1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Patsy Ramsey is all puff and frill. She can only deceive the most ignorant and/or gullible people on earth. Even if the spiritual powers that be were to tattoo “GUILTY†on her forehead, there would still be a select few certified morons who would keep on following her to their mass- mutual- destruction.

GL
    :leaf:
    (My hives just reappeared)[/QUOTE]

Ah, come on, Greenleaf! Don't hold back! Tell us how you really feel!

So true. And if they really were able to figure out the truth, the RamFans would go into deeper denial than they already are in.

Jackie wrote the sound bite for all of them: DENY DENY DENY.

2. Quinn

Quinn Member

I too think it was wrong to make a man pay child support if she had any doubt at all the child was his. He should be reimbursed in full.

3. Tez

Tez Member

I am glad Amber came forward too. It was only a matter of time before the police found out about her anyway. They had Scaught's phone tapped early on. I am in no position to judge her morals, because we all make mistakes, and if my previous post sounded like I was judging her, I'm sorry.

I admire the whole Rocha/Grantski family. I can't even imagine going through what they went through.

4. Tez

Tez Member

According to what I read, the guy that she said was her daughter's father finally took a DNA test recently and it was determined that he couldn't be the father. So, obviously Amber had someone else on the side also. I haven't heard anything else about it. I think Amber is going to be ordered to pay back all the child support he paid over the years.

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

That's right, Tez, the man Amber named as her daughter's father, wasn't. If Amber knew this but took his money, anyway, that is reprehensible, not only to the man but to her daughter, as well. How confused this little girl must be - last week one man was her father, the next week a new man is her father. Gotta wonder what's going on in that little girl's mind.

6. Tez

Tez Member

Yes, you really have to wonder what her daughter thinks. And now that Amber and the father of her son are no longer together, you really have to wonder how confused Amber's daughter is.

Not only has she lost the man who she thought was her father, she has lost a set of grandparents also.

7. Niner

Niner Active Member

I've heard they ARE still together... over at WS. Also here's an article re Amber's "man" troubles:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/348343p-297266c.html

hoping that url is still there!

Truthfully - I think she just made an "honest" mistake in "who" the father was... :tsktsk:

8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

I have the book now and am reading it.

I will probably be booted out of the forum for saying all of this but so far I'm only in the middle of the book. The first part of Laci's early life and up til the time she met Scott is all good. I almost put the book down and forget about it when I got to the part where Sharon first met Scott. I'm not sure how to say this but I found her description of that meeting a hindsight perfect vision type of thing. Unless she kept a diary of that event and how she felt I just can't get around it somehow. What I'm trying to say is that she "suspected" Scott from the beginning with that first meeting. She sensed that somethig was wrong. On the face of it let's just look at the scene. Her daughter takes her to a favorite resturant for lunch where her prince charming is a waiter so her Mom can meet the guy. He is polite, charming and very sensitive to all Sharon's needs that day. He has flowers waiting on the table for them both. He does have other customers and takes care of them but never wanders far from Laci and Sharon. They finish lunch and he has been the perfect waiter and boyfriend to Laci. I'll bet that Sharon was thrilled that her daughter has found such a good guy. And then at home of course Laci wants to know what her Mom thinks of this prince charming and so forth. In the book Sharon clouds that event with a sort of doom. That is where I think the "hindsight makes perfect" comes in. I was disappointed in that a lot.

Now I'm the first one to cry over many things that most folks don't bat an eye at like commercials and patriotic songs and stuff. I bawl like a baby at certain parts of movies...but...so far I'm totally dry eyed and I''m in the middle of the book.

I have no doubt that this is a very sincere effort on the part of Sharon Rocha to tell her story. Her search for Laci in the very beginning was frantic and almost compulsive. She wore herself out and then some looking everywhere for Laci. I have to commend her for fighting so hard not to blame Scott at the very beginning. It wasn't until Sharon found out that Scott had a mistress that she then knew and could say it to herself that Laci was dead. She does describe Scott and his behavior very well. His sciopathic personality comes through nicely. I will finish the book because I want to hear how it all goes during the trial.

I also am somewhat stunned by the reactions of the Pertersons from the very beginning. It would seem that the two families were never very close from the wedding onward. Jackie Peterson is a difficult person I believe. She does have her health problems but I think she uses that as an attention getting thing also. There were reports when she was not on camera that the Oxygen tank was nowhere in sight and she did fine...She helped move out a lot of stuff from Scotts and Laci's house without the O2 tank and was lifting heavy stuff with no effort...or so that report went.

Well, fire away if you think I should be shot over this book. I will continue to read it to the end. Perhaps I will have changed my mind once I'm finished.

9. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Heh heh, bang bang, you're shot.

Sometimes people have a sixth sense about someone they meet - I think that may especially be the case when a mother is meeting her daughter's date for the first time. When a man is overly solicitous, I too might be a little suspicious.

I can't say whether Sharon decided there was something about Scott that put her off in hindsight or if she was really remembering some weird feelings about him at the time, but I can tell you that I have had those same kinds of weird feelings about some people in my life, and every one of them was being overly solicitous. I'm always suspicious when that happens, but maybe it's my distrust of most men, in general, haha.

10. Niner

Niner Active Member

yo RiverRat - TELL me this is NOT you:

is that you RR?? Tell me it IS NOT!! You don't believe that Scott is innocent... do you???

11. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

I had finished the book aa while ago now,

and meant to come here sooner with this. If any one of you are interested in reading and having this book I will be very happy to send it to you. Just IM me with your mailing address if you are interested.

My own response to this book isn't a good write up I'm afraid. It did chronicle a Mother's search for her missing daughter and then the trial of the perp, her son-in-law. I was disappointed in the book for several reasons one of them being, where did Sharon get all of those direct quotes? Did she keep a diary, a journal or tape recordings or what? As I've mentioned previously her vision was perfect re Scott because it was from hind sight. Or that is what I gather. I do hope she makes some money from the book because she will donate it to the cause for missing persons and the searchs for them.

I can't exactly express my feelings about the book except to say that it wasn't what I expected. Anyway I am more than willing to share it with anyone who wishes to read it. Oh and no I didn't even cry during my reading of the book. Strange eh!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice