>

EVENT TYPES OR TOPICS:
    Civic Groups, College, Fundraisers, Motivational/Inspirational, Marriage, Public School, Church, Women's, Youth, Media, Parenting, Safety & Security, Coping with Change, Health Issues, Family

FEE:
    Call Us

As a 13 year cancer survivor, Patsy provides an uplifting message to cancer victims and provides a hope to get you through. Patsy delivers an endearing, witty account of her personal 13 year battle with ovarian cancer, a deadly disease that is so easily misdiagnosed because the symptoms are so vague.

Speech Content: GOSSIP – Get Ovarian’s Silent Symtoms in Public! Patsy describes the elusive warning signs of ovarian cancer, her treatments from original diagnosis in 1993 through three recurrences beginning in 2002. She weaves in humor and personal storytelling to provide an uplifting message surrounding a life-threatening illness.

Speaking Experiences:

National Ovarian Cancer Coalition Events
    Central Pennsylvania Youth for Christ Fundraising Event
    President’s National Prayer Breakfast Organization
    RCW Church Women Gatherings
    Tennessee Christian Round Table Luncheons
    Bailey Women’s Ministries Conference, Calloway Gardens, GA
    Numerous Christian TV & Radio including-
    700 Club
    Life Today – James & Betty Robinson

What Others Are Saying About Patsy Ramsey:

"Patsy dazzled our audience with her charm, wit, and animation. Her sincerity and faith touched us all. My only regret is that we did not have her with us sooner."
    --Beverly Bentley, President and State Coordinator, National Ovarian Cancer Coalition - Georgia Division

"After meeting Patsy Ramsey, I was moved and encouraged by how she handles her life - spiritually and physically - despite her ovarian cancer diagnosis, the tragic loss of her daughter, and the media frenzy that followed. She's an incredibly animated speaker, full of life and creativity, and audiences will leave with a warm and heartened feeling for her and her family."
    --Mary Glenn Rice, President, National Ovarian Cancer Coalition -
    <st1:State><st1:place>West Virginia</st1:place></st1:State> Division

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice