A little quiz

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by icedtea4me, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Moab, I remember reading this now, thank you, but haven't heard any more on it. They did state there was some blood present too, if I remember correctly. I must research this again. Something must have caused the bleeding, but don't think this coating would have caused it (?). Hopefully, someone else might know more.

2. Elle

Elle Member

Moab, Just checked the autopsy. You were right!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/jonbenet1.html

3. wombat

wombat Member

"Birefringent" From the American Heritage Dictionary

bi·re·frin·gence
    n.
    The resolution or splitting of a light wave into two unequally reflected or transmitted waves by an optically anisotropic medium such as calcite or quartz. Also called double refraction.

bire·fringent adj.

Relating to or characterized by double refraction.

What does this mean? JonBenet had some kind of stuff in her, which is not described and could have been from anything, as far as the autopsy report says. I wonder why LE concluded that this was from the paintbrush.

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I don't think it was a wood splinter. I think it was something that flaked off the paintbrush - perhaps a flake of dried paint or varnish or a combination or the two.

One wouldn't need a paintbrush handle to cause bleeding in that area. Anything, including a finger, that breached her hymen could cause bleeding.

Consider this - when the paintbrush was broken by the perp to fashion the fake garotte (and, it was fake), then would have been the most likely time for the dried paint/varnish/whatever to flake off the paintbrush onto the perp's gloved hand (or bare hand, for that matter, though I tend to think she was wearing a glove).

Further staging may have included the insertion of a finger, thus leaving behind the birefringement material in her vagina.

This subject makes me want to puke.

5. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I think the use of the word here means it was a substance which split away from whatever it was most likely bonded to, such as the urethane coating of the paintbrush.

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

That's what I meant. Didn't I say it right? LOL

7. wombat

wombat Member

According to the dictionary birefringement only refers to double refraction of light. There had to be a leap to get to the conclusion that this material was from the paintbrush.

8. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

somewhere

One time eons ago it was mentioned in an interogation or a newspaper article that a small piece or chip of wood was found there. Wish I had kept track of the source of this info but vaguely I think it was from an article from a colorado newspaper.

9. Elle

Elle Member

I have also read the same information elsewhere, Texan. Who knows, Maybe one of us will fall over it somewhere.

WY This subject makes me want to puke too. It's just the thought of it all - right?

10. Elle

Elle Member

A little bit more of the same ... ...

11. Elle

Elle Member

What a sad situation this must have been. On Patsy's 40th birthday, she was involved in the following situation of deciding which pageant dress to put on JonBenét for her funeral, and so concerned if there were any bruises on her arms. Good grief!

12. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

omigosh

Thanks for the darling avatar! Moab, did you do that? :hiya:

13. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Yes I did...cute little poochie, eh?

14. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Now, I ask you good people: why would a grieving mother care if there were bruises? Did she CAUSE them? Did she have good reason to worry?

15. Brefie

Brefie Member

Hi!

This is my first post here at FFJ. I am a long time member of WS. :D

I have to be honest, although I believe Patsy to know exactly what happened to her daughter, I believe an innocent woman would do the same thing.

God forbid my (future) children will be murdered, but in Patsy's shoes, I would not want signs of violence showing on my child at the wake.

I wouldn't want anyone to remember her like that.

16. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Hi, Brefie, I am an admirer of WS. I love the new face it has!

As a mother, I probably would have had a closed casket funeral.

17. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Good Morning All,

A big welcome to Brefie. However I have to disagree with you on this point of the bruises on the arms. If JB were my child and I was innocent of her murder I think I would want the whole world to see her bruises and then some. Why hid what someone else did to her. Yes, I would be so outraged to think some pervert did this to my child that I'd scream it to the hills and back again....."Look what someone did to my baby". But then that is just me. The very fact that Patsy is concerned with the appearence of her dead daughter is yet again one of her many flaws...Patsy is concerned with appearences not substance but how it will all look. She of the most perfect one herself! NOT!

18. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I do have one question.

I remember some of the Bonita papers' history. Said employee of a law firm in Denver (?) somehow absconded with notes from her firm, allegedly taken from the case police files. Then HER nephew (?) stole those from her and made a nice bundle selling the info to tabs...?

I gotta' tell you, it makes me queasy.

But having said that, just WHO provided the "Patsy asked John" and "John said such and such" info here?

I mean, lord knows a BORG like me wants to know all the best gossip...but this information seems questionable to me.

If I KNEW that Patsy had asked John about bruises on JonBenet and he "assured her" there were none, then I'd want to know just how John knew that? Did he see the body that clearly when he brought her up? After all, JonBenet was found in a LONG-SLEEVE SHIRT. How would he notice bruising or no bruising on the arms in such detail? (We have never heard ONE COMMENT from anyone that anyone in the house that afternoon noticed the GARROTE hanging off her neck, except maybe Arndt.) Or did John see her after the autopsy, or undressed at the funeral home in Boulder? I have an uncle who buried 2 sons and he requested seeing both of them while they were being prepared at the funeral home. (Don't ask. Alls I know is the first died of an aneurysm at 24 and was found 2 days later alone in his apt., so there's that. The other had a long and carefully monitored illness. My uncle was very weird, a farmer/curmudgeon/miser character straight out of Moliere.)

So...I have some questions IF in fact the claims of what Patsy said to John, and vice versa, are true. But I have to apply the same logic to this that I apply to any analysis of this case: is this gossip or is it sourced?

And I may have just forgotten this info. Anyone who wants to prove they're BORG and ENLIGHTEN me, I'd be grateful.... :confused:

19. Brefie

Brefie Member

Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome!

Believe me, I do not hold Patsy in (even remotely) high regard AT ALL, and I am all too aware about how she loves to put her best foot forward (Jackie O veil, anyone??), but I gotta say, I would have done the same thing.

But that's the point of these great boards, I guess - to respectfully discuss.

This is gonna be fun!! :D

20. Elle

Elle Member

Quite frankly JC I thought it was bizarre that Patsy would even want JonBenét in one of her pageant dresses. Pam Paugh brought back a few from 755 15th Street for her to choose from. I believe in closed caskets too, JC.

I cannot face an open casket. When I was four years old, a lifetime ago, I was lifted up to view my mother in an open casket, and remember it very clearly, and to this day I refuse to go to a viewing. I would prefer to remember the person the way they were, alive and happy, not stiff in a wooden casket. jmo, of course.

Up here in this area, more people are opting for private family funerals, with a special gathering later for friends, to celebrate the life of the friend they knew and loved. I think this is very sensible way to go. People turn up at funerals who haven't bothered to visit the deceased in many years. Why would they want to go and see them when they're dead? Do they have to see them for themselves before they'll believe it? This I cannot understand.

Jumping off soapbox ! :( Hoping I have not offended anyone here.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2006
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice