DOI Discussion

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, May 13, 2005.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

I often wonder are these warnings?

2. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Sylvia, I found the missing portion of the transcript which mentions "Daddy's girl." This is also a lesson in making sure one saves things to one's own computer, because even the mighty Google and various other caches sometimes flush ancient content and something which does not exist in multiple copies is gone, gone, gone.

From the January 1st, 1997 CNN interview:

3. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Why_Nut, thanks for finding the missing piece. Although it doesn't change much in what I wrote I am happy to find it at last. I actually had my part of transcript from the CNN website.

As for saving, you should see my archive box with printed documents :D There was one time I had a computer crash and lost a lot of files. Only the worst part for my archive was that after so many years I was so fed up and frustated by this case that I gave all my books away and deleted everything I had on the case.

Still it kept haunting me, so I started over again.

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Sylvia, I have to say again FANTASTIC JOB. I am so impressed with your work. And the work of the posters. You are all combining your efforts to bring out the Ramsey lies line by line.

Thank you :heart:

5. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Syl, your a genius!

According to J. Ramsey: “As pictures proliferated, we quickly saw that some of the tapes had been slowed down to portray a flirting expression or to accentuate JonBenét’s movements and make them look more seductive.†Well, Ramsey, if you slow tapes down to portray a flirting expression, the expression already had to be there. And accentuate? Look it up in the dictionary! The expressions and movements were already there, how else could they be accentuated (draw attention to, highlight, make more noticeable).

Putting into a nut shell exactly what bugged me when the Rams tried to excuse their mistreatment of their daughter.

I do LOVE the foreign opinion on the Rams spin.

6. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

Thank you, Sylvia, for all of your hard work! I wanted to point out 2 minor things I noticed:

1.) This one's technical. Post # 6 needs an editorial fix. There's a section that repeats in the middle, almost like a couple of paragraphs got pasted into the middle of a sentence. Just makes it hard to understand.

2.) Post # 17 -- Technically the paintbrush was not a murder weapon, but part of the staging.

GREAT work! I agree with what everyone has said here.

The thing that bothers me the most about the Ramseys is the fact that you never ever hear them say that they regret anything they've done. "If only we had cooperated right away with the police... if only we hadn't invited the half the neighbourhood and their brothers... THAT KILLER could have been caught."

:clap:,
    Ayeka

7. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

:thumbsup: Thanks, Ayeka for pointing out the error in post # 6, part of the paragraph was not copied, I have corrected it. :yay:

As for post nr. 17, I can only meet you half way, although I am pro the blow came first and that the garrote was meant as staging, it was still one of the murder weapens. She was still alive when they applied it, as Dr. Spitz explained in an interview. So I've changed it in "One of the murder weapons" :blush:

Sylvia

8. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

LOL LOL Show, how about this one? Do you think he's got an answer for that one too? :rolling: :rolling:

The most interesting quote concerning the photos is found at page 124 of PMPT: “Most pageants include a ‘Most Photogenic’ or ‘Photo Portfolio’ category, where the entrants are judged solely on their photographs. Patsy decided it was time for JonBenét to have a portfolio, and Pam Griffin recommended a photographer, Randy Simons, who could make a six-year-old look twenty. When a pageant favored the seductive look, Pam told Patsy, Simons was the best.†Still there Ramsey?

9. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Tricia, you could give me some help with a chapter that comes later, which also concerns Chris Wolf, all additional information on that is very welcome :D

10. Show Me

I remember that pic of a 6 year old JonBenet made up to look 20! Someone showed it to me at work and I was shocked when I found out it was a 6 year old. It's what got me interested in the case to begin with.

Oh yes, the pageant thing was Patsy, Pam and Nedra wish. Little girls love to dress up and play at pageant...dressing in mom's cloths and putting on CHILD's makeup, the play stuff.

but what 6 year old wants to spend

Time rehearsing the same routine over and over.
    Getting hair bleached, which is not fun and smelly.
    Standing still for costume fittings.
    An ALL DAY photo session!
    Spending the night with rollers in your hair-not comfortable.
    Mascara on the eyes...I think not.
    Travel time to pageants...(are we there yet? are we there yet?)
    Spending the day in costumes-don't get on the floor, don't wipe your face, don't mess up your hair, watch out you'll wrinkle or muss your dress.
    Don't scream, yell, jump, run...stand still your turn is next.

Sheesh! This is Patsy's version of a little girl's FUN play time.

11. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I've long since given up on trying to explore the world of lunatics.

12. Elle

Elle Member

Why_Nut, You are absolutely incredible finding this. I'm amazed at your patience. I know what it's like to look for something over and over again. Very tiring! Now I must read it! Thank you!

13. Tez

Tez Member

Simply put, I have a major problems with these "kiddie pageants." I don't see how any parent could subject their child to it, but that's just me.

A few Sunday afternoons, my left foot......

14. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

No, not just you, I have the same major problems! I classify it as child abuse. Someone must be extremely wicked to let a 6-year-old child parade on some stage as if she were a 20-year old .......... fill it in yourself.

I especially have major problems, when the child that participates in such sickening pageants ends up dead in her own home, no signs pointing towards an intruder, a hoax ransom note, a brain bashed in, a garrote around her neck. Combine that with parents that do not cooperate with the police and a DA that does cooperate with the prime suspects instead of with the police... when a lot seem to forget whom the real victim in this case is, an innocent 6-year-old girl, named JonBenét...At that moment, I have real major problems! I just hate injustice!

15. Tez

Tez Member

I view it as child abuse also. I can't stand the idea of these children being told that looks are the only thing that matter, whether or not they intend to send that message, that is what a lot of kids receive.

I was approached numerous times to put both my girls in pageants, and both Mr. Tez and I said absolutely not! And that was before JBR was even on the radar. I can't tell you what Mr. Tez's reaction was when he seen the videos of JBR! He went ballistic!!! He said how could anyone view it as anything less than exploitation of a child????

Now, let me say this....I am still picking my jaw up off the ground over the Las Vegas Showgirl costume. I am reading Wecht's book and there is a picture of that in there. How can Aunt Pam say it was innocent?

16. Elle

Elle Member

Sylvia and Tez,

I view these child pageants as child abuse too. I hate to see these baby girls prancing around a stage made up like adult women. It turns my stomach.

It was Grandma Nedra who was responsible for JonBenét's Las Vegas outfit. She ruled the roost, didn't she?

17. Tez

Tez Member

Elle, I think you are correct. She was the one who told JB, she would do it, it was her job. Or words to that effect.

18. Show Me

Yep, but Patsy enabled Nedra. I love my mom dearly however nothing on earth could make me entered my daughters in a pageant. Of course my mom taught us the opposite, that beauty is temporal and brains and personality last a lifetime. Patsy could have stopped Nedra, Patsy WANTED JonBenet to perform and relive her old pageant days.

19. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Speaking of enabling, let us not forget John Ramsey's role in this since he paid for everything.

-Tea

20. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Amen!
    Guess he must have liked six-year-olds being turned into 20-year-old vamps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice