Connection - Susan Bennett (aka jameson) & Kostanick

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by VP, Jan 2, 2005.

1. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

That Toth 4 Me thread at jamesons gets alot of posts deleted - any post that has IRS in it for instance. Margoo had posted earlier today that all jameson's active members weren't paying members, an honest post. That post was deleted, too.

2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

From Perfect Murder, Perfect Town pages 48,49, and 50 Barbara Kostanick talks about schooling and other things.

In 1995, four of us parents thought we could start a public elementary school that would work the way schools should. We wrote a 140 page proposal and got a lot of articles published in the local newspaper. We called it a focus school.
    It took a marketing effort to convince parents sign their kids up for a school that didn’t have a building, didn’t have teachers, didn’t have physical materials to show. You have to remember these kids are precious.
    At one organizing meeting in someone’s home, a man sat back and listened, listened carefully, and asked a few questions. Then he said thank you and left. That’s how I met John Ramsey.
    In the fall of 1995, High Peaks Elementary, our school opened. Patsy enrolled Burke in the third grade. Hers was the first southern voice I’d heard in a long time—there aren’t many southerners in Boulder. She was very overdressed for our little city. Her hair was always done, and she always wore city outfits and hats. Of course I didn’t know then that she was recovering from chemotherapy and that her hair was still growing back.
    High Peaks depended on volunteers for survival, and Patsy volunteered all time. It wasn’t long before we got to know each other. Nothing stopped Patsy from doing what needed to be done. John wasn’t active at school. He traveled a great deal. He looked just like an ordinary guy. He could be in a room and never be noticed.
    Around Valentine’s Day of 1996, my daughter, Megan, met JonBenet for the first time. They were both in preschool. I remember the first time I saw them together—they looked so cute playing on the monkey bars.

That August, JonBenet entered kindergarten and Patsy kept volunteering. At the same time she was heading up an event for the University Women’s Club. JonBenet seemed resentful tat her father traveled so much. Not really angry, just sad. She really liked him a lot.
    Our kids started playing together, and they became close friend. JonBenet would come to our house to play, and I would drive Megan over there. Megan also really liked Burke. He was into computer games. That’s how I got to see more of Patsy—twenty minutes here, thirty minutes there.
    One day Megan told me she wanted to enter a beauty pageant. She’d learned about them from JonBenet. She liked the clothes, and she had been impressed by the crowns. I had to explain that everybody makes choices and that pageants were not something we were choosing to do. As soon as I told her that JonBenet had to sing and dance in front of a whole bunch of people during the competition, Megan’s desire disappeared.
    Patsy was very positive about pageants. She’d talk about the skills they give you—the poise, the self-confidence, can-do attitude that stay with you for life.
    cont........

3. Tricia

The Ramseys lived a very lavish life. They went to the Olympics. Took vacations in Michigan and traveled all over. I wondered what JonBenet’s life would be like when she grew up.
    The day before Christmas, JonBenet was at our house playing with Megan. The kids were talking about Santa. The kids were talking about Santa, getting all excited. I asked JonBenet if she had visited Santa Clause yet. She said, “Oh, Santa was at our Christmas party the other night.†Megan had seen Santa at the Pearl Street Mall, so we talked about that.
    Then JonBenet said, “Santa Clause promised that he would make a secret visit after Christmas.â€
    I thought she was confused. “Christmas is tonight,†I told her. “And Santa will be coming tonight.â€
    “No, no’†JonBenet insisted. “He said this would be after Christmas. And it’s a secret.â€

Barbara Kostanick
    Perfect Murder, Perfect Town.

4. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Babs Kostanick: "There aren't many southerners in Boulder."

Ransom note: "Use your good southern common sense."

5. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Santa

Elsewhere, a poster has made the point that JonBenet was referring to santa Bill McReynolds here because she appears to be still talking about the santa who was at their party.

Our Tootsie is 5 years old soon and she believes in Santa - but she has sussed that a couple of the rather pathetic Santas that we've seen around some stores recently weren't the "real" Santa but just people dressed up as Santa.

The Ramseys mention in their book that Jonbenet thought Bill McReynolds was the real Santa. Similarly, our Tootsie thinks that one Santa who was in the town centre before Christmas AND the Santa who visited her nursery (possibly the school janitor) were indeed the "real" Santa.

An adult would have noticed that their accents weren't the same and indeed their outfits weren't even the same - yet to a 5 year old, they were the same person.

I think that JonBenet would have been the same. Either Santa was convincing or he wasn't. All convincing Santas would be the same Santa to her.

I also think that it's highly possible that Patsy told her Santa would be paying an extra visit - to explain the second lot of Christmas presents which would be given out at Charlevoix. Maybe Patsy asked Santa Bill to mention the extra visit to give it a degree of authenticity. I really don't read anything into this extra visit from Santa.

6. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Jayelles, that's what I'm thinking - the reason she was told Santa would be paying her a special visit is because of the second Christmas with the other kids/family the next day.

7. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

I do not, either. Consider: Patsy has said that JonBenet was accustomed to having several birthday parties in a year. She would have one at school, to celebrate the birthdays of all the students who had birthdays during the summer when school was out. She would have another one on a date when all her relatives found it convenient to attend. And then she would have yet another on her actual birthday. Patsy said that JonBenet took each party so seriously that she believed each party represented her becoming another year older. If this establishes that for JonBenet, a single special occasion is not broken up into a series of events, but represents separate events themselves, then for JonBenet, Christmas presents received in Charlevoix would represent a separate visit by Santa in that town.

8. VP

VP Member

I don't think anyone

is actually giving significance to the statement from JonBenet that Santa was going to pay her a secret visit. The statement, for the purposes of this thread, is merely a point of reference for those who might not know or remember Barbara Kostanick's role as a JBR case figure.

9. Tricia

The problem is VP, Mary Keenan did give significance to the statement by Kostanick. It's one of the reasons that Keenan thinks Santa did it.

Of course Keenan may not think that today but who knows?

Not to get off topic here but remember her terrible statement, "I agree with the judges decision blah blah blah?" I have always understood that it was Lin Wood who actually faxed her that statement to read.

This is not hard to believe at all. After all Wood typed up Alex Hunter's affidavit for Burke. Why not put his hand behind Keenan's neck and move her lips for her.

IF this is true, IF Lin Wood really did fax Keenan the statement to read, I would give anything to get my hands on copy of that fax.

We need more people to come forward. Now is the time.

Perhaps now is the time for the truth about Susan Bennett to come out. I would love to hear the details on how she really became involved and evolved into "Jameson."

10. Tez

Tez Member

I agree Tricia, I would love to read that fax......

11. BobC

Tricia where did you get the idea that Keenan thinks McSanta did it?

12. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I think this comes from the fact that she met with the ramseys to discuss McSanta as a suspect. The transcript is at the back of the NE book.

13. BobC

okay that's kinda ringing a bell now--thanks.

14. Tricia

Also, didn't Thomas' book mention it as well? I believe so.

Remember DeMouth and the D.A.'s office went after Santa Bill after Thomas left? After all the evidence presented to the D.A's office they still went after Santa. Good God.

15. Niner

Niner Active Member

WOW VP!! You have been quite the busy :bee: !! Interesting to say the least!

Tricia - I print out a bunch of threads here - but don't do any copying - can you tell? Just curious!!

:bee: :bee: :skank: :bee: :bee:

I am hoping that this case WILL be solved this year! You guys are the greatest! I applaud you all!! :jumpie: :jumpie:

16. Tricia

I can tell because in my Admin Panel it shows where all of you are and what you are reading.

If someone is printing it says, "Viewing Printable Version." and then the name of the thread. If someone stays on the thread a long time you know they are actually printing it.

Sorry. I have been interchanging the words "copying" and "printing." I mean printing. I can't tell if someone is copying say into a word document. I can only tell when someone is printing.

Niner, this is a guest from an IP I have never seen before. When you come on the forum your IP shows up with your name.

I have no problem with anyone printing out the threads. That's why this option is available. I was a bit suprised to see someone spend over a week, day and night, copying EVERYTHING. LOL. Good for them. I hope they got what they wanted.

17. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Tricia, when you say copying EVERYTHING, you're only talking about the JBR threads, right?

You would tire quickly of seeing my logins and outs. I bet I could win a prize for them! :)

18. Tricia

No JC. This person copied posts from every single forum. As far as I could tell this person was attempting to copy all of the posts and threads on FFJ.

19. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Surely it must be done for someone who can't get their hands on a computer at will, someone who needs/wants a hard copy to read?

20. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

I doubt it, JC.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice