Grandpa Paugh

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Thor, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Thor

Thor Active Member

Can someone refresh my memory on GPP being in Boulder before JB was murdered? Something about him leaving a day or two before on a standby flight? I can't remember where I heard this, or if it is maybe Steve's book, but someone on CN is asking about this. Wasn't he at the Ram's party on the 23rd? I appreciate any help you guys can give me.

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I'm trying to remember

What I know for sure was that he was already gone from Boulder when the murder occured. At one point Crazy Aunt Pam was interviewed on TV and mispoke, saying GPP was there on Christmas--but as it turns out the poor dizzy thing was mistaken. I think she may swallowed the surprize in her Happy Meal.

3. Thor

Thor Active Member

LOL! You're right, he wasn't there that night. I thought he was just a couple of nights before and people found it odd how he left Boulder, that's the main thing I remember.

4. Kelly

Kelly Member

Re: I'm trying to remember

Well that did it for me. Now I've got to clean sticky pink lemonade mixed with cherry koolaid frozen in ice cubes spit off my monitor and keyboard.

I do have an opinion on GPP, but have to go and save what's left of my computer.

5. Harley

Harley Member

Seems to Me

that GPP left Boulder on Christmas Eve flying standby.

6. Thor

Thor Active Member

Now that sounds right to me Harley.

7. BobC

Yeah that sounds right to me, too. Harley is officially the least senile.

8. Harley

Harley Member

BobC

in that case we are in deep, deep, deep trouble around here.

9. BobC

Right again

I am so senile I am actually exploring former lives as we speak.

10. Kelly

Kelly Member

Ahem...excuse me, pardon me please. Wipe, wipe....more windex...dab.....Ok I'm back now. Thank God I didn't crash the computer.

I remember reading too that GPP left on standby on the 24th. I would love to know exactly when he did go back to Atlanta from Boulder and what the circumtances were that he chose to go standby. He has always been the most puzzling person in this saga because we have not heard him say one word about anything at all regarding JonBenet's murder. I keep going back to that chronic inflammation in JonBenet's vagina that screamed of old sexual abuse, abuse which occurred around the time GPP was there. I'm beginning to wonder just how many people were sexually abusing her. Was there anyone in that family that was not abusing her in one way or the other?

The one fact the he and Nedra stayed in Atlanta and did not go to Patsy when they were notified that JonBenet had been kidnapped is among the most unnatural responses I've ever heard. Can you imagine that your grandchild is kidnapped and you do not go to support your daughter or son? They didn't even go to Boulder when she'd been found on the 26th. The Ramseys didn't leave for Atlanta until the late afternoon of the 29th. It boggles my mind to try and understand any reason that Patsy's parents wouldn't go to her at the very worst time of her life.

11. Tez

Tez Member

Kelly...

I am with you about how it is strange that Patsy's parents didn't come up to Colorado. However, maybe John told them to stay put in Atlanta because he figured the Boulder PD would just let them fly wherever they wanted to go.

I also feel GPP was involved somehow in the case, where I don't know, but I feel his actions were suspicious!

BobC: LOL about exploring past lives!!!

12. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

Hey Tez....

There is no way anyone in their right mind would take a stand-by flight on Christmas Eve. I was a travel agent and I've always thought that to be very strange, especially since GrandpapaPaugh seemed to have firm plans to spend Christmas with Nedra....

13. Harley

Harley Member

Patsy's Parents

probably did not fly to Boulder cause they did not want to give the Boulder police a chance to question them until their stories were straight.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2002
  14. Cookie

Cookie Member

A Little Confused Here

Help me here guys. I'm confused about the whereabouts of PR's parents and sisters following the murder and before the funeral.

Who was where before the funeral. The reason why I am asking is because the attending nurse to PR and fellow softball player told me certain things about her experiences and feelings those days following Christmas Day.

Another question: I realize that PR and JR were staying at the Fernie's immediately following the murder? Where was Burke? After the RAMS returned to Boulder following the funeral, did they continue to stay with the Fernies?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2002
  15. Kelly

Kelly Member

Cookie, on page 32 of DOI, JR speaks of Pam, Polly and Polly's husband Grant, along with JAR, Melinda and Stewart and JR's brother Jeff being with them at the Fernies during the days before JBR's memorial service in Boulder on the 29th of Dec.

When JBR was kidnapped, a "gentleman" according to Nedra called and told them about it and Polly, Grant and Pam headed for Boulder and arrived late on the night of the 26th. There Polly and Pam "crumpled" on the floor of the Fernies with Patsy and swung their arms in the air while praying something about forgiveness.

Edited to add:

In Steve Thomas's book ITRMI on page 39 it states; "At about 9pm John lay beside Patsy for about ten minutes but then got up and left her again. Nothing was said between them. He went to the Denver airport with friends to pick up other family members. Patsy awakened an hour later and asked where her son and husband were, then sobbed, "Why did they do this? Why did they do this?" She wanted more pills but was told she would have to wait.

Patsy's two sisters, Pam and Polly, arrived from Atlanta about 11 P.M., and instantly demanded to know from a police officer if suspects had been found and if the FBI was involved. The two sisters settled in beside Patsy and read the Bible to her, all three waving their arms in the air and moaning. One said she had a vision in which JonBenet was an angel. A police officer later noticed that the Bible verses dealt with forgiveness.

John Ramsey returned at midnight."

I know JR picked up his brother and I believe his accountant friend, can't think of his name at the airport. If they didn't arrive back in Boulder until midnight, I wonder who brought the Paugh patch from Denver to Boulder at 11pm.

16. imon128

imon128 Banned

Cookie

In DOLie, page 25, both hardback and paperback, reads like this:

"Patsy, the older children, and I arrived at the Fernies' like refugees staggering in from the storm. We didn't know what had happened, what to do, where to go. The Fernies graciously took us in, and we crumpled on their living room floor.

A while later, when Fleet White brough Burke to the house, Patsy tearfully put her arm around him. "Honey,", she said, "JonBenet has gone to heaven."

He hugged Patsy and acknowledged her words by a nod of his head, and then went to the downstairs playroom with the Fernies' son. Burke seemed unable to face JonBenet's death; it was just too difficult for him to process at the time."

I THINK THERE'S SOMETHING SMELLY IN PARAGRAPH ONE. I think it's the use of the word "storm". Tragedy, yes, storm? Was he talking about what had happened PRIOR to calling 911? I think so.

Also, John uses the word "little" in connection with JBR, a lot. He refers to JonBenet's "little friends" and her "little pageants", etc. Come on, John. Sounds like a sympathy getter to me...or 'don't pick on me cuz I'm having a tender moment'. I dunno, maybe I'm a sicko about that.

Patsy in DOLie, 1st page of chapter 5, says they stayed 3 days at the Fernies and she talks about Patty Novack.

Somewhere in DOLie, one of the two (they interchange voice so quickly, you can't tell who's talking sometimes) she talks about Burke's staying with friends. If I find that info, I'll post it.

Personally, I think they treated Burke like ****. Poor kid. John says in DOLie that he and Patsy were terrified for their safety, Page 29, hardback) but what about BURKE'S SAFETY????

Nah, this couple reeks.....

17. imon128

imon128 Banned

Cookie--more

In DOLie, hardback page 103 (Back to Boulder chapter) John says they stayed with Mike Bynum when the first got back to Boulder, then on to Jay Elowskys.

Chapter 12 is about Burke going back to school. It sounds as if Burke was at Elowskys, too, since Patsy said she tried to muster some normalcy for Burke prior to and after coming home from, school. I think there's more in that chapter, since I believe Burke stayed alone with some friends, but it's up to you, now...haha.

If I find more, I'll post it, too.

18. imon128

imon128 Banned

Sisterhood--Cookie

Sounds like Aunt Spam and Polly were at the Fernies with Patsy. In DOLie, hardback first page of chapter 5, she talks about Roxy and HER (Patsy's)SISTERS being there to help sort through the dresses so she could find her Jackie-O type look.

I think the entire entourage must have split for Atlanta together. Doesn't sound as if GrandpaPaugh and Ms. Nedra were there in Boulder at all...not even for the memorial there?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2002
  19. Cookie

Cookie Member

Interesting

I find it interesting that PR used the word "refugees" in your quote Imon. As the term "small foreign faction, used in the ransom note, both sets of descriptions use words that are often associated with political events.

Kelly, was the accountant friend from Atlanta? Could this person have been Rod Westmoreland?

One explanation for the grandparents absence in Boulder, following the murder, could have been that Nedra was either ill or emotional crushed from the news of JBR's murder and needed her husband for support. Perhaps, she was also making the preparations for the funeral and burial.

Imon, perhaps there was a reason for the coldness towards Burke.

20. Alex

Alex Member

Oh my post is gone! I must have done something wrong. Cookie asked if the Ramsey's were at the Fernie's after they returned from JonBenet's funeral in Atlanta. I guess she forgot that they were at the Stine's then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice