911 Call Lies

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Barbara,

Imagine, if you will, detectives trying to deal with this lot, with friends, minister and cops arriving all close to each other. It was planned this way, Barbara, for sure, wasn't it? We all know that!

2. heymom

heymom Member

And, you would be asking that child if he or she heard or saw anything unusual, different, if there were any noises in the night, anything that could help figure out what happened. Since that child is presumably closest to the room where the other child went missing, he or she would be the person the police would want to question intensely, no? Either of my sons would naturally be upset and concerned about his brother being taken, but he would also want to help in whatever way he could.

The Ramseys did not act normally in the situation they had set up, NEVER ONCE.

Heymom

3. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

4. Spade

Spade Member

Koldcase

dleted by spade

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  5. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Well, sorry to tell y'all, but I don't believe the enhanced tape was ever played on Geraldo or anywhere else. If it had been, it would have been BIG news, and there isn't a single archive of ANY newspaper reporting it.

Additionally, that date, "August 21, 1998" was only a couple weeks after Steve Thomas resigned. Thomas most certainly would have known if the tape had leaked out to any media outlet. The leaking of the tape is not in Thomas' book, and one of you even asked Thomas in a chat room if the tape had been played on Geraldo (the APB chat I believe) - his response was 'not that I know of'.

Years ago I remember a poster saying that Geraldo played the fake enhanced tape from the PMPT movie on his show, possibly during his "mock trial" of the Ramseys. Perhaps that is what people really remember hearing. (Someone else said there was no enhanced tape in the PMPT movie. I don't know remember because I only saw the movie on TV and don't own the video.)

6. Spade

Spade Member

What I heard

deleted by spade

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  7. Tril

Tril Member

I heard it too, but when I said so on WS soon afterward, I was told by other posters that it must have been a fake enhanced tape.

Whatever. That doesn't alter the fact that there exists an actual enhanced 911 tape containing the voices of John and Burke.

8. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Who and why

Why was it redacted? To cover for the Rams lying the Burke was sleeping?

Why then so much later did they say he WAS awake.

Who redacted it? and who all knows this?

why did they want everyone to believe he was asleep. Wouldn't it make more sense to say they woke him?

Who paid off Gerlado?

9. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

If I recall correctly......and I do........there was NO leak of information regarding the 991 call until it was handed over to Alex Hunter's office - and it was for that very reason why the BPD did not want to reveal the info to the DA.

And - I hate to even go there - but I heard it too. And it was not a reenactment. It was pure Patsy and the same conversation and tone of voice that is on the 911 version we have. This was before I hit the forums so 98-99 would be the time frame.

10. Tril

Tril Member

Burke said in the Schuler interviews that he was awakened by loud voices during the 911 call, but that he had stayed in bed. (PMPT pb pp. 677-678) Given that his voice is on the tape, why did he lie about this? And what else might he have lied about during the interviews?

Later in 1998, Jim Jenkins, Burke's attorney, said that possibly Burke had gotten out of bed and gone to the head of the stairs. (PMPT pb pp. 678-679)

The Rs said Burke was asleep so he wouldn't be questioned. When it was revealed that Burke admitted being awake, John and Patsy were forced to admit he may have been. But not that his voice was on the tape.

11. tylin

tylin Banned

Heymom,
    Absolutely. I'm in total agreement with you.

Oh and Bluestrat,
    I HEARD THE 911 TAPE...I know what I heard and I know it was played on Geraldo. I know I heard ole Patsy and her "Help me Jesus" and I heard John and a young child's voice who I'm thinking was Burke since no other kids were in the house that night/am.

12. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

I thought

I thought Burke said he woke up during the night because he heard loud voices.

13. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Do you remember who the guests were that night? I think one was Craig Silverman. I have thought of emailing him and asking him about it. Since you're there, if you have connections, maybe you could talk to him...?

Just an idea. I'm not giving up on someone from/on that show telling the truth someday. I'm having my tombstone inscribed:

I HEARD IT ON GERALDO!!

:fg:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  14. koldkase

Do y'all like our new sign, complements of RiverRat and Moab? :fg:

What I heard on Geraldo was ONLY the enhanced 911 portion of the tape. He didn't play the entire call. When Wood got the original 911 call aired years later, I was shocked because it had been a long time, but I could NOT remember Patsy's breathless voice, or the operator's. I was about to post that I must have been wrong all those years...until ol' gutter candy posted at CS the portion of the Bonita Papers that Spade sent her, with the whole enhanced tape saga. That's when I realized that in fact, what I had heard WAS REAL and IT WAS NOT THE WHOLE TAPE, with Patsy panting and the dispatcher questioning her, but only the enhanced part, which would have dropped out Patsy and the dispatcher's voices to turn up the volume on the background ones. So my memory was true to the separate, enhanced tape played on Geraldo.

You see, it was so long ago, and when I heard the enhanced tape on the show, I really didn't think that much about it. As I've said many times, I wasn't online, I was just a true crime reader and interested in the JB case, like everyone else, wondering when they'd solve it and arrest the killer. Not one person in my world was remotely interested in this topic, so I never talked to anyone about it. Nada. So I think it must have been that one afternoon that I heard the commercials for Geraldo's show, saying he was going to play the tape as an exclusive. I watched Geraldo for the OJ trial. I watched him for the Clinton scandal. I watched him every night for the segments I was interested in. So that night, they played the enhanced tape first, I believe I remember. The whole segment lasted maybe 10 minutes. The "translation" was put up on the bottom of the screen as the tape was played a few times. Geraldo said he couldn't tell what they were saying, and his guests were rather bland and agreed. I also agreed. There were two voices I could hear, but what they said I could get the rhythm and tone, hear the change in inflection, pitch, etc., but not the words. So they ended that segment and went on to something else and I wasn't interested and turned it.

Now, 911 calls are released all the time on TV. It was interesting because of the questions about the crime and the enhanced tape. But honestly, I really had no idea how precious that airing was. Never once did it occur to me that I had heard something unique that would vanish and become so disputed, not to mention, get insulted for stating I heard it.

But it was so blah that I just didn't give it another thought at the time. I probably expected the whole original 911 tape to be played soon, because that's what happens all the time. LE releases them. No big deal. But no, I don't remember being surprised it wasn't played again on other shows, or that the original 911 call didn't come out quickely, because I truly didn't even think about this case everyday back then. It was just something I followed when I heard about it on TV or read articles about it in major mags like Newsweek and Vanity Fair, which I had a subscription to both. In those days, I was even above BUYING tabs. My dad got the NE by subscription, so sometimes when I went to visit him, I'd read anything on the case in them, but I was truly a hypocrite about it and felt very guilty for reading such "garbage." Thought Dad was a bit gullible for reading that trash mag. hahaha Before he died, I ended up hauling his old mags back to my house to read whatever I could find on the case. Oh, he'd have a laugh at me now, wouldn't he? ;)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  15. Tril

Tril Member

Here you go, KK. Take your pick. heh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. koldkase

HAHAHAHA It's a hard choice. Maybe we should take a vote.

:fg:

17. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

This is from the same National Enquirer article. Note the contradictions in red:

Burke has been strangely quiet about his sister's murder, the Ramseys reveal. They say it wasn't until Burke's 1999 grand jury testimony that they found out he was awake before police arrived -- but was pretending to be asleep.

"Yeah, he testified to that. We thought he was asleep but he wasn't," said John, who had told police their son slept through the tragedy.

A source close to the case declared: "It's hard to believe that John and Patsy didn't find out until two and a half years after the murder that Burke was awake.

"I know the reaction of the cops will be: 'Why didn't Burke tell them? Why couldn't he discuss his sister's death with them? Was it because Burke knew more than he dared to say about his parents' involvement?'

Whatever the reason, John and Patsy have changed their story.

When asked when Burke woke up, John said it was after Patsy discovered the ransom note shortly after 5:30 a.m. Then he quickly changed his answer to say Burke woke up after the 911 call.

But then John changed his story again, calling The ENQUIRER as we went to press to say that Burke was awake BEFORE the 911 call. John told us:

"Burke recalled his mother screaming, 'Where's my baby?' and me saying, 'Calm down, calm down, we need to call the police.'"

John's admission that Burke was awake came after The ENQUIRER revealed to him and Patsy the details of our earlier exclusive report that Burke's voice is heard on an enhancement made of the 911 call. The youngster says, "What did you find?" and "What do you want me to do?"

John Ramsey tells his son, "We're not talking to you."

But Patsy still insists: "When I made that phone call, Burke Ramsey was nowhere in the vicinity of the telephone."

18. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I love the tombstones!

John and Patsy caught in one of their many lies....and by the Enquirer no less....no shamrock cookies for the Enquirer.

19. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

That NE article is LOADED with stuff bad for them, isn't it?

20. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

The interviews that were sold to the Enquirer didn't make them look too good either, so I can only imagine the things that Susan Bennett TOOK OUT before the sale.

Must be great stuff!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice