Fine TV Viewing 8/30 - Lin Wood and Michael Tracey on LKL

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by wombat, Aug 29, 2006.

1. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Lin Wood is a Coward

I'd love to see Lin Wood say those things that he said to LK about Steve Thomas to Steve's face. Preferably in a barroom.

Who is bitter and mean? The man with ONE wife and a beautiful new baby girl, or the man who has had several wives and many horses???

2. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Woody-One-Note

Woody-One-Note: Same old same old.

No follow up questions by puff- and- frill- King.

Big tooth,-no lips -limey: No explanation for his absence.

Only two or three callins; soft shoe.

I, too, hope Steve sues the pants off Woody.

Conclusion: Awful show.

Where, oh where, is Windy?

:leaf:

3. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I'm not watching...LKL might as well ask Wood to turn his butt up so LKL can kiss it.

Where was Tracey? Getting drunk at the local pub with his buddy discussing his newest suspect-victim and how much money he will make on his book?

4. tylin

tylin Banned

Lin Wood was insulting Steve Thomas every chance he could. :devil: :curse: Lin said he didn't know what hole Steve crawled out of before he started doing interviews again. I had to turn the tv off...Wood and his crap were nauseating.
    Steve I hope you sue Woody.

5. Elle

Elle Member

What kind of dance lessons, Freebird? Just curious! :)

6. Elle

Elle Member

I missed the LKL show tonight. I was too busy reading the data here. :)

From what I'm reading here, I'm glad I didn't see it.

7. Larry King Live 8/30

Did you guys and gals hear Lin Wood state to Larry King that Michael Tracy was at Patsy's funeral......maybe he and Mary Lacy rode business class together on the flights down and back from Denver International Airport. This Lacy and Tracy and Patsy connection smells worse with each additional detail that slips out of these people's mouths.

8. amster

amster Member

Well, well, welll! Seems Steve Thomas has hit a nerve! :rolling:

He needs to keep on keeping on.....every show he can get on! Just think how much money jackass Johnny is gonna have to shell out! Linseed has to follow Steve around, stomping out the fire of TRUTH with his little cloven hooves!

GO STEVE!

9. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

And what kind of Father could watch the Boulder DA SCREW the investigation into his daughters death the way Lacy has over the years, and STILL PRAISE HER rather than demanding her man-like head on a pike!

The very LAST thing in this life that John Ramsey wants if for justice to be done in the sexual abuse and murder of his own daughter. That tells me all I need to know about John Ramsey.

Welcome, Lucian :toast:

...YumYum

10. Chebrock

Chebrock Member

I'm extremely angry about Woody on LKL. He is what's wrong with lawyers these days. Lawyers lie lie lie and never put their clients on so they won't have to lie.

Where was John? Why is he still hiding behind his attorney? No one else interviewed the last 2 weeks spoke for themselves except John! Even people like Merrick who were suspects. It just doesn't make sense.

How can LKL do such a one sided program? Very poor journalism. Very depressing.

Hey, Nancy Grace just ran a small segment of LKL with Steve Thomas and the Ramsey's.

11. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

WhyNut ... I did NOT see LKLies tonight ... and I don't really need to. May I suggest that you NOT make the video available on YouTube? No sense in speading the trash wider than necessary.

Is it possible to make vids of this ilk available to just our limited audience ... to hang onto them "for the record", but without unnecessarily feeding the Ramsey Spin MAchine?

...YumYUm

12. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

For the record, yes, it is possible for me to upload them to places where the general public cannot get at them, but where I can get a link to give to people in PMs. Alternately, I can assign them to various kinds of status that will let them be viewable only by people on a "friends" list of my choosing.

13. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I love it when Wood LIES AND LIES AND LIES about his law suits. Of course, LARRY LIED, TOO!

Larry started it by saying Wood sued Thomas and WON! Then LINNY WOODBOY said yeah, HE SUED THOMAS AND WON! thomas settled blahblahblah

A SETTLEMENT IS NOT A WIN! IT'S SEALED! THOMAS NEVER GAVE THEM A DIME, THE PUBLISHER SETTLED, AND THOMAS WAS UNDER CONTRACT TO THEM AND THEIR INSURANCE COMPANY DICTATED THAT DAMN SETTLEMENT! I HAVE SEEN THE RST TELL THIS LIE A THOUSAND TIMES, AND I'M NOT EXAGGERATING!!

You know, it's not like the RST is too bright or anything, I know, but they KNOW they're lying, and they LIE anyway. Don't they run around claiming to be Christians? Oh, yeah, they sure do! And then they just LIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIELIE, never miss a beat!

I think we should start calling them the RHST: Ramsey Hypocrite Spin Team.

I like it. It fits!

14. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

:floor:

Lin Wood and his little cloven hooves! Ah Amster, I can just see it ... the Wood-man, furiously running around trying to stamp out the brush fires of truth lit by Tricia Griffith, Steve Thomas, Peter Boyles, Tony Ortega, Wendy Murphy, and other brave souls!

Stamp, spit ... stamp, stamp, stamp!!!

I LOVE IT!

15. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Whatever works for you and others, WN. Over time, anything but YouTube seems like it would require a HUGE amount of storage space. I may be oversensitive ... but it just doesn't seem to make sense to help disseminate RST lies for them, especially with no opportunity for detailed editorial rebuttal.

...YumYum

16. koldkase

Well, see there, YumYum, that's where I have to disagree. I don't believe in censorship. That's why I hate it that Hunter and Lacy give the RST all the evidence, but they don't let the public see ALL they gave them, as well, because we know Smit is practicing censorship: see what HE wants you to see, and not what he DOESN'T.

So even if it means stupid people hear/see Wood and fall for his spin, so be it. On the other hand, they may just see THROUGH Wood and realize what a shyster he is shilling for prime suspects in a child murder.

But that's just me. I appreciate any efforts.

17. koldkase

Hey, RR? Moab? Don't we have some really good pictures of Wood around here, the ones where his horns were showing?

18. tylin

tylin Banned

Here's the link to tonight's LKL/Woody love fest.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0608/30/lkl.01.html

Return to Transcripts main page

CNN LARRY KING LIVE

Interview with Lin Wood; Warren Jeffs is in Custody

Aired August 30, 2006 - 21:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

LARRY KING, CNN HOST: Tonight, first JonBenet Ramsey's father heard someone half a world away seem to admit a role in his daughter's brutal death.
    JOHN MARK KARR: I love JonBenet and she died accidentally.

KING: Then, the D.A. John Ramsey and his wife had cooperated with said there was no case against John Mark Karr.

MARY LACY, BOULDER COUNTY D.A.: He is not the killer, not the killer.

KING: How is John Ramsey dealing with the latest roller coaster twists in a criminal nightmare? It's lasted nearly ten years. Exclusive insights from Ramsey family attorney and friend Lin Wood in his first and only interview since the case against John Mark Karr collapsed.

And then, child brides, forced marriages, abusive husbands with multiple wives, terrifying stories from women who say they risked it all to escape the polygamist community whose fugitive leader was captured Monday night after a four month FBI manhunt.

It's all next on LARRY KING LIVE.

KING: Good evening.

Lin Wood joins us from Atlanta, the Ramsey family attorney and friend. Let's get right to it, Lin. Thanks very much for being with us. A tumultuous time for the Ramseys, how are John and Burke, his son, doing?

LIN WOOD, RAMSEY FAMILY ATTORNEY: Well they're doing well under the circumstances. I know that John, like many Americans, has obviously suffered disappointment with respect to the events over the last two weeks, while he cautioned, as you know, that the public give Mr. Karr the presumption of innocence and allow the administration of justice to proceed in an orderly fashion.

I think that he still was cautiously optimistic that this might solve the case. As it turns out, the system did proceed. The DNA did not match and Mr. Karr, who was a serious suspect, who deserved to be thoroughly investigated, is not going to be charged with a crime that he did not commit.

KING: Lin, there's a lot of speculation about where John is and what he's doing. Can you bring us up to date? WOOD: Well, John was with me yesterday in Atlanta and he left mid-afternoon, actually during the news conference held by District Attorney Lacy and he returned to his home in Charlevoix, Michigan.

The speculation about John Ramsey was based solely on a comment that he made to me when he was very upset about the media tracking his son to his college, literally going into his son's dorm room.

And, John called me that evening and said that he was so outraged at how the media was treating him and his son that he wondered at times whether he might have to leave the country.

Well, of course, that led to speculation and exaggeration but, in fact, John Ramsey is here and I believe he intends to remain in Michigan and hopefully will be in Atlanta on a periodic and regular basis.

KING: What was his and your reaction to the news conference by the D.A.?

WOOD: Well, obviously you got to go back two weeks ago literally today when I received a phone call from District Attorney Lacy to inform me that an arrest had been made in connection with the murder.

I'd be understating it to say that I was anything other than elated. I felt like that the case might finally be solved because I believe that certainly if an arrest was going to be made, it would be based on some very solid and strong evidence.

There were some caution flags that came out pretty early. John Ramsey was aware of those. John had looked at photographs of this individual prior to his arrest. He did not identify him. He had heard audio recordings of his voice, did not -- was not familiar with it.

And yet he was not overly pessimistic or skeptical because John, as he said many time, he doesn't believe that he knows anyone evil enough to have committed this brutal murder of his -- of his daughter.

But, after the arrest was made we learned that there had only been a few days of investigation since he was identified. We learned that there had not yet been a match or a test result on the DNA. And, obviously there were some real concerns about an alibi in terms of whether they could place him in Colorado at or near the time of the murder in December of 1996.

So, while there was cautious optimism I think there was a realization that this might not be the person but yet, as I said on your program last week, Larry, at the end of the day John Ramsey was confident and I was confident that if this did not result in the prosecution of Mr. Karr for the murder of JonBenet that we would find that the district attorney had legitimate law enforcement reasons for making the arrest at the time that she did.

And, in that press conference yesterday, I think that District Attorney Lacy and the members of her team acquitted themselves well in explaining why under the circumstances they had to move on Mr. Karr when they did.

KING: The Boulder district attorney was asked at that press conference if any involvement by either John or Patsy Ramsey has been completely ruled out or if she's committed to the intruder theory. Watch.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

LACY: What we are committed to is solving the crime if we possibly can. You know there's this -- these terms out there, umbrella of suspicion. We don't use that. You know, no one is really cleared of a homicide until there's a conviction in court beyond a reasonable doubt.

And, I don't think you will get any prosecutor, unless they were present with the person at the time of the crime, to clear someone where like in this case the facts are so strange. And, obviously the family was in the house at the time.

The DNA does not match. You know, so what we can say is, I think an expert said it's -- it's -- you have to look at stranger male DNA in the underwear of a dead victim.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

KING: Lin, of course, you know Detective Steve Thomas, who you successfully sued. It was settled out of court and we don't know the amount obtained. But Steve Thomas on this program accused Patsy of being the murder.

He issued a statement about the judge and he said, "This was not a faux pas. This was not a misstep. This was a blunder beyond anything I could ever imagine. Mary Lacy makes Alex Hunter look like Rudy Giuliani. She has lost all credibility in the police community and that poses a real and immediate problem that anybody can understand," overly harsh?

WOOD: Overly harsh and the words of a bitter, disgraced, former detective, who himself has absolutely zero credibility. Let me tell you if Steve Thomas understood blunders, he would well understand why in probability this case has not yet been solved because of the blunders that he and other inexperienced detectives made in the early days of this investigation.

Let me tell you that Mary Lacy made it clear, I believe, as best she can under the ethical rules of a prosecutor that John and Patsy Ramsey are not suspects that this is not a case where they are under suspicion any longer.

And, you have this fellow Steve Thomas coming back out from whatever hole he's been hiding in for the last several years. He published a book after he quit the investigation in 1998.

John and Patsy Ramsey sued him, as you know, successfully. He settled the case. A federal district court judge in 2003 looked at the evidence in this case and a libel suit against the Ramseys and she looked at the Thomas theory thoroughly and she soundly rejected it.

I took that man's testimony under oath. He could not present one fact or one piece of evidence to support his accusations against this family. He engaged in speculation. He engaged in accusation.

Steve Thomas has zero credibility. He is the best example of what was wrong with this investigation in the early days and I believe has some significant responsibility for the failure of the killer in this case to be brought to justice.

KING: We'll take a break and be back with Lin Wood. We'll also include some of your phone calls.

You're watching LARRY KING LIVE. Don't go away.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

KARR: I just kept talking to her. I was...oh, God, JonBenet please sweetheart breathe. Please. Please. Somewhere in the back of my mind I thought someone's going to hear me. I know somebody's going to hear me because I wasn't talking softly. And so I just, I didn't care.

I just -- all I cared about was her. I just cared about her. I just knew that I -- I knew that I had gone too far. And I said, "Oh, JonBenet, please, please breathe for me. Please don't leave me. Please don't leave me. Please come back to me."

(END VIDEO CLIP)

KING: All of that irrelevant now but that was a conversation between John Karr and college professor Michael Tracey. I know that John Ramsey went to Boulder to review those exchanges. What did he make of all that?

WOOD: Well, John was impressed with the fact that in the e-mail communications there seemed to be a familiarity on the author's part with a lot of the members of his family, particularly members of Patsy's family, the Paugh family.

But, again, he did not recognize the voice on the tape recordings. When he was later e-mailed a photograph after the arrest he was -- for the arrest he, in fact, could not identify him.

But, John thought, and I think correctly, Mary Lacy and her investigative team thought that this was a serious suspect. Look, this was a person who had for several years demonstrated a clear obsession with the JonBenet Ramsey case and who had made a confidential confession.

And, contrary to a lot of the speculation that he wanted publicity, this individual had gone to extraordinary lengths to prevent anyone from learning his identity. He did not want to be discovered. He did not want to be arrested. So, I think that John felt then and I think we felt when the arrest was made that it was done for a legitimate reason. I think that has proven to be true. Unfortunately it's not in connection, as it turns out, with the person who killed his daughter.

KING: We have an e-mail question for you from Alheli in Calgary, Alberta. The question is "At what point, if at all, did members of the Ramsey family suspect that Karr might be a fraud?"

WOOD: I don't think there was ever any suspicion on John's part that this man might be a fraud. I think that John did what he cautioned others to do. He tried not to speculate. He tried not to rush to judgment. And he wanted the system to work in an orderly fashion.

And, he knew at the end of the day that, just as District Attorney Lacy made clear, this was going to be a DNA case. If the DNA matched, then the killer had been found and brought to justice. If the DNA did not match, then the charges would not be brought.

KING: John Karr spoke about you in one of those conversations with Professor Tracey. Let's listen to an excerpt and get your thoughts. Listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MICHAEL TRACEY: He has no idea.

KARR: That makes me...I don't like him, Michael. I don't like him what he does.

TRACEY: (LAUGHS).

KARR: he makes this look like...you're not surprised?

TRACEY: No, I'm not. Lin Wood is very...how can I put it?

KARR: He's nothing to me.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

KING: How do you react to that?

WOOD: Well, I've read...

KING: Especially Tracey, does Tracey know you?

WOOD: I've met Mike Tracey two, maybe three times, the last time being at Patsy's funeral in June. We have corresponded on an infrequent basis. But the fact of the matter is what Karr was referring to were comments that I made on your program in June after Patsy's funeral.

And, my comments addressed the last thing that she said to me when I saw her before she died. And, apparently Karr found that my statements, accurate about her comments, seemed to be inconsistent with the communications he thought he was having with her in the ruse that was being played out by the e-mail exchanges.

And so, he obviously wanted to discredit me and I think Tracey had to do the same because he did not want this particular person to hit the panic button and stop the communications.

KING: Is one of the problems in all this, Lin, now that he's been cleared that there will eventually be those groups that bring it back to the Ramseys again?

WOOD: Well, there are people out there, Larry, I'm convinced that have had their minds poisoned for so many years early in the case by the false accusations made against the Ramseys and the inaccurate information that was conveyed to the public.

I'm convinced there are people out there that when there's a DNA match and a confession from a credible person and we find the killer, they're going to still believe that somehow John and Patsy Ramsey had something to do with this.

You know, one of my great concerns when this started up a couple of weeks ago was that it was going to be viewed, "Well, if it turns out not to be Karr, then it must be one of the Ramseys."

I don't think that's happened. I think that while you have some of these old people coming out, as I say, from holes in the ground or from under the rocks to make accusations again, I don't think the public is listening to them.

I think the public got some great information about this case over the last two weeks. The public now knows that there is a strong case of DNA evidence. It's not Ramsey DNA. It was found on the body of a young child, a murder victim.

And the DNA is of sufficient quality that it, in effect, freed John Karr as it pertains to this case and that the DNA is going to solve this case. I think that's been an important piece of information the public was not fully aware of until the last couple of weeks.

KING: Let's take a call for Lin Wood, Cheshire, Connecticut hello.

CALLER FROM CHESHIRE, CONNECTICUT: Hi, Larry, hi, Lin. My question is at the time of Patsy's death did she actually have like any type of peace or did she just have the guilt of always being a suspect in her daughter's death?

WOOD: Patsy Ramsey was not involved in the brutal murder of her daughter and Patsy Ramsey was a woman of deep faith and she I think clearly had the peace of mind during her life of knowing that she was confident in her innocence. So, it really wasn't a matter of Patsy having peace.

I think what Patsy wanted, and unfortunately did not live to see, is that she wanted the killer of her daughter to be brought to justice. And, it's unfortunate that she did not live long enough to see that day.

But I continue to hope, and I know that John Ramsey continues to hope that that day will come. He continues to have confidence in Mary Lacy. He continues to have confidence in the investigation and the direction it's going and he continues to have confidence, as I do, that DNA will undoubtedly one day solve this case.

KING: We'll be back with some more comments and some more calls for Lin Wood on this edition of LARRY KING LIVE. Don't go away.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

KARR: It's so horrible, Michael. There's nothing more horrible than this. There's nothing more horrible. My God, you can't imagine. God damn me to hell. I swear to God. I don't even deserve to be alive. I don't. I don't deserve to be alive. I swear to God it's awful. It's so awful. I'm the worst person alive. I am such a horrible person.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

KING: We're back with Lin Wood.

Lin, does the family have confidence that this case will ever be solved?

WOOD: Well, yes, they do and, again, as I've said, it goes back to the fact that there is strong DNA evidence and, as you know, I believe the public recognizes sometimes it takes years but DNA frees innocent people from prison and DNA evidence puts guilty people behind bars. So, yes, they have that confidence.

KING: But DNA, everything has some DNA in it. You got to find the match.

WOOD: Got to find the...

KING: And if the match is a guy that's living in Alaska or may have passed away you're never going to find it.

WOOD: I believe if you get a match on the DNA, you better find somebody that has one heck of an alibi in terms of where they were in December of 1996. I don't think it's 100 percent foolproof, Larry, but I think that just as in this case we've learned that the DNA is thought to be clearly the DNA of the killer. It is of sufficient quality that we're going to find that it does one day solve this case and prevent innocent individuals from being unfairly and falsely charged with it.

KING: An e-mail question from Carl in Duvall, Washington. "Can John Mark Karr be charged with obstruction of justice in this case?"

WOOD: Well, the speculation on that issue, I've seen it on TV and most people have speculated that he could not be, at least based on the statements that he made to a person that was not a law enforcement officer.

I've heard other people speculate on whether John Karr could sue members of the media for libel. Of course that's just foolishness and, of course, he cannot. He's what we call in the law libel proof.

I mean he's a man that by his own admission is a pedophile. He interjected himself into this case by falsely confessing to the murder. I think he needs to focus on the charges that are brought against him out in California in terms of child pornography.

KING: And those charges are misdemeanors. They're not -- he hasn't been charged with criminal actions against a child, merely in possession, right?

WOOD: Yes.

KING: What can he do one year?

WOOD: I don't know what the -- I don't know what the potential punishment for John Karr will be but he is obviously we know from these communications and from his, as I said, disturbing display in Thailand when they put him in front of the cameras, we know that clearly this is a disturbed man and the system of justice needs to deal with him. And, I think ultimately our system of mental health needs to deal with Mr. Karr.

KING: Oshawa, Ontario hello. Hello, Oshawa, Ontario. I guess they're not -- they dropped off.

All right, how is the frame of mind of John?

WOOD: Well, you know, sitting with him yesterday, Larry, it was tough. I mean you're sitting there and you're watching what was one of the few serious news events in his case over the last two weeks where you have the investigators and the district attorney explaining why he was -- Karr was arrested and why he was not charged.

And yet, you know, the way the business works these days it's eye candy, B-roll. I mean you have Mary Lacy on the left side of the screen and you have images of JonBenet in beauty pageants and Karr being paraded around in Thailand. And all the while they're talking about this man's 6-year-old daughter.

And I watched him a couple of times where he just literally would put his head down and listen. And then finally about halfway through he turned and said, "I think I'm heading back to Charlevoix."

But, John Ramsey, like his wife, lives his life knowing what we know and what the public needs to understand John Ramsey was not involved in the murder of his daughter or cover up of the murder.

John Ramsey has that confidence from his innocence too. He has a real burden to deal with right now, the loss of his wife, and to go out now and to be the parent for his son Burke, who has just lost his mother. So, John I think puts one foot ahead of the other and goes at it one day at a time. And I have great respect for the ability that he has demonstrated over the years to deal with some tragedies that most of us would find unfathomable.

KING: And finally, Lin, should we, the collective we, not have covered it the way we did?

WOOD: The collective we being the media should not have covered it the way that it was covered. It was clearly over the line. There was excesses almost from day one and misinformation communicated from day one, sensationalized coverage from day one.

I mean I recognize that there is an interest in this case. Some people are obsessed with the case. But the fact of the matter is we still have war, literally almost two wars, Iraq and the problem between Israel and Hezbollah, and yet this all of a sudden became almost the 24/7 domination of the news cycle.

And, in the final analysis most of the coverage was more entertainment than it was news. No one was willing in the media to wait until the facts came out as they finally did from Mary Lacy. There was this idea that somehow we need to have the media become our system of justice.

We need to learn from this case that we don't want to change the way we do business. We want the court system to determine guilt or innocence. We don't want that to be the news media.

KING: Not a bad idea. Thanks, Lin.

WOOD: Thank you, Larry.

KING: Lin Wood.

19. amster

amster Member

RHST....

or

SBTC

Stupid Bunch of Twits Clan
    Stupid Buttheads Talking Crap

Time for a glass of wine.... :crosseyed

Ramsey Hypocrite :skank: Team

20. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

You KNOW that I'm a hardcore Freedom of Speech guy, KK. But this isn't freedom of speech. Had someone been on LKL to rebutt the lies, then I would agree. Or even if we could adequately rebutt the lies on the YouTube page, I could agree. But for US to re-publish this tripe without editorial comment is simply acting as LimpWood's lapdog. He already has Larry King for that purpose.

Redistributing a pack of lies is NOT our responsibilty. In fact, that's a major bi.tch that I have with TheMedia these days ... they freely distribute administration LIES without rebuttal or comment. That ain't free speech ... that's acting as distributor of lies.

If the RST wants to add the vids to YouTube ... fine. That IS free speech.

...YumYum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice