Another Pending JBR Documentary in the UK

Discussion in 'The Truth About Colorado University Journalism Pr' started by tempester, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Never mind the Campaign for Quality Television, how about the Campaign for Truthful Television?

BTW, there was an excellent documentary on just after it about a man who wakened from a coma after 20 years - that WAS good.

Having watched 75% of The Evil Twist, I now understand why it wasn't recommended by the TV guides!

Why can't someone just make an honest programme telling ALL of the facts and let viewers make their own minds up? It doesn't do this case any good at all to smudge or omit facts. Do Mills and Tracey think the British people don't read the Internet? Do they think we are incapable of researching facts for ourselves? I know Michael Tracey thinks people who do that have a genetic problem.... but the fact is that if you are told one thing and later find out it was only half the story (or a misrepresentation of the truth) it will end up having the OPPOSITE effect to what you set out to achieve.

2. Jayelles

jameson said :-

Uhm.... did they cut that bit out? John did say that he only saw Patsy cry twice - once when she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and again just before she died because she knew they couldn't do any more and that this was it.

There was film footage of Patsy at home during her treatment.

One odd thing and I need to watch it again to get a hold of this. The documentary claimed that Karr's e-mails stopped in 2004 (note this would have been while they were filming the Gigax doc) but started again when it was announced that Patsy's cancer had come back. Didn't Patsy's cancer come back before that? I know she had several rounds with the disease between 2002/2003 up until she died, but it came across as though they were suggesting she had been free from the disease and that this was the catalyst from briging Daxis back out of the woodwork.

3. Jayelles

I have now watched the portion I missed. Not only does the documentary omit the FACT that it is a matter of public record that the DNA might not be the killer's.... they actually claim it IS the killer's DNA.

Why are they so dishonest? They could have reported that the DNA might not be the killer's, but then add that they believe it is. It's appalling.

Oh and they also used the "no footprints in the snow"!

4. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

For pity's sake, John keeps demonstrating that, when it came to his wife, Patsy could have slit Burke's throat right in front of him and John would not have noticed, or he is lying for reasons unknown. Let us look at references in John's and Patsy's own book DOI on the subject of crying and Patsy, shall we?

Page 106, Patsy on watching Burke's first formal case interview with a psychologist: For two hours, the psychologist probed Burke’s mind while the detectives sent in questions. Every so often Linda Arndt would come into the break room to reassure me. I just couldn’t believe that I was sitting in a child advocacy center, where my son was being interrogated about the death of his little sister. At times I would begin to cry and shake uncontrollably.

Page 113: Jay Elowsky‘s home was a bachelor’s pad, and since Jay wasn’t there during the day, the house maintained a sparse quality. Located out on the prairie in North Boulder, the home’s interior was close to bare bones with little silverware, no coffee pot, few chairs, and one sofa. I didn’t really pay much attention because most of the time I slept to avoid facing the ugly pictures my mind kept showing me of what had happened to our daughter. Dropping into a medicated sleep shut everything out, but when I woke up the reality of my loss ht me all over. I cried constantly and felt beyond awful. John and I were so thankful that the women of St. John’s and other churches in Boulder began providing a hot meal for us each evening.

Page 144, Patsy on having her pubic hair samples taken: Until I saw the puffy red hearts on the nurse’s sweatshirt, I hadn’t even realized that we were on the eve of another Valentine’s Day. The longer I looked, the more the sight of her shirt made me miss JonBenet, and I started crying.

Page 155, Patsy on staying at the Stine house: After dinner I would usually excuse myself and retreat to our bedroom. Then I would choose one of the books on grief or faith that people had sent us, and read a few pages before crying myself to sleep.

Pages 172 and 173, Patsy on shopping for houses in Georgia, in particular one on Habersham Road in Georgia in 1997: In the past I’d always enjoyed looking at houses and inspecting every nook and cranny, but my enthusiasm just wasn’t there now. Crying still seemed to occur far more than I would have imagined possible. ... I tried to find a place to sit down outside because I was beginning to shake. The afternoon was slipping away, and I was tired from all we'd done that day. The trembling abruptly became more violent and I started crying. Without warning, a panic attack engulfed me in fear. John helped me to the car, and our realtor suggested we call it a day.

Page 174, Patsy on being at Lovett School once Burke was enrolled there: No matter where I went, I found myself thinking of her all the time. I loved JonBenet so much that it was impossible not to think about the “what ifs.†Little incidents around a school brought things she had done to mind. Sometimes I’d cry; occasionally I’d smile.

Page 243, the "you need Christmas more than anyone" chapter: As the boiling anger in my soul came to a head, I rushed into the bedroom and slammed the door. “I hate Christmas!†I screamed. I dropped on the bed and yelled at God or anyone else who would listen, “I absolutely don’t want to ever hear about Christmas again!†I beat on the bed and broke down sobbing uncontrollably. I have no idea how long I cried, but eventually the frustration subsided and my mind cleared a bit. In the silence that followed my anguished outburst, I looked at the ceiling, mindlessly staring and sighing.

Page 263, Patsy on her 1997 interview: I talked about getting up, finding the note, and the chaos that followed. Eventually I came to the moment when I saw JonBenet for the first time, lying beneath the Christmas tree, her arms over her head and her eyes closed. I was so overwhelmed by the memory that I started crying and couldn’t stop. The two detectives sat across the table, staring at me, without even suggesting a break. I guess they thought they must have broken me and a confession would soon follow. I have no idea how long I cried, but it was certainly a long time.

Page 274, Patsy on her 1998 interview: At one point, Tom Haney started insisting that JonBenet had been sexually abused and began speaking very harshly. I told him that no one had ever said that this claim was a fact. I would have known if she had been sexually abused. I shot a horrified look at Pat Burke, my attorney. “This just isn’t true,†I cried, with tears spilling down my face. Pat intervened and told Haney that sexual abuse was not a proven fact and that they were unduly upsetting me. After that, Haney backed off this subject.

Justified or not, Patsy herself painted her own public-relations image to the world as a weak and helpless person in the wake of JonBenet's murder who cried constantly at the slightest little thing, with even Christmas decorating capable of setting her off. That is at odds with John's potential revisionist history attempts to now paint her as so very strong that only twice did she cry, and then only in the face of her own death.

(Unless, of course, he is correct, and she did only cry twice, in which case Patsy lied knowingly and in volume through DOI, and such a person who could create this fictional image of herself was also capable of creating the fiction of the "good mother who would never kill her own daughter.")

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I would say that JR has selective memory. But, not only does the Ramsey book discredit Ramsey's statements about seeing Patsy cry, so too do some of the films of their interviews where JR is shown embracing Patsy as she appears to cry. I say "appears" because Patsy was so phoney, it's hard to tell if those tears were real or fake.

This could also be an indication of how little John Ramsey really knew about his wife.

6. Amber

Amber Member

Didn't the world see her cry on CNN when she said 'hold your babies close?'

7. Jayelles

He might have been referring to her crying about her cancer since they were talking about her death?

8. heymom

heymom Member

As fake as a $3 bill. She was "crying" without tears, like Susan Smith did. I'm willing to bet it's the same kind of phony emotion she displayed on the morning of 12/26.

9. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

And what genetic problem would that be ... intelligence and critical thinking skills? Heaven forbid anyone actually have THOSE horrible traits because they are so much harder to brainwash with lies and half-truths.

Michael Tracey is an arrogant condescending meglomanic. From on high, he disseminates his version of the truth to the masses and expects them to swallow it whole hog, no questions asked BECAUSE HE SAID SO.

Tracey and his dishonest campaign to clear the Ramseys make me sick.

10. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

I would love to get a copy of this Jayelles. I can then arrange to get it to some of the others who are interested. Or if you do send it to Why_Nut instead, then .... Why_Nut, can you sent me a copy?

I can do it from a VHS or DVD either way :)

I'm not sure if you still have my addy Jayelles, but if you don't sent me e-mail at acandyrose@aol.com and I can send it to you. Same with you Why_Nut.

ACR

11. Jayelles

Wahhhh!

I am trying ACR (and WN if you are reading this). My PC keeps stopping the burning process at 3% and I don't understand why. It *might* be because my pc goes into hibernate mode and this might be interfering with the burning process. I've tried three times now.

All is not lost though. I have it saved on the tv's skybox and *technically* we should be able to create a video from that. However, we don't have a video player in the living room but *technically* we could attach one and tune it in. There's a video player here in my study which isn't doing anything and I think it works.

Oh dear. My problem is that I rarely watch tv and I've never tuned or programmed a video player in my life. I'll not give up though. I'm sure I'll find a way. Actually, I think I might be able to download it from Channel 4's website. Now there's a thought.

Leave it with me. Sorry I'm rambling.

12. Jayelles

The Brits are rebelling at WS. A few Brits have joined the forum specifically to post their disgust about the documentary.

13. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

What operating system are you running? If it is XP, I might be able to instruct you in how to turn hibernation off.

14. Cherokee

Hooray for the Brits!!! :uk: :jumpie:

Tell them to come on over here and join the gang. We'll even put on a nice pot 'o tea for them.

15. Jayelles

I figured out how to switch hibernation off , did so and set it to run again. I'm not at home at present but will see how it goes in a few hours. fingers crossed. It was at 2% when I left home. If it is stuck at 3% when I get home, I'm stumped and will see if I can get it off the skybox instead.

I must apologise in advance though. Both the skybox and pc started recording a few minutes beforehand and have both recorded the last few minutes of Gordon Ramsey's F Word. He's the most foul mouthed man on tv and there will be several Fs for sure in the last two minutes of his show.

16. Jayelles

Earl Grey? Seriously though. This cannot go on. It's an insult.

17. Cherokee

Absolutely, Earl Grey! ;)

And you're right. It IS an insult. Tracey must have a horribly low opinion of his fellow countrymen to try to pass off such biased garbage not just once, but FOUR times!

18. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I think it's his high opinion of himself that allows him to do this, Cher. He is narcissistic to the max.

19. Jayelles

No luck. That was 3 hours and I came home and it's stuck at 3%. Something is not right. Plan B.

20. Jayelles

BINGO!

I have found the file on my hard disk but I've now run out of DVDs! The file actually opens in Windows Media Player when I double click it. I'll buy some more DVDs tomorrow and try again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice