Anyone seen this?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by The Punisher, Apr 21, 2006.

1. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Pointed to this site yesterday:

(Mind you, I have no idea if I'm doing this right to make it clickable)

http://jonbenetramsey.pbwiki.com

It's really quite good. A bit sparse in places (the section on fiber evidence leaves much to be desired, for example), but it's really quite good.

There was one part, and I just couldn't help but bring it to you guys:

"if any member of the family were staging, why was this not done much better? For example, why did they not leave an "obvious" means of entry and exit into the house? If John were involved in staging, why would he initially claim to police that he had checked all the doors that morning and found them all locked?"

I'm just an amateur, and even I can hack that one! What you have to remember about staging is that the person who does it is only going by what they THINK a real crime looks like. No staging is going to look the same. And as we know, nobody's infallible. As for John claiming he found the doors locked, that's easy, too. For the RN to work, it would have to be the first thing the person notices. Everything else has to appear, at first look, completely normal. That way, the shock is much more pronounced. Let's say "the intruder" leaves the door open. John wakes up. "Dang, it's awful cold in here! Hey, the door's open!"

Why do I think this? Because that's what I would have done.

2. Elle

Elle Member

I haven't opened your url yet, Punisher, but why would John Ramsey shut the window, he maintains he found opened, when this could have been classified as an entry by the police? Instead, he closes it and doesn't report it to the detective upstairs. Psychology coming into play here (?).

Have just opened it. I see this is related to Miss Marple who some posters are saying is Rainsong. I'm sure Jayelles was talking about this recently.

3. rashomon

rashomon Member

Exactly. Criminal profiler Greg McCrary pointed out that people who are no professional criminals themselves, when trying to stage a scene, usually do a very poor job because they have no idea of how a real crime scene looks like.

4. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Miss Marple is definitely not Rainsong. She's a he for a start. Rainsong has contributed to the wiki though (I think). She is definitely a wiki supporter anyway.

I think the wiki could be a great resource. It's uncluttered by opinion and argument. jameson is spitting her teeth out over it because it's looking to be a far better resource than her site. She's against it and says it's "BORG". That's jameson for you - unless it's pure por-Ramsey spin, ... it's "BORG" :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg:

5. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Lol!!!

"Why wasn't the staging done better?"

There shouldn't have been any staging at all, dumbass.

6. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, you did talk about this before, Jay. I remember the part about Jameson not being too happy. Spitting tacks all over no doubt.

Aw what a shame Miss Marple isn't Rainsong. :(

7. Elle

Elle Member

Hi, Bob! How's it going in Texas? Are you wearing a cowboy hat yet? Those Texans really like those hats. If I wore one, it would end up as a walking hat. :)

8. Aurora

Aurora Member

Bob

You are so right... someone is not the sharpest knife in the drawer...*LOL*

9. BobC

Right Aurora. I think we all agree that Patsy could have done a better job staging the crime scene--but that's not really the point.

Hi Elle--I'm not really the cowboy hat type. A hat would only dampen my natural fabulousness.

10. Little

Little Member

Now BobC, your natural fabulousness would certainly shine through no matter what sort of hat you wore!! At least that's what I've been told by your fan club here.

Little

11. Elle

Elle Member

Hahahahaha! Too hot on the head anyway!

12. BobC

Actually I have a really huge head--I really do. Almost no hats fit on it, seriously. I'm like a human Pez dispenser.

13. Elle

Elle Member

In that case, Bob, you and my husband are equal. He has problems finding hats that fit him. In fact, for fun, any time he's near men's hats, he'll stick one on his head for fun, and then make sure I see him, because He looks so ridiculous and I laugh out loud. :) He is a very intelligent man (retired engineer) so this is why you're a genius, Bob. :) More brains maybe (?)

14. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Considering the amount of times she's mentioned as an authority, I hardly see what she has to complain about. As for who has contributed to it, that's why it's public. It's still a fine site. People can go there and make up their own minds. My only complaint is that there are some parts I think could be expanded on.

"Criminal profiler Greg McCrary pointed out that people who are no professional criminals themselves, when trying to stage a scene, usually do a very poor job because they have no idea of how a real crime scene looks like.

Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice