John Douglas' Biggest Mistake

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Sylvia, Apr 19, 2005.

1. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

I was really going for HUGE HOAX, but your description has merit as well , especially if changed a bit with some slang. :)

2. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

EasyWriter I assume no answer yet?

3. EasyWriter

Correct; nor do I expect one. The RST mode of operation has been run and hide. I don't expect this to change. There may be a form letter coming, but that would be the extent of it, if that much.

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Oh yes, the HOAX angle ... yes, well I see. I mean, of COURSE that's what you meant. But I'm sure you can understand why I might have thought what I did if you'd ever seen the Cardiff Giant from THIS vantage point ... ;)

Attached Files:

5. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Ah, they could have at least send you the standard anti-critics email I got. Matter of being polite, but then again the RST has never really been polite.

6. EasyWriter

I have a post ready to go, but would like to address his response in it if one is coming. So, I guess I will give it a little more time. How much?

7. Little

Little Member

Oh, absolutely Elle, and I mean that sincerely.

Little

8. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

I think John Douglas is a religion-biased HAS BEEN.

In Mind Hunter, he briefly mentions his stint recovering from viral encephalitis in the early 1980's.- Actually he devotes a whole chapter to it, and incessantly reminds readers throughout the book that he was worked like a dog and got no respect from local police.

Anyway, back to what I was getting at...

The day after Douglas was admitted to the hospital, his wife and coworkers were told that his brain had been cooked from his fever reaching a temperature of 107 degrees, they apparently told his wife Pam to prepare for his death so she called in a priest to perform last rites, when the priest learned that he was a Presbyterian- he refused to perform the rites.

John Ramsey was a deacon at Peachtree Presbyterian Church in Atlanta sometime after he married Patsy, they were members of that church from at least their marriage until they moved to Boulder; here's the kicker- John Douglas was in that area working on cases like a mad dog around that time as well.

I know it seems like a longshot, but what if John Douglas went to Peachtree Presbyterian Church as well, and what if they knew him and THAT was the whole reason the book was purchased- the personal connection they felt was enough for them to buy the book to see if possibly they'd been included.

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

What makes me think there would be any left? Nothing! That's why I asked!

That reminds me: is anyone else disturbed by the fact that what Smit did to get his "evidence" was totally illegal? I know I am!

10. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, TP I wasn't too happy with this news either. There was something far wrong with this.

11. Elle

Elle Member

Nice to see you back JIC. You've been away too long. Miss your great posts.

Maybe it's time I bought Douglas' book.

From memory, John Ramsey supposedly met Douglas in a friend's office, but one never knows with the way he lies.

Are you planning on researching this JIC?

12. Elle

Elle Member

Cherokee, when I first read this, I immediately thought it was related to Cardiff in Wales, U.K. I looked it up and read the story about this stone giant in Cardiff, N.Y. Interesting story.
    I see George Hull, the man responsible for the hoax made a lot of money. Amazing the length he went to, to pull it off.

13. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Hi Ella!:wave: I missed you too!!

I've been a little busy lately but am trying to get back into the swing of things online, it's difficult to catch up!! I just saw the thread about John Douglas and had to pop my head in here and rant a little.

I had no idea John had met him anywhere but wherever they met when John Douglas did the 4 and a half hour "interview" with them. I just thought it was more than a coincidence that contained within that book, are several cases from the Atlanta area (even a couple from N. Michigan) that occured during the time that Patsy and John were living, working, and going to church all right there in the Buckhead region of Atlanta.

I certainly intend to re-read Mind Hunter and make notes about stuff as I go:tsmile:

14. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

If ready wouldn't give it more than a day :D Ok, I'm going to be honest, I am curious.

15. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

There is a signed agreement with Hunter that allows him to keep the evidence. See my post on page nr 5 of this thread. Also RR had a post on that subject at thread http://www.forumsforjustice.org/for...&pp=12&highlight=hunter+signed+agreement+smit

So I am wondering how illegal was the signing by Hunter. To my opinion very illegal.

Last edited: May 5, 2005
  16. Elle

Elle Member

In "Death of Innocence" page 108, John Ramsey is talking about the aftermath, of their lives having blown into a million pieces.

John Ramsey:

Trying to set these problems aside, I was anxious to continue assembling a team of experts as I had vowed I would do in the CNN interview. Our attorneys contacted John Douglas, the world's leading crime profiler and former FBI agent. He agreed to meet with us and our investigators.

Soon Patsy and I started hearing that Boulder County didn't have the funds to pay for some of the investigative work. Apparently DNA testing is expensive. We offered to pay for the DNA testing. Just get it done, was our feeling. We would also cover Douglas's cost if the police would use him to help. The police seemed to be quite baffled when their prime suspects were offering to pay for serious parts of the investigation. They must have concluded that our overtures were just another well-orchestrated scheme by the Ramseys to throw them off the track.

John Douglas did eventually receive a two-hour audience with two of the detectives who had been assigned to the case, Steve Thomas and Tom Trujillo. Douglas later described the meeting as he would have expected to encounter in a small town in Southern Mississippi in the 1960's. He characterized the Boulder police as cold, arrogant cops, challenging the credentials of the big-city outsider.
    ... .... .... ...

JIC, I probably read of the Ramsey's first encounter with John Douglas when the attorneys arranged the meeting.

17. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Well, Sylvia, Richard Nixon was kind of forced into letting Daniel Ellsberg keep and exhibit the "pentagon papers" after he stole them. He didn't want to, but in the end, that's how it happened. Nixon had ro real interest in having them retrieved. They covered his predecessors' administrations, not his, so maybe that was Hunter's way of getting back at the police who had hired their own law team. To be more specific, Smit's illegal act was committed when he took that material. Hunter just let him off the hook, legally. Never should have done that.

18. Elle

Elle Member

I now see why Delmar chose the title. :)

19. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Thanks for posting that Elle, it certainly puts one thing to rest for me. John Douglas has had lot's of trouble with "local police" giving him any respect. Saying stuff like "He characterized the Boulder police as cold, arrogant cops, challenging the credentials of the big-city outsider." couldn't have made them like him much more, it's easy to sense his negativity toward local cops in his books- he's always going on about how he can't afford to waste precious time doing profiles that local cops are "just going to shelve without any action."

I can understand why "local cops" would be unsure about his presence, good cops are suspicious of everything and everyone, even people like John Douglas who've got histories with the FBI and in law enforcement.

He could have been paid $50,000.00 to say whatever the Ramsey's wanted him to say, oh wait, he WAS.:thumbsup:

But he swears he returned the money so, whatever that's supposed to mean! He took it in the first place so he was basically paid to say what the Ramsey's wanted him to say, and the guilty pleasure for him was he was going over the heads of an entire team of investigators, he HAD the coveted time with the Ramsey's that the Boulder police needed so badly- and he rubbed everyones noses in it. That's a little....sadistic, isn't it?:sleuth:

20. Elle

Elle Member

Making statement like the one above won't endearJohn Douglas to policemen who work in many small towns in the U.S. What an arrogant boasting swine he is! I think I've just told you how I really feel JIC. :winkaway:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice