JB's grave revisited; weird stuff there...

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Greenleaf, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Aurora

Aurora Member

Greenleaf~

I too have been at JB's gravesite. It draws alot of people...especially in the warmer months. Did you happen to see if near Nedra if Ms. Patsy has chosen a headstone for herself? Sometimes when people are terminally ill they will do all the preparations. JB's site is not hard to find and when that barren tree with the angels blooms it is awe inspiring. Thanks for marking an anniversary of her becoming an angel. You'd think one of the family members would have laid wreaths or something to adorn the graves.

2. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I was thinking I'd read her parents (maybe just Patsy) visited on the 26th every year.

How do those cards stay like that? Doesn't the wind blow there?

3. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Kelly

Kelly, YES, I meant to say that there are FIVE PENNIES on the grave.

(One at the top of the grave, one at the bottom left corner and three just above the cross.) There is another correction I would like to make. After reviewing enlargements of my photos, I noticed that not all the angels on the tree, next to the gravesite, are in bad shape. In fact, some even looked rather new. So, although some are ragged, not all of them are.

Thank you, Tricia, for posting the pictures. I know you had to go to a lot of trouble to downsize them, as they were so large when I emailed them to you.

This first picture is exactly as I found the gravesite, including the little Christmas tree that was at the foot of the grave. I was careful not to disturb anything, and you will see, in the next pictures, the yew plant I left to the right of the grave.

Someone asked if there was anything there to indicate preparation for PR's eventual grave site. The answer is NO. In fact, there is not a spot next to JonBenet for Patsy, as Elizabeth's grave is the next space over from JB's. So, I assume that Patsy will be buried next to Elizabeth.

I appreciated all the nice comments. My daughter is a professional photographer and she has a great camera. However, some of the pictures I took with my new digital camera.

:leaf:

4. Greenleaf

Jc

The cards are taped (with clear tape) to the tomb stone. They seem larger than ordinary playing cards. Perhaps you can determine that in the next pictures Tricia posts for me.

:leaf:

5. Thor

Thor Active Member

Thanks for doing this Greenie. Very nice thing to do. Those things on the grave just spell weird to me.

6. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Tricia are you suggesting the musk ox pelt and matching end tables I sent you have no real meaning?

7. Greenleaf

8. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I wonder if the cards are more of an insiders thing with JB, kinda like Patsys heart in the hand.

The pennies remind me of when they used to put pennies on the eyes of dead people to pay their way to the other side, some kind of supersticious thingy.

9. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Yes Freebird - I agree about the pennies. Pennies on the eyes is an old one but so too is casting pennies in/upon a grave. I think it's odd that anyone would go to the bother of taping cards to the gravestone.

Let me indulge my imagination about the cards:-

Two hearts - there was a heart on JonBenet's hand and wasn't there one on the picture of John Ramsey?

Two clubs - weren't there two baseball bats? They are club shaped and would be described by some people as blubs.

Two spades - I can think of only one Spade!

Two diamonds - one theory for the marks on JonBenet is that they were caused by diamond rings - (who was the poster with the website about that?)

I'm not a card player - I've heard of a royal flush but is there a name for getting all four of a particular number?

Edited to add - perhaps the number two symbolises that someone thinks both her parents were involved.

Perhaps the person who left the cards will post and enlighten us?

10. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Greenleaf

That is a good photo of the grave. Many thanks to you and your daughter for taking the time and trouble to go there, bring a plant, and take photographs.

I expect to see this in the National Enquirer next week. Then you can sue them for copyright infringement. :pop:

11. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I'll try and post the others later.

My computer is so screwed up. I am having trouble getting into my picture thingy that lets me downsize.

I hate computers.

So...tell me again? Where are the flowers, cards, crumbs, from JBR's parents?

12. Kelly

Kelly Member

In that misguided book, DOI, there is a reference to JBR and cards. It's the only thing I've seen where the Ramsey's themselves make a reference to playing cards. It is in the photo section of the book, and it's called "The Queen of Our Hearts", Valentine's Day 1996. While it isn't the two of hearts, the only thing the Queen of hearts is in is a deck of cards.

By the way, many thanks Greenleaf for sharing.

13. Kelly

Kelly Member

Whoever killed JonBenet, tried to cover it up, and wrote that ridiculous ransom note, does have a disturbed mind.

Just a thought, IF Patsy is near the end of her life, she could be trying to leave a message "to the world," or considers this a way of confessing her sins, and redeeming herself. The way we think of confessing our sins, and the way someone like Patsy thinks of confessing may be at opposite ends.

14. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

OMIGOD GREENIE!! Tricia is selling my pelt on EBAY!!!

15. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

Greenleaf, what you wrote and did was BEAUTIFUL. I appreciate you and your daughter's thoughtfulness. What a nice thing to do.

Hey, Tea, here's another thought on the meaning of the cards. . .

"Let the cards fall where they may"

16. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

It was a lovely gesture to leave a little plant on behalf of the members of this forum.

It strikes me that there are many people who care so much for Jonbenet and who continue to seek justice for her - however ugly the truth may be.

NO-ONE should be given a pass on the evidence we have unless they have an unshakeable alibi.

It is sad that her grave seems neglected but you are right when you say that:-

"Being respectful, we did not wish to disturb the aforementioned items"

It is her family's responsibility to maintain her final resting place. No-one else should interfere with it. I remember too well how some people were outraged when the vanDams moved items which were left at the Dehesa tree. funny how these same people seem to think they have some almighty right to clean up the items at JonBenet's grave!

Perhaps some day I too shall visit the graveyard. If I do, I shall leave flowers - but I won't be interfering with anything on that plot of ground which is owned by the Ramseys. Not my place.

17. Elle

Elle Member

Freespirit, I think the same as Tricia. I don't think they mean anything at all, other than someone placing them there to make everyone think there's something sinister in them. There are a lot of strange people out there!

18. Elle

Elle Member

Bob, I took one look at that photo, and not knowing what it was, I thought I was looking at the back view of a "head and shoulders" of Arnold Swartzenegger. :) Then I realized it was a fur rug with a white patch. Hahahaha! Oops!

19. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

"Freespirit, I think the same as Tricia. I don't think they mean anything at all, other than someone placing them there to make everyone think there's something sinister in them. There are a lot of strange people out there!"

Yes, you two are probably correct in this. Isn't it sad that poor JonBenet has to have these morons defacing her grave in this strange manner instead of being so dear and respectful and Greenleaf was?

20. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Boy, that is despicable!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice