DOI Discussion

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, May 13, 2005.

1. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

I can't believe I forgot to say this but...

Thank you, Why_Nut, for finding and posting the Jan 1, 1997 interview in its entirety! :)

-Tea

2. Tez

Tez Member

Again, right on the money, as usual Show Me! I found the part about Nedra saying it was JB's job to be a beauty queen. It is in ST's book. Tomorrow, I will post the whole quote with the page number.

Tea, I don't think JR really much cared about the money, he probably was sick of listening to Patsy, and figured it didn't matter what the cost, he might get some peace! LOL

Sylvia, remember him saying to JB that the talent was the most important? I don't buy that, I think you are right about him liking six year olds looking twenty!

3. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Ouch Show, that hurts :D You're right on target!

4. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Yup Tez, got the exact quote here page 33
    Huh, who's he kidding? Pageants, beauty queens, oh no, that has nothing to do with beauty or costumes. Hell no, it's all about talent. Even when you are ugly as hell you can still win a beauty contest, yeah, cause you have talent! Right, talent for what?

5. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Talent to walked around in a skimpy bathing suit on stiletto heels...now that takes pratice!

6. Tez

Tez Member

That's a talent I have never had! I hate heels!

7. Elle

Elle Member

Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven:
    Poor little mite. A painted little doll up on the stage prancing around to suit her domineering mother; giving seductive looks and sexy gestures. It makes me sick, Sylvia.

Once again the stupid Ramsey remarks of slowing the tape.
    They must think we all sailed up the river in a bubble.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Chapter 7

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Sylvia
    Chapter 7

Pageant, that is what this chapter is about, or to be more precise trying to find excuses for letting a six-year-old child parade as a seductive, sexual mature adult. Oh, they were so stunned that those videos showed up in the media. They had no idea that there would always be the possibility that those videos ever made it to the media. “Videos that were never meant to go beyond the family living room ended up on National television in an entirely wrong context.†Luckily, those videos did show up in the media, so that everyone could see what was going on during those child pageants. So tell me why, Mr. Ramsey, why were those videos never to go beyond living rooms? What is your problem with it, those pageants were harmless according to you? Isn’t that what you stated time after time? Or was it not so harmless after all? Why else would you have such a problem with the fact that these videos did go beyond living rooms? It was because at that moment everyone saw how obnoxious those pageants, your daughter attended, were. These child pageants were a pure form of child abuse! If you had nothing to be ashamed of, you would not have made such fuss over the fact that these videos were shown on national television. In reality by stating your problems with the fact they were shown, you deliver the proof that you knew it was wrong to let such a young child participate in those disgusting pageant. Moreover, in what context were they to be seen, there was only one context they could be looked at and that is that they were obnoxious. Do you want tell us another context is possible too, Ramsey? Do tell!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Well said, Sylvia. What a ridiculous statement for the Ramseys to make that they had no idea these videos would be shown on national tv. In this day and age with all the Internet technology, don't you think it's possible these same videos were already shown "everywhere and anywhere" where there was a big demand to recruit these small innocent little girls?

I hear "CHILD ABUSE" ringing in my ears when I read about these stupid pageants.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

9. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you again, Sylvia for all the hard work and effort you have put into this project. I sincerely hope Tom Bennet has not finished his "JonBenét investigation report, and reads this. I would pin a gold medal on you if I could. So here's a

star:star:to replace the medal.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

10. Show Me

Those crazy Rams.....I can read John saying, "Imagine to our horror when we discovered the NE had morphed a Las Vegas costume on JonBenet instead of the prime proper church dress she really wore. Using pc savvy, someone had teased, bleach and poofed out her hair and coated her face with makeup. Patsy and I looked at each other: who had done this horrible thing costuming job to our daughter?"

11. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Oh Elle, but they do think that. They are perfect and superior! I am only glad to say I am not, I did, do and mostly likely in the future will, make mistakes, and some huge ones too.

I do believe that there is a huge demand for that kind of videos, they are pedophiles dream come true. That was said already a long time ago.

As far as I am concerned yes, to dress up and make such a young child act like that is child abuse to me.

As far as star is concerned, already answered that in the other thread. I don't think I deserve it. However, thanks for the lovely thought. Oh, and I am not done yet, more chapter will come. LOL.

12. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

:laughup: :laughup: Only you can come up with these remarks huh? Must admit though I even consider it a possibility that they actually did that! :devil:

BTW already gave in to your command boss :cheerful: update with chapter 8. Nine will follow soon as still have my notes on that one.

13. Elle

Elle Member

The Boulder Community didn't know what hit them when Patsy Ramsey appeared on the scene. After a few years, Boulder, for sure, knew "who" Patsy Ramsey was.

14. Show Me

Yippee will read...may have to wait for my comment. Need to weed the garden, cook the dinner and take a nap.

15. Elle

Elle Member

Sylvia,

Better keep checking your mailbox this week. There might be one with a label from Lin Wood. :) You're very brave!

16. Show Me

He actually writes; “Beth had a birth certificate from Olongapo City, probably the roughest liberty port in the world. I often wondered if she’d want to keep her birthplace a secret when she grew up. After all, who would brag about being born in Olongapo City?â€

I'm amazed how much tripe the Rams throw into their book. What the heck does Beth's birth place have to do with JonBenet's murder?

17. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

I do not think so, Elle. Besides, I have to say it right here and now, I am totally uninterested in a correspondence with Wood. Therefore, it would be a total waste of his time, and most likely his client’s money. All I am interested in is the truth and nothing but the truth. So I actually advice his clients to end their relationship with any lawyer the might have, go to Boulder, walk in the BPD and tell the detectives there, “Okay, let’s start over, here we are, no lawyers, we’ve got nothing to hide and we will answer all questions you have, let’s get this over and done with for once and for all! We will fully cooperate in whatever way you want us to. Even take the darned FBI polygraphs.†In other words that they do what every other innocent parent does when their child is murdered.

18. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

From Chapter 8 part 2-
    I think John's talking about the unexpected death of his oldest daughter is quite relevant to this case. You are aware of the saying that "events don't occur in a vacuum". The murder of JonBenet wasn't simply an isolated event. The events which preceded it did a lot to shape the psyches of John and Patsy. Beth was killed around Christmas time. I don't think it's too far of a stretch to say that John would've been thinking about Beth's death, among other things like Patsy's cancer, that night and turned to the "sparkplug of the family", JonBenet, for some needed "comfort". And not too long after that, during the Jan 1, 1997 interview on CNN, Patsy said, "She'll never have to know the loss of a child. She will never have to know cancer or the death of a child." Patsy's cancer and the tragic death of Beth were indeed, imo, events which shaped all that followed and led up to that tragic Christmas night.

-Tea

19. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Tea, I agree, you have a point there. Going out from the assumption, they are not so innocent as they claim to be, it might explain as to why certain things might have happened. However, that would not have been any excuse for what happened. If he turned to the “sparkplug of the family†solely for comfort, there would still be no problem. Unless the comfort is not some misplaced kind of comfort. However going out from what he (they) claim, she fell asleep in the car, he put her in her bed, took off her coat and shoes and never saw her again until the next day at 1:00 a.m.

The is point I was trying to make is, if the book was meant to cover the events surrounding the murder and prove they are innocent, the accident itself should be totally irrelevant to the case. He may even mention it, briefly. In the book, to my opinion at least, he is using it to gain sympathy. Seven pages of that chapter are about his oldest daughter JonBenét is hardly mentioned.

What you made me aware of is that they actually changed the name of the book. The original title is hardcover 2000, “the Death of Innocence: The untold Story of JonBenét’s Murder and How Its Exploitation Compromised the Pursuit of Truth.†The paperback 2001 is called, â€the Death of Innocence: JonBenét’s Parents Tell Their Story.â€

I was working and will continue to do so on the original tittle of the book.

20. Elle

Elle Member

I agree with you here, Sylvia. Losing Beth could have been mentioned briefly, but John Ramsey is using her death as a backup for sympathy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice