Baba Walters Presents:

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

After reading that Baba has included John Ramsey in her list of 10 most fascinating people of 2006, I am bewildered by the fact that OJ Simpson isn't also included. Someone needs to educate Ms. Walters on the facts of this case. Perhaps she has become enamoured of JR's charms. Snicker.

Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2006," an hour-long ABC News special highlighting some of the year's most prominent names in entertainment, politics, sports and business, will air Tuesday, Dec. 12 (10:00- 11:00 p.m., ET).

Hosted by Barbara Walters, the special includes Vogue Editor in Chief Anna Wintour, hip hop mogul Jay-Z, newly retired tennis legend Andre Agassi, John Ramsey, televangelist Joel Osteen, Steve Irwin's widow, Terri Irwin, heartthrob Patrick Dempsey and others.

The number-one most fascinating person of 2006 will be announced on the program.

Now in its 14th season, "Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People" has consistently been one of the highest rated specials of the year.

2. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Barbara Walters presents:

Another spoon fed Q & A session created by RST spin team that we've heard parroted by every interview Tracey/Ramsey/Wood has given in the past.

Absolutely nothing new.....BORING!

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

It pithes me off that Baba could even mention John Ramsey and Terri Irwin in the same breath. I think little Bindi Irwin should be the most fascinating person of 2006. She showed us all what courage is all about.

4. Show Me

Barbara Walters has not impressed me in 20 years....I don't watch her at all anymore.

Doesn't surprise me Baba mentions Irwin and Ramsey in the same breath....the woman is totally clueless. If she ask just a couple of HARD questions, not the HARD pre approved Wood sponsored questions, then I'd watch her.

But she won't....she's a sheeple.

5. Show Me

BaaBaa-ra is a sheeple.

6. Elle

Elle Member

I think it's a real sad day, when a murder suspect is included in a list of Gawd knows how many fascinating people. Fascinating to who? Barbara Walters herself? Then she ought to wise up and keep her list to herself. Her choice is not everyone else's. What is it with these women, Erin Moriarty and Barbara Walters sucking up to John Ramsey?

7. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Ironic though that Olsteen and Ramsey are mentioned together since Patsy got some inspiration from the Olsteen, Barnhill, Hickey books.

8. Kelly

Kelly Member

I can't think of anything interesting that John Ramsey has done all year, much less anything fascinating.

9. Tez

Tez Member

He had plastic surgery?

Why isn't JMK on her list of fascinating people? I mean, the guy is a nutjob, and far more fascinating to me that JR!

Yeah, I'm surprised WY, that O.J. wasn't on the list. He'd do anything for publicity, including hypothetically confess to killing Nicole and Ron.

Note to self: Don't watch Baba.

10. heymom

heymom Member

Hate to be a stickler, but Joel's last name is O-steen, and pronounced that way. Did Patsy mention Joel's book as inspirational? That's the kind of publicity an author does not want! "Patsy Ramsey, suspect in her daughter's murder almost 10 years ago, gives this book a big 'thumbs-up'!"

11. heymom

heymom Member

Baaaaaad! Ewe are baaaaaad.

12. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

WY, I was listening to one of our talk-back radio shows following the Barbara Walters visit to Australia Zoo and her subsequent interview with Terri. By all accounts she played the absolute bad tempered, demanding and bossy prima donna at the zoo when she arrived. She gave the staff a terrible time and nobody was impressed at all. Australians in general are not terribly impressed with fringe celebrities and for Barbara to play the big star routine, condescending to favour us by her visit, well, it just went over like a lead balloon!

By contrast, one of our own well respected journalists also did an interview with Terri right after Barbara's and he just did the whole thing without any fanfare or bother.

13. heymom

heymom Member

Thanks to YouTube, I watched that interview and it was so well done and professional!! I loved the interviewer, and I thought he handled the situation with grace and love.

Barbara can kiss my foot. Journalists are not celebrities even if she believes she is one. (Not to even give her credit for being a journalist, more like a sensationalist and emotionalist!)

I can still tear up when I think about Steve and Terri and the kids. To put them in the same category as John Ramsey just shows how few brain cells it really takes to walk around and breathe.

14. Show Me

lololololol......

15. sue

sue Member

I saw part of Barbara's interview and felt very bad for Terri to have to go thru that interview. I couldn't even watch the whole thing. So much of it was Barbara reviewing Steve Irwin's career and doing voice over to video of his family.

I also watched all of the Australian journalist's interview (it was on youtube). I thought that interview was wonderful. I agree with heymom that he handled it with grace and love. I actually felt like doing that interview was probably therapeutic for the family.

16. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Sue & Heymom, Ray Martin, the journalist who did the interview, is probably the most respected journalist on Australian TV. He was one of the first Australian 60 Minutes team and because of the kindness and lack of ego he shows, he manages to get most of the really big interviews now. People who are asked to give interviews will actually request Ray and nobody else. When Lindy Chamberlain was released from jail after her wrongful conviction, Ray was the only journalist she would allow to interview her.

20 years or so ago he was doing a daytime show and I wrote to him about one of the topics he covered on the show. To my surprise I got a warm personal letter back from him, not just a form letter.

By all accounts that is what makes him so successful, he connects with ordinary Australians and doesn't splash his ego around. There has never been even a hint of scandal or impropriety surrounding him.

For his annual holidays, he used to stay at the same beachside town where my brother and his wife used to go. Ray and his family stayed in an ordinary block of apartments and would just walk on the beach and mingle with all the holiday goers, chatting happily to them.

(Sorry for the edits, I thought of a couple more things I wanted to say)

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/sixtyminutes/team/team_ray_martin.asp

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  17. sue

sue Member

Nothing you wrote surprised me. He comes across exactly that way.

18. Show Me

If only Martin will interview Ramsey.....now I'd watch that!

19. tylin

tylin Banned

Did anyone on the east coast watch Babwa's special tonight?
    John Ramsey made me wanna puke :yuck:.
    His comment about feeling sorry for Karr just wasn't right...not something a normal person would say. UNLESS that person knew that Karr wasn't guilty of the crime. John was right about one thing though, JonBenet's murder should have been solved within the first 6 months. :argue:

20. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

I fell asleep. I detest Barbara Walters with her fake accent, always have.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice