Boulder DA ...when is next election?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Kangatruth, Apr 2, 2007.

1. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Garnett Runs Unopposed in Boulder
    by: Colorado Pols
    Fri Aug 17, 2007 at 13:15:26 PM MDT

It appears as though the next Boulder District Attorney will cruise into office with little trouble (the unpopular Mary Lacy is term-limited).

Stan Garnett, a partner in the high-powered law firm of Brownstein, Hyatt, Farber and Scheck, seems to have a clear path ahead of him in 2008. The only known opponent for Garnett - Boulder Deputy DA Ingrid Bakke - has told friends and colleagues in the DA's Office that she will not run.

http://www.coloradopols.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=3959

2. heymom

heymom Member

Here's some self-promo from his website.

Note the bolded portion. Code for: Nothing will change.

A Message from Stan

Thank you for visiting my campaign web site. I am proud to be a candidate for Boulder County District Attorney. I am honored by the strong support I have received from opinion leaders in our community, including a recent endorsement from The United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local #7.

As District Attorney I will represent one client, the people. “The People’s Lawyer†should be the best lawyer. As a former prosecutor, a private practice attorney who has managed and tried hundreds of complex cases, and, as an elected official, I have developed the skills, insight and judgment to lead our DA’s Office.

The District Attorney’s Office is a critical component of the justice system in Boulder County. Keeping the 20th Judicial District safe means taking a tough and measured stance on crime while pairing prosecution with prevention. I believe any organization can be brought to a higher level of efficiency and can benefit from fresh views and new looks. I will bring that new look to the Boulder County DA’s Office.

Boulder County is my home. I received my undergraduate and law degree from CU Boulder and raised my family here. Please learn more about me and my positions as described in the web site. I look forward to talking with you as my campaign progresses. Together we can work to ensure a safe, secure Boulder County.

Stan Garnett

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I have accepted that no one who has any integrity would try for the BDA job anymore. He/she wouldn't get elected, anyway. The voters of Boulder want Hunter, Lacy, and their subsequent clones. Who knows, they might have a bad spell and end up with an abused or dead child in their home, after all. They want an understanding DA if that happens to them, too!

4. heymom

heymom Member

Smart on crime, continued
    As District Attorney I will be tough on violent criminals, sexual predators and major drug dealers. But I also know that you can’t, and shouldn’t, put every offender in prison. Being tough on crime also means being smart on crime.

Young people who commit nonviolent offenses and have worked to turn their lives around should be given a second chance. Minor drug offenders should be given the chance to enter rehabilitation and have a better future. Restorative Justice Programs offer an offender the opportunity to accept responsibility for the harm caused to others. Lessons learned through these programs not only hold the offender accountable, but can lower the recidivism rates and increase a sense of connection to the community as a whole. The benefits are clear, to both victims and offenders. As DA, I will work to support and expand the programs Boulder County currently offers and look for best practices to incorporate across the state and nationwide.

Read: The Midyettes are home free. Ollie Ollie Otzenfree!

5. koldkase

Yep, you're right, heymom. Like I said, same old same old.

6. heymom

heymom Member

Speaks for himself.

Community Involvement, continued
    Here in Boulder County we tend to think we’re the center of the universe. Occasionally the national press agrees. As president of the Boulder Valley School Board, dealing with the media as well as the public on contentious issues was the order of the day.

I realize this was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, but he gives his game away here.

Paradox?? Where's that infantile eternal recognition stuff again??? I think Boulder is the bubbling volcano of that stuff. Magma of infantilism floods it.

7. koldkase

Poor bastid. He missed the geographical location: Boulder is the center of Hell.

8. heymom

heymom Member

Endorsements
    A Growing List of Endorsements, including:

Laurie Albright

Ingrid Bakke
    Diane Balkin

Clifford Beem

Jeremy Bernstein

Steve Brett

Jean Bonelli

Patrick Burke

Michael Canges

Jim Carrigan

Pat Carrigan

Sheila Carrigan

Kelly Cherry

Bill De La Cruz
    Janet Drake

Jean Dubofsky

Frank Dubofsky

Christina Fiflis

Cole Finegan

George Garcia

Mary Garcia
    Alec Garnett

Tom Garnett

Larry Gelfond

Walter Gerash

Terrance Gill
    Gregory Goldberg

James Goldfarb

Adam Goodman

Lori Goodman

Jean Gore

Crystal Gray

Joe Gury

Hal Haddon

Solomon Halpern
    James Hardy

Barrie Hartman

Rollie Heath

Jean Hodges

Lisa Hogan

Nancy Holton

Lynne Hornbrooke

Lynn Hufnagel
    Victoria Jacobs

Peggy Jessel
    Helayne Jones
    Larry Jones
    Susan Klopman

Frances Koncilja

Mary Lacy
    Rich Lopez

Pat Loewi

Elizabeth Imhoff Mabey

Gordon Mackintosh
    Triplett Mackintosh

Alice Madden

Sally Martin

Lynda McNeive

Gayle Mertz

Gail Mock
    Maggie Morrissey

Mitch Morrissey

Bob Muckle

Tom Mulvahill

Anne Murphy

JoElyn Newcomb
    Cindy Noble

Theresa Noland

Fern O’Brien

David Olivas

Amy Parsons

Jeff Parsons

Elisabeth Patterson
    Bal Patterson

Jean Paxton

Connie Peterson

Julie Phillips

Meg Porfido

Jim Pribyl
    Gary Reiff

Ken Roberge

Dorothy Rupert

Terre Rushton
    Barbara Salomon

Angelika Schroeder

Wayne Schroeder

Will Shafroth
    Andrew Shoemaker

Linda Shoemaker
    Lamar Sims

Steve Sims

Chuck Sisk

Lesley Smith

Liz Starrs

Karen Steinhauser

Ted Trimpa

John Tweedy
    Bill Wise

United Food and Commercial Workers Union

Local # 7

To add your name, click here.

9. heymom

heymom Member

ROFL! KK.

:floor:

He needs Miss Teen South Carolina to point out Hell on the map. Heh. :highfive:

10. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

You missed one ...

MARY LACY

11. heymom

heymom Member

Oh,

:stupid1: :banghead: :404: :moron: :stupid: :rs:

Of course!!! :rolling:

12. tylin

tylin Banned

Heymom,
    You got that right. It's almost an open invitation to child abusers and child murderers everywhere.
    Come to Boulder where crimes against children go UNPUNISHED.

13. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

One of the posters at Topix (oh dear, I don't remember if it was Dee, Dots or Nelly) said it best:

BOULDER JUSTICE:

WHAT'S IN YOUR WALLET?

14. tylin

tylin Banned

That's perfect.
    :highfive:

15. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

It's hard for me to believe the Boulder County Republicans aren't putting a candidate on the ballot. Something is wrong with that.

16. heymom

heymom Member

Ha ha! There aren't any Boulder County Republicans!! Endangered species, in Colorado, Republicans.

17. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

18. sboyd

sboyd Member

Oh God no, please. :pray:

19. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

What's in your wallet, indeed.

20. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

You may be right about that after all. :) I emailed them last week and never have heard back!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice