Forensic evidence

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by rashomon, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Oh, I see what you're saying, and I was wrong in my response to you. I was thinking the blanket was off JB when Patsy threw herself on her, but there really isn't any evidence to support that. You are right - if that blanket was covering JB, then Patsy's fibers would have been on the top of the blanket, not on JB. Great observation, Amber!

PostScript - Okay, wait. In hindsight, I'm not sure about this. Did Patsy do her little Lararus performance before or after the blanket was placed over JB? Maybe someone could look into that.

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I thought John put the blanket over her right away because he didn't want Patsy seeing her as she was stretched out on the floor...there was some lag time there after John brought JBR upstairs, and the "friends" allowed Patsy to move out of the sunroom to where JBR was. (Sorry...my books are all packed so I can't be the one to check on this...KK would know!)

3. heymom

heymom Member

In PMPT, Schiller writes that when Ron Walker got to the house at about 1:30 p.m., JonBenet's body was not covered, and Patsy had already thrown herself all over "that child's" body. I don't have Steve Thomas' book b/c I checked it out of the library. I hope that helps.

I'd type the passage in, but I'm trying to listen to Boyles right now. Later if you still need it.

Heymom

4. Amber

Amber Member

I quoted Linda Ardnt in my earlier post and I also found this:

"I found the passage in PMPT too, on page 19 of the paperback:

"When John Ramsey and others rushed back to the front of the house, Patsy sat for a moment on a couch in the rear of the house looking out a window. She did not move despite all the shouting that JonBenet had been found. In the living room, John Ramsey grabbed a throw blanket off a chair and placed it over JonBenet's body. He knelt on the floor next to his daughter, stroked her hair, and then laid down next to her, placing an arm around her. As he hugged his daughter, he began to cry, referring to JonBenet as 'my little angel'. Then he rolled away from JonBenet's body, and looked toward the hallway leading from the back of the house.

Finally Barbara Fernie led Patsy by the hand toward JonBenet. Patsy threw herself on her daughter's body."

Also, when JR looked toward the hall, was he looking for Patsy? Or was he looking toward the area of the house where the incident occurred?"

That's 2 references that state the blanket was on JB before PR went near her.

5. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Amber,
    I think in Thomas' book John also asked Arndt, "Is she dead?"
    How can someone carry a cold body, so stiff that her arms are sticking straight up in the air, and not know she's dead?

6. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

If we can figure it out, why can't the DAMN DA?!

7. Amber

Amber Member

'There are none so blind as them that will not see' ;)

Am I getting this wrong? The only place that I can find that PR threw herself on JB before the blanket covered her was in DOI....

If I'm correct....JR messed up big time...if the idea was PR was to wear the same clothes, throw herself on JB and therefore explain the fibres as transference then his inability to look at JB and insist on a blanket immediately mucked up his plan.

Am I way off base?

8. Tril

Tril Member

I don't want to start a new thread just to ask this. Hope the question is okay on this thread.

Have any pictures snapped at the Whites that Christmas been released? I'm wondering how JonBenet's hair was styled that day. Was it in pony tails, like it was when her body was found?

(I was out of the loop on the case for a while, till Karr hit the scene, so I apologize if the answer is old news.)

9. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

That's one of the things the BPD has kept close to their chest. None of the photos from the White party has ever been released.

10. Tril

Tril Member

Thanks, Cherokee. Darn.

11. sue

sue Member

yes.
    If you ever need to throw anyone under a bus, the lesson here is to throw as many people as possible under the bus. The more there are under there, the more likely it is that one of them will end up under the tires.
    Since the blanket was in the living room in the Ramsey's house, it might have already had fibers from Patsy's clothing on it before Patsy touched it when it covered Jonbenet's body. That still doesn't explain any 'Patsy fibers' found entwined in anything.

12. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Or how they wound up in the room she said she never wore those clothes in!

13. Amber

Amber Member

I think JR got the blanket from his den? not the living room, but I see what you are saying...but nonetheless Patsy explains the fibres being on JB because she threw herself on the body...not because she may have come into contact with the blanket earlier....

14. Spade

Spade Member

fibers

IMO the reason that Bruce Levin was asking these questions in Atlanta and that linwad was trying to disrupt that line of questioning was because Patsy Ramsey was involved in staging the crime scene.

3 MR. LEVIN: I think that is
    4 probably fair. Based on the state of the
    5 art scientific testing, we believe the fibers
    6 from her jacket were found in the paint
    7 tray, were found tied into the ligature found
    8 on JonBenet's neck, were found on the blanket
    9 that she is wrapped in, were found on the
    10 duct tape that is found on the mouth, and
    11 the question is, can she explain to us how
    12 those fibers appeared in those places that
    13 are associated with her daughter's death.
    14 And I understand you are not going to answer
    15 those.
    16 MR. WOOD: Right. Not, not

This discussion should really be about WHY was Patsy involved in staging the crime scene????? If you want to figure out excuses for Patsy's fibers being all over the crime scene and John's fibers being in the crotch of JonBenet's panties go read at the swamp.

15. rashomon

rashomon Member

I suppose Levin is referring to the blanket JB had been found wrapped in (in the wine cellar), and not the other blanket John Ramsey had placed over her in the living room?
    Fibers from the jacket Patsy had been wearing on that night were found on the duct tape, in the paint tray, in the ligature wrappings and on the blanket JB was wrapped in. This is extremely damaging evidence, and shutting one's eyes to such evidence (like the RST people do) requires a level of denial beyond my imagination.
    But many of them are just fanatics, and a fanatic's credo is: "don't give me the facts - my mind is made up."
    Fanatics doen't want to discuss anything, for they can't bear the thought of their blind belief being shaken. Many RSTs are not that different from religious fanatics when it comes to their belief in the Ramseys.

16. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

There was a sweatshirt placed over here in the sitting room.

17. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

A sweatshirt is what I remember too Jay, but wasn't it the living room? I think JR put her down originally in the entryway (hallway) and then she was moved to the living room in fairly close proximity to the tree.

18. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I thought it was both the blanket and the sweatshirt.

19. rashomon

rashomon Member

I know about the sweatshirt, but I had read just read this in a post, which is why I asked the question about a possible second blanket.

20. rashomon

rashomon Member

I think 'sitting room' (British English ) is the same as 'living room' in American English.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice