DA Statement 08/28/06

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by wombat, Aug 28, 2006.

1. wombat

wombat Member

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Monday, August 28, 2006

People vs. Karr Case Vacated

The hearing scheduled for today in the case of the People vs. John Mark Karr has been vacated. The People filed a Motion to Quash the Arrest Warrant for John Mark Karr this afternoon. That motion has been granted by Chief Judge Bailin.

District Attorney Mary Lacy made the following statement:

As contemplated at the time of the initial arrest and subsequent press conference, my office has spent the past week conducting follow-up interviews and forensic testing to establish whether John Mark Karr was present in Boulder on December 25-26, 2006.

The DNA associated with the victim in this case does not match John Mark Karr. The family of Mr. Karr cooperated by providing circumstantial evidence that Mr. Karr spent Christmas with his family in Atlanta, Georgia.

We understand that there is great public and/or media interest in the process we followed to arrest John Mark Karr in Thailand. We are making a full set of the emails and a copy of the taped telephone calls as well as affidavits for search and arrest available to the designated representative of the media consortium this afternoon. We will also make available the face sheet of a manuscript entitled "Daxis" which Mr. Karr has indicated is under copyright protection. We will not oppose motions to seek the release of that one hundred and fifty three page document in court.

As I said last week, our role in the investigation of JonBenet Ramsey’s murder has been to follow up on all legitimate leads that we have received from law enforcement and concerned citizens. This case is not closed, and we will continue to investigate leads and pursue justice.

Regarding the status of John Mark Karr, a safety plan has been established. We cannot comment further on this issue.

The motion and order will be posted at:

www.courts.state.co.us/exec/media/boulder/pressindex.htm

The District Attorney's Office is in the process of posting additional information about this investigation. A link identifying the site location for this information will be posted as soon as it is available at:

www.co.boulder.co.us/da/pr/index.htm

A media briefing will be held in the Jury Assembly Room, Justice Center, Tuesday, August 29, 2006, at 10:00 a.m. A panel from the Boulder District Attorney’s Office, including Mary Lacy, Pete Maguire, Bill Nagel, and Tom Bennett, will be available to answer questions from up to 21 members of the media, as identified from the media consortium meeting on Aug. 18:

ABC Network
    Associated Press
    Daily Camera (Boulder)
    Colorado Daily
    CBS Network
    CNN
    Court TV
    Denver Post
    Fox Network
    KCNC TV 4
    KDVR TV Fox 31
    KMGH TV 7
    KUSA TV 9
    KWGN TV 2
    Daily Times-Call (Longmont)
    NBC Network
    Reuters
    Rocky Mountain News

One seat for other Colorado television media
    One seat for international print media
    One seat for local/national radio

Ground Rules for media briefing:

· Questions may be submitted in writing or by raise of hands and waiting until you are called on. No shouting out of questions will be allowed. Anyone who repeatedly calls out questions may be asked to leave.

· One pool camera and one still camera will be permitted in the Jury Assembly Room.

· It is the goal of the District Attorney’s Office to provide the public with information regarding the process, procedures and facts that were involved in the decisions regarding John Mark Karr.

-###-

2. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

I just heard on the Caplis Silverman Show that Lacy IS planning on fielding press questions ... although they do not know when that will occur.

Silverman IS on the show, and is blasting Lacy ... and spinning his OWN credibility issues to his advantage (like saying that when I said Karr is good for it, it was based on the assumption that Lacy was a professional DA. Silverman KNEW BETTER!

Dan Craig is replacing Dan Caplis ... and is very good. He says that he hopes to get Peter Boyles on at some point.

BTW ... Lacy sent a Boulder COP out with the above statement, NOT someone from the DA Office.

... now saying 3:35 press conference.

Boyles on NOW

...YumYum

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Reading affadavit for arrest warrant for Karr on Crier Live:

He basically wrote a lot about the case with Tracey since 2000. This year, he got more personal, said he knew who the "two men" were, got interested in Patsy and confessed, trying to get in touch with Patsy.

Then it's basically how they found him. Did she say Karr talked in phone calls with Tracey?

Karr provided detail of "his recollection" of how JonBenet died, and pretty much claimed he used erotic asphyxiation and accidently killed her.

I can't believe Lacy didn't know that this was so commonly discussed, a book has been written about it.

Apparently, they were afraid he was having molesting little girls because he told them he was.

Oral sex? Tasting her blood?

So the DNA was the whole basis of their case, all along.

They had to get a mouth swab for a good enough test to compare against the MIXED SAMPLE? Is that what they said.

Ha. That DNA red herring has reared its ugly head again.

Crier: NOT ONE WORD IN THERE ABOUT INFORMATION NOT PREVIOUSLY KNOWN BY THE PUBLIC.

Well, there you have it.

4. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Pam on CTV now - stressing "WE" from the ransom note, second shoe print, palm print............and Imprint of knife on pad of paper? Huh?

Preaching the fun of lawsuits to Wendy Murphy. :tsktsk:

5. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Dan just said that Mary Lacy will release ALL of the emails between Tracey and Karr, AND the transcript of a book that Karr was writing.

Lacy, Tom Bennett, and other DA folks will meet in roundtable with select media to discuss the Karr case (10 am tomorrow - tuesday).

...YumYUm

6. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

STEVE THOMAS COMING UP ON CAPLIS!!!

editted to add that they just said that Thomas will be on a 5:05 pm. Thomas talking to the press for the first time i FIVE YEARS!!!

...YumYum

7. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Phukking BRUCE PLASKET is On!!!

...YumYum

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Oh man, I don't get these shows. Please, please keep the commentary coming.

9. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Yum-Yum

Plasket is on? How did he get mame to let go of his @^%$# long enough?

10. koldkase

hahahaha Gooooo Yummy!

11. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

BJ Plasket had nothing of value to say. And no, Krebs was NOT brought up.

I'll take further Caplis radio commentary to the Karr released thread where the show is being discussed ... and the Steve Thomas thread when that begins.

...YumYUm

12. koldkase

WY, click on the link for KHOW, and you can then click on the Listen link. You'll be able to hear it on your computer if you have speakers.

Ooops. Do you have speakers?

http://www.khow.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html?refreshed=yes

13. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Any word yet?

Did you notice the Tracey thread has been busy.

Guess I'll have to change my signature.

14. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

According to Crier, the BDA press conference is scheduled for 8/29/06 12:00 EDT.

Silverman's a human flipflop.

ST IS BACK!!??! Be still my :heart:.....

15. koldkase

16. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Oh yeah, I have rocking speakers, KK. Now, if I'd just get out of the dark ages and invest in cable instead of still hooking into my work network via telephone modem.

It's impossible to load these programs. I can do it from work because they are on the cable, but the modem slows me up from home.

17. VP

VP Member

18. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Hey! Stop stealing legal documents, VP!

Signed,

Attached Files:

19. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

holy cow

What are those things?

20. amster

amster Member

Looks like stuffed water bugs to me.......ick

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice