Answering Candy

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Barbara, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

:violin: :violin:

What is the obvious answer to all the whining by yourself and Darnay :baby: is that if Darnay had all these problems to overcome, he should have just dropped the suit and either took the time to do it right, or left it alone. However, his own ego must have prevented him from doing that, so in exchange, he looked like a fool and SOLELY because of his own machismo, gave the RST their endless ammunition of Carnes' report that they repeat like a wounded parrot

Darnay is responsible, plain and simple. Instead of owning up to his own lack of responsible lawyering, it is easier to whine about Steve Thomas, Fleet White, the "experts", "they wouldn't let....., they wouldn't let........, blah, blah" :violin:

Grow up and face the facts. :idea:

Darnay should have just dropped the suit when it was plain that he wasn't getting what he needed and not given a free pass to the "Carnes ruling". Better to drop the lawsuit than to forfeit because you failed to show up, failed to do what was needed BEFORE the actual court date.

Dropping the suit would have been preferable to losing it via forfeiture :snake:

2. Barbara

I'm sure Chris Wolf must still be slapping himself uttering "what was I thinking?"

BUT, there's always Darnay's softer, more human side to reason why he tried to SELL his interviews, rather than to help HIS CLIENT: Someone had to pay for the white limo to pick Joel Steinberg up from prison. Like Karr, he shouldn't have to travel like a peon!

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh, is "a Michigan woman" still whining about her precious Darnay getting his butt handed to him by Lin Wood?

Gutter candy is one of those people who will NEVAH accept responsibility for being aligned with a LOSER of a case. She thought she'd finally hit the "I POSTED IT 13 MINUTES BEFORE ANYONE ELSE" jackpot with the Wolf suit, but then she ended up with egg on her face. She's been blaming Thomas and White non-stop since, when the truth is that DARNAY BLEW IT. He didn't have the money to do a decent job on the case, even if he knew how...and judging from the depositions with Wood there in person with his support team and Darnay on the PHONE trying to keep up, Darnay wasn't skilled as a lawyer.

Of course, when you have the prime suspect in an infamous child murder UNDER OATH and YOU LET HER LEAVE HER DEPOSITION WITH A COUPLE OF HOURS TO SPARE...you really aren't much of a lawyer, are you?

I will always be grateful for what did come out of those depositions, though. Anytime the Ramseys were talking about the case, they were revealing how duplicitous they have been from day one. So while I'm sure Wolf felt the tire tracks of that ol' bus rolling over his hide AGAIN, courtesy of Darnay, it wasn't a total loss for those who really want a child killer brought to justice.

Except for having to listen to gutter candy whine about it for eternity and blame everyone ELSE.... :kmg:

4. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Barbara,
    I knew Darnay was going to lose that lawsuit from day-1. Darnay was posting on one of the forums as "NYL" at the time, and when people asked him about it, he made a comment to the effect of: "we can prove Patsy wrote the note, and that's all we have to do to win". (paraphrased)

In theory, Darnay was right - but the BPD couldn't prove Patsy wrote the note and arrest her, so how could Darnay even begin to believe HE could. I thought to myself, "This guy can't REALLY be that stupid!"--Sadly he is.

Lin Wood threw a mountain of Intruder BS and case myths at Darnay and he was COMPLETELY unprepared to challenge any of it. When the bottom fell out of Darnay's 'Patsy wrote the note' effort, the only thing left for Carnes to consider was all of Wood's intruder BS.

Candy can tell all the lies she wants about Thomas and Fleet, but if anyone wants to see just what a joke of a lawyer Darnay is, all they have to do is read the depos. Any poster here could have asked more important questions then Darnay did.

5. koldkase

Personally, I was hoping "a Michigan woman" finally might have found herself a single man...one truly worthy of her.... :floor:

6. Barbara

KK,

Please provide a credible source that shows that she ever STOPPED whining

hehe

7. koldkase

Ha! I've done the impossible many times in my life...being a mom and all...but THIS...I am defeated! :pcguru:

8. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Candy says of Thomas: "He cut and ran and paid off the Ramseys via his publisher."

In Candy's weak little mind; when Thomas' lawyer said to him, "Steve, take this deal, you won't have to pay a dime", Thomas should have said, "Oh NO!--I'm not taking any deal--I want to go to court and spend every penny I own supporting you lawyers!". :floor: :floor: :floor:

9. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Darnay Hoffman didn't even have the sense to show up at the depositions in person so he could look the person directly in the eyes. He conducted his part via speaker phone.
    :moron:

10. Barbara

Candy says of Thomas........

Candy says of Darnay.........

Candy says of Fleet White.......

Candy says of the DA..........

Candy says of Jameson...........

Candy says of................

CANDY has an awful lot to say of those who won't come forward

Whatever will Candy say about DARNAY HOFFMAN not issuing some sort of public statement regarding the Wolf lawsuit or the NE deal that Bennett received instead of him?

DARNAY had a large, loyal support group helping him on the JBR forums and enjoyed his status as NYL when he was posting, being the legal guru for many of us. He was rooted on and had the respect and high regard of many a poster. He led us all to believe that HE was gonna do the job everyone else was afraid to do.

When all was said and done, all there was left was CANDY's excuses and rationale as to why and what happened.

He didn't even have the decency to come on the forums or even to issue a statement through his beloved assistant Candy to the loyal posters who supported him when he was looking for (cough, cough) justice.

11. koldkase

Wood set a trap in the Gideon Epstein deposition and when he sprung it on Darnay, Wood had bought and paid for Darney's own witness. It was a smart piece of lawyering, and Darnay was left sputtering and begging to question his own witness by the end.

Then Wood humiliated Darnay, adding insult to injury. I actually felt sorry for Darnay when I read that transcript. A little.

But Darnay left his own witness dangling while Wood played every angle to discredit him. Epstein is a handwriting expert with first class credentials, totally credible, and he minced no words that he determined Patsy wrote the note. Wood worked to shake his testimony any way he could, but the guy held up well, WITH NO HELP FROM DARNAY.

Yet by the end, Wood had paid the man to be there and was being thanked and deferred to because WOOD PAID HIS FEE AFTER ESTABLISHING THAT DARNAY WOULDN'T.

One can't read this deposition and not think, poor Wolf never stood a chance.

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/05172002Depo-GideonEpstein.htm

12. Barbara

I initially felt almost sorry for Darnay too, and certainly felt bad for Wolf

Darnay lost my almost sympathy when he ended up being responsible for doing such a great job furthering the RST cause; to be followe by his staunch defense and valet treatment of Joel Steinberg

Both unforgiveable IMO :tsktsk:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice