Former profiler recounts true-life tales of horrors

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Little

Little Member

Two interesting quotes:
    It reminded me of the Sutton agency who investigated the Martha Moxley murder- they were hired by Mr. Skakel and when what they were uncovering was pointing to the Skakel boys the investigation was done. If someone within that agency had not inadvertently been missed signing a non-disclosure agreement, Michael Skakel would probably still be free.

2. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks for posting this excellent article, Little. Don't you just wish you could get the chance to personally talk to someone like FBI Agent Depue who ranked over John Douglas? I wonder what his thoughts were on John Douglas' report of Patsy and John Ramsey.

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"But as hired guns, in effect, AGI served at the pleasure of private law firms. Too often, when they uncovered evidence harmful to the defendants, they were simply fired and their work ignored." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    They were simply fired and their work ignored. Doesn't this make you angry?

3. Elle

Elle Member

This is the first time I've read about this case, Little. Up until the JonBenét case I never delved deeply into any real cases. It's very depressing. I was a fictional crime fan for years, but I couldn't get the JonBenét case off my mind, and I found myself searching the net for more information.

I'll leave the reading of Roger Depue's book to the younger ones. I would rather sleep at night.

I caught the tail end of an A & E special during the week "Conversation With Killers" with Dr. Park Deitz, one of America's leading court authorities on madness, according to my TV guide. I think I'm happy I missed two thirds of it, and it's time for me to take a hike.

4. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

I seem to remember that the Ramsey first contacted the members of the Academy and all of them declined to work for the Ramseys. I remember seeing a statement in a newspaper. It left me with the impression that after that they asked MCrary, who also refused to work for them, which eventually let them to Douglas.

5. Little

Little Member

(bold emphasis mine)

Little

6. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Hi Little and Elle....

McCrary is a true professional, who while very human, is able to control his own prejudices and emotions, putting them aside to follow proceedure and set protocal....One can only wish that he had taken the Ramsey's up on their offer in the beginning...

As many here have witnessed and some have asserted, John Douglas and Lou Smit have used their professional standings and personal egos to influence public opinion in the Ramsey's favor and have together damaged a basically simple murder case against the Ramsey's twenty times more than the mistakes of Linda Arndt, the original detective on the case, or Alex Hunter the inept DA of Boulder, or the corrupt Boulder police department, or even the corrupt legal counsel representing the Ramseys......

I hold John Douglas and Lou Smit responsible for the non-prosecution of the Ramseys because of their undue and undeserved influence on both the public and on our legal system....

Hopefully because of McCrary and his institute, we will not see forgeries such as Douglas and Smit with their publicity and money driven motives given credibility in future cases.....These two are dangerous in the negitive results that they have been able to produce....

And don't even get me started on Janet Reno!

Voyager

7. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks for Chuck Green's article, Little. It seems McCrary wasn't impressed with John Douglas' report on the Ramseys, and quite rightly so.

Heavens above, this is the way we see it carried out in the movies. People are separated, and of all people who should be separated for questioning, it should be husband and wife; especially under the circumstances related to the JonBenét case. John Douglas should be challenged about that one on his own site.

It's been some time since I read about this happening, Little, and I would need to research this again.

Voyager, I agree with all you have stated in your excellent post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice