mybelief's post

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Apr 26, 2006.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well, gosh, RR, let me think, let me think....

April, 2003.... Where was I? What was I doing that didn't involve hounddogging this case every day? Have there actually been spaces in time in the last 9 years when I missed something important? Didn't open a thread or read a lengthy article because I was having a real life and said, oh, I'll get to that when I have time...and didn't?

My god! Sssshhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone! My rep as the scumiest, truth-murderingest, lowest of the stupidest of the most-ignored-by-LE will be damaged beyond repair!

No...that never happened! I DID NOT SAY THAT! OH! Someone stole my hat and posted under it! Moab! WY! Investigate this right now! :fingers:

HEADS WILL ROLL!

Thank you for pointing this out to me, RR! Whew! Close call!

2. koldkase

Of course there is room for debate here. But somehow, when someone joins the forum as a new member and then starts out calling us a lynchmob, etc., etc., and then blowing us off with excuses about WHY S/HE WON'T ACTUALLY DEBATE THE REAL EVIDENCE...this person has just proven s/he is not here for debate, but to just throw rocks.

It could be Tracey. The lack of reasoning and logic is certainly on par with Tracey. Not to mention, the level of arrogance....

But I don't see Tracey posting here. We're barking mad to him, remember?

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Lurker - I LOVE it when you call 'em as you see 'em! This would be typical of the pranks we've come to know and love from those goofy Ramsey supporters......I was just thrown off because it wasn't under a Chief Beckner hat.

Ummmm, KK.....I checked the files and you were on assignment you know where for you know what when this article first graced our lives, so we will have to give you one of those John Ramsey Free Passes.

This Time.

RR

4. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Hasn't Tracey found another case to sink his fangs into?

5. mybelief

mybelief Member

Aurora

Thank you for the excellent post of Ryan Ross’ article – something well worth reading. I’ve seen this before and am aware of the information it contains. I only wish there were some fresh information available again, but it is still a very good read.

6. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Soooooo, if you consider the article "well worth reading" - then you should be able to understand why, especially here in America, the Ramseys are considered to have - at the very least - erected a wall between themselves and Justice for JonBenet.

We will close this year with the TENTH anniversary of her death. Ten Years. More than enough time has passed for John and Patsy sit down with a plate full of humble pie and acknowledge that only their constant, chronic, and accute inconsistancies (how similar to JonBenet's hymen) set the atmosphere and the pattern that will be used from here on out for other perfect murders in perfect towns all over the world......

RR

7. Aurora

Aurora Member

My Belief

Now you can see why we believe like we do. I feel that article sums it up very nicely. An accidental death and a decision to cover up is MY BELIEF, with the Ramsey's as the perps!

8. koldkase

Wait a darn minute....

Yourbelief, you said in your first post we based our lynching of the Rams on LITTLE OR NO ACTUAL EVIDENCE. But...NOW...you say you already KNEW of this article and the info in it....

I swear, that's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ramsey of you....

Just more lies and attacks.

That's the problem with "Ramsey supporters." Can't get your stories straight to save your life.

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Fortunately, some of us keep track of these things.

A tough bunch? Well, I certainly am. I find absolutely no use in trying to refute generalizations, no matter what. If someone wants to talk specifics, fine. I'll accomodate them. Otherwise, don't bother wasting time on me.

10. BobC

But...but the lynchings...

11. Elle

Elle Member

Mybelief,

Could you possibly be that lady walking around with an umbrella, singing a song in the rain, arm in arm with John Douglas getting all wet? No harm in asking!

Whoever you are, take that! :rs:

12. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Despite all the advanced education of the past forty-six years provided in this country, we have still become a society of trash-mag afficiondos.

Wow… and I thought I got “advanced education†at N.C. State and Duke back in the early 1950s.

It is somewhat amazing to find that a such a run-of-the-mill statement of support for the Ramseys should engender such outrage.

Actually I see a lot more resignation here than outrage. I think “run-of-the-mill†support for the Ramseys at FFJ these days elicits more “yeah, yeah, yeah†than “liar, liar, pants on fire†from FFJ “old timers.†I look-in over here on occasion just to see what new dead person has been accused of murdering JBR. You want to see outrage? Check the Current Events Forum when I comment on our Iraq “tar baby.â€

How are you doing, BobC? Are you still in the computer game business?

13. koldkase

Oh, so YOU'RE the secretary! Thanks for keeping track of our lynch mobs! That one must have been when we tried to hang the Rams as the main attraction at our Guttah Spring Festival 2003. We'd 'a had 'em, too, but somebody got the bright idea to award a bottle of Jack Daniels to the Greased Pole contest winner. Darn near killed ourselves on that thing! By the time it was over, not only had the Rams got clean away, but I was practically skinned!

Zotto got the Jack Daniels, as well! I'm sure she cheated!

Oh well, BobC, not to worry. You were voted as coordinator for the next lynch mob, so we await your instructions. It's rumored you're top drawer.

14. BobC

I can tie a slip knot better than Miss Patsy can, I'll tell you that! HEAR BOB TALKIN'!!!!!

Hi Shadow. Yes I am still doing videogames only this time I am in hellish Houston.

15. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

I'm crying fowl!! I was nowhere near that bloody greased pole contest. (A touch chagrined that the fete committee quashed my greased cane toad contest if you must know...but I'm not one to hold grudges.)

Must have been Vern up to his old identity fraud tricks...at the alleged time, I was peacefully running the chook raffle stall..... :hen:

16. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

That must have been when I was mud wrestling with BobC, because I don't recollect any greased pole. I remember the greased pig, though. He slipped out of that slip knot every time, greasy little dickens.

17. koldkase

[edit: Too much? Sorry. Sometimes the good old Southern white trash princess comes out in me. :glug: ]

So...who got the Jack Daniels? Vern?

Last edited: May 6, 2006
  18. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

News THE CAMPUS PRESS Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Tracey to pen new JonBenet book

Libby McCarthy
    Staff Writer

Michael Tracey, a CU journalism professor and JonBenet Ramsey expert, is delving yet again into the infamous murder case with a new book, promising readers “access to a body of evidence no one else has seen.â€

The book is titled “Shoes: The Killing of JonBenet Ramsey,†after the adage about standing in someone else’s shoes. Tracey hopes a manuscript will be ready by Aug. 6, the would-be 16th birthday of the murdered child, or by Dec. 26, in time to commemorate the 10th anniversary of her death.

As a visible yet controversial advocate of John and Patsy Ramsey’s innocence, Tracey said the information discussed in the book will further exonerate the couple.

Another theme the book will focus on is the media and public obsession with the case, which is one of Tracey’s academic interests as a professor. He said the story is important because it points out the problematic relationship between market forces and journalism.

“It’s an iconic story with all the values that define large parts of American journalism: sex, wealth and violence,†Tracey said.

“Market forces bring to the surface the ugliness of a culture and it doesn’t reflect well on that society’s values,†Tracey said, adding that a culture thriving off of tabloid journalism is “somewhere between tragic and hilarious.â€

Wumesh K C, a senior biochemistry major and long-time resident of Boulder, remembers the journalistic frenzy surrounding the murder.

“The story was newsworthy for the area. I take exception, however, to the size and scope of the coverage given the circumstances and merits of the event. The local coverage metastasized into media hysteria quite out of proportion with the enormity of the events,†K C wrote in an e-mail.

****snip****

Tracey said his preoccupation with the case began with the media bias that unduly targeted the family as the perpetrators. As a way of counteracting that bias, Tracey filmed three documentaries about the case. The first “destroyed the story that had been told by the media†and the second introduced the idea of an intruder. The third kept the case in the public’s consciousness. “Shoes†will augment the information discussed in the documentaries.

When asked why he thought the media and the public were so eager to implicate the Ramsey family as guilty, he answered simply, “people prefer comfortable lies to uncomfortable truths. If you tell a lie long enough it becomes a truth.â€

According to Tracey, his documentaries were some of the first to question the Ramsey’s involvement in the murder and these assertions became quite controversial. For example, on Web sites such as www.forumsforjustice.org, members criticize Tracey and his research. He has also received hate mail and threatening phone calls. He has even been subject to a campaign for the removal of his green card, according to Tracey, who is from England.

Public skepticism of his unpopular claims further indicates to Tracey the hysteria of the media, as well as the unhealthy fervor of a public that craves sensationalism and has an “almost pathological need to hate.†The biggest question Tracey has of the public is, “why the hate?â€

***snip***

Though he said he is eager to put the murder of JonBenet behind him, Tracey is currently focusing on the book and a possible ten-year anniversary special on Britain’s Independent Television (ITV).

“Whn [the crime] is solved it will be really strange. Really strange,†Tracey said.

19. koldkase

Is this your suggestion, Lurker, for a future lynch mob gathering?

Well...poor Tracey...we have pretty much tarred and feathered him for his stupid crocs...it's true. Nothing he didn't deserve, and more, with all the lies and slander he served up fully aware his so-called journalism was sub-standard. Sorry I missed out on the hate mail and threatening phone calls, but then, I'm unconscious a good deal of the time...this IS the guttah, after all.

But I didn't know Tracey had a green card. All these years here, working at the U of C, and he hasn't even bothered to become a US citizen? Well, it's all good. We don't want him anyhow. :p

But to lynch or not to lynch...that is the question....

20. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

what an idiot

Tracey doesn't know anything of human nature if he thinks it's more comfortable to believe the parents did it rather than believe an intruder did it. I think everyone would rather believe JB's last living moments weren't filled with the horror of seeing her mom/dad's angry face while they killed her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice