Dominick Dunne in Vanity Fair on Karr Matter

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by wombat, Oct 9, 2006.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

:whipit: :whipit: :whipit: :whipit:

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Don't you think it would have been worded differently if he was "asked" to resign?

I think his resignation letter can be found here somewhere, or at the very least, on our wonderful ACR's site.

I think it was his choice.

3. Niner

Niner Active Member

Thanks wombat for posting this! Now if I can only remember "which" store around carried VF... LOL! It was a hard magazine to find around here!

4. Spade

Spade Member

Steve Thomas was Ann Bardach's main source of information from inside of the investigation. He supplied her with the 1st responder's report, the enhanced 911 call and detail about the cooperation between the DA's office and Haddon. Alex Hunter was beside himself and wanted Steve fired. When the GJ compromise was reached with Kane, Levin and Morrisey coming on board, Steve was "allowed" to resign.

That is the way I was told the story by another person inside the investigation. At the time I thought Steve was out of line but I now understand his decision to talk to Ann Bardach was the right thing to do. Steve saw the "fix" in place and tried to undo it. Too bad he wasn't successful.

5. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Damn shame.

6. wombat

wombat Member

Spade- So if Ann Bardach has the enhanced 911 call, others should too, right? Any idea who we can call to get it?

Half teasing here :poke:

7. Spade

Spade Member

Steve gave Bardach a transcript of the enhanced 911 call.

8. Carol

Carol Member

I was in my dentist's office the other day and picked up a copy of the November issue of Vanity Fair. I turned to the Dunne article and read most of it. I was a little disappointed. In one paragraph he states that he was convinced of the Ramseys guilt because they immediately hired lawyers, publicists, etc. Then in the next paragraph he says that as time went one and he saw John and Patsy on shows like Larry King, he became more and more convinced of their innocence. Huh?

9. tylin

tylin Banned

bahaaaThat pretty much sums it up!
    :coffeeup: :clap: :bowdown: :floor:

10. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I expect Dunne to be sued....after all Dunne has MONEY and Woody/Ramsey team haven't sued for awhile. Well the internet crazy with RM doesn't count.

Or does Dunne's ending statement that maybe the Ramsey's were innocent keep Dunne from being sued for settlement money?

I wished Thomas spewed more on the case....but heck that's was Lou Smit was for....damage spewage.

Poor Lou forced to hunt for suspects in Thailand.....and so lacking for suspects he backs up "Three Times Wrong" Tracey as he grasps for straws.

11. Elle

Elle Member

I can feel the heat coming off this post, KK :)

I can feel the heat coming off this post, KK :) I wish Steve Thomas had ruined Alex Hunter, and blown them all out of the water.

12. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

NOPE! It wasn't me. In fact, I just now found this part of this thread that I'd missed a couple of days ago. I don't know what happened. You'll have to ask Moab about it.

I AM INNOCENT OF ALL CHARGES!

And I'm suing you for even SUGGESTING I might "tidy up." I take that as a slur upon my good character. I am outraged. Your insult has made it impossible for me to find gainful employment and has subjected me to ridicule.

GET ME MR. POTATO HEAD! PRONTO! I must be avenged!!! :wood:

13. Carol

Carol Member

I'm remembering more of the Dunne article and he even wrote that Patsy had the courage to make the trip from Atlanta to Boulder when she was deathly ill because of the John Mark Karr investigation. She even, according to Dunne, gave police more detailed information about the crime scene THAT WAS UP UNTIL THAT POINT NOT KNOWN. Why would Patsy keep information about the crime scene a secret until then?

14. heymom

heymom Member

Sounds like obstruction of justice to me. Although of course, I am not a lawyer. Thank God.

15. wombat

wombat Member

Dunne was sued for slander ($11 million) by Gary Condit (attorney=Leroy Lincoln Wood). Settled out of court by Vantiy Fair lawyers. He was also attacked by Robert Kennedy Jr. in an article in the Atlantic Monthly about his writing about the Martha Moxley case - accusing the now-incarcerated Michael Skakel of murder.

Dunne's not afraid of being sued.

I wish that Steve had spewed more as well. Why not, at this point?

16. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

17. wombat

wombat Member

I read somewhere that Baskin Robbins took away the franchise due to unpaid debts to the corporation.

18. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well, I guess Condit's business failure has forced him to return to the ATM--Dunne.

I hope Dunne fights this one tooth and nail. Obviously, Condit is simply extorting Dunne at this point: pay me or I'll make your life hell in old age.

19. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Fine! Then I'm countersuing! On grounds that you you you caused me to have a nervous breakdown when threads kept jumping around and posts were altered! I thought I was hallucinating and and and was forced to eat two boxes of Godiva Chocolate to calm myself down!! See what you've done to me?!! --->>> :eat: --->>> :puffy:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice