I think she was wearing the pink nightgown when she died

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by madeleine_ws, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Karen

Karen Member

I understand what you mean but we are actually both making the same point. I also believe John and/or Patsy pulled the blanket out of the dryer to stage a cover-up. But John saying it wasn't suppose to be there doesn't mean (to me) "oops, I didn't know it was attached to the blanket," or "The intruder didn't mean to leave it there." What I think he meant for whatever it's worth is "That is not where it was kept. It shouldn't have been in the basement. It should be upstairs in her drawer with the other nighgowns."
    "It wasn't suppose to be there " is a statement that could be innocent (as in not evidence) and also the truth. JOHN didn't know it was down there. No matter who drug it down there.

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Yep, the pink nightie wasn't supposed to be there. Neither was the dead body of a little girl. SHE belonged asleep safe and sound in her bed, wearing her favorite pink nightie.

I think JR's comment was a slip. I think it was a knee-jerk reaction to seeing the nightie in the crime photo and just piped up with "that wasn't supposed to be there". I think what he meant was that they didn't know the nightie was stuck to the blanket.

3. AMES

AMES Member

Yes, I see what you mean too. But, if he said that about the nightgown, because that was not where it was kept...then why didn't he say that about the blanket too? The blanket wasn't kept in the wine cellar either. (BUT...then again, the "intruder" supposedly took it off of her bed.) I do see your point...that it could have been an innocent remark. Although....imo...I do not think that it was. I think that it shocked him to see it there, because he had no idea that it had came out of the dryer attached to the blanket. So, that was him kinda thinking out loud..."UH oh....now that gown is not supposed to be there, where did THAT come from?"

4. AMES

AMES Member

ITA! IMO..it shocked him to see that nightgown there, as I stated in the above post. Forgive me for repeating myself. I think that he really had no idea that the gown was there...so, when he saw it, it shocked him. So he was like..."What the heck? That isn't supposed to be there....neither I nor Patsy put it there, where did it come from". He was thinking out loud...IMO

5. Karen

Karen Member

Well you both may well be correct since Patsy tried to distance herself from the nightgown in one of the police interviews. It kind of falls into place when that is considered.

6. AMES

AMES Member

Yeah for real! She distanced herself from just about everything in that house...even a kleenex box. "I don't know where that came from. We don't use that kind, we use the square boxes, because they take up less room".

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

One of the interesting things in the interviews was how the parents tried to distance themselves from the most basic and innocent things- the nightie, the tissue box, a bowl that belonged to their china set, the list goes on.
    And also frustrating is how LE just dropped the ball on SO much. In one of the interviews with Patsy, LE is showing her photos of JB's bedroom, and specifically talking about how the foot part of the bed is perfectly made (though the bed is messy, as are all the beds in the house) and they were asking Patsy if she thought it likely that anyone could have pulled a blanket off that bed without messing up the bottom half of the bed. She hemmed and hawed (as Patsy often did) but eventually she conceded that the bed seemed to look as if it had been made up WITHOUT a blanket on it.
    Now...this fits in perfectly with statements made by the housekeeper, LHP. She was shown the same photos and told LE that the sheets clearly seen on JB's bed were not the ones she put on the bed when she was last there on
    Dec. 23 (the day of the R Christmas party). Putting it all together like this-it makes perfect sense.
    LHP is at the R house the day of the R party to clean and help with the party preparations. She changes JB's sheets that day (as she did most every day), washing JB's white blanket in the full-size basement washer/dryer because it didn't fit in the smaller set outside JB's bedroom on the second floor. This is something that no one besides LHP and the parents (probably just Patsy) would have known- that the blanket was laundered in a different washer than the sheets (they were washed in the small set outside JB's bedroom). It wouldn't even be known there WAS a second laundry area in the basement unless someone was familiar with the basement. Any intruder in JB's bedroom area would see the washer/dryer in the hall right off her bedroom, and would look there for a blanket, assuming they even knew there WAS a blanket that belonged on he bed. Once it was established that the bed did not have a blanket on it at that point (just the sheets and bedspread) it makes it so much LESS likely that an intruder looking to wrap JB's body (as if an intruder would actually do that) would know there was a blanket belong to JB's bed in a dryer in the basement. This in and of itself puts the end to the notion that an intruder wrapped her in her blanket while she was in bed, taking her down to the basement wrapped in the blanket.
    LHP attended the party that evening, but because of the holiday, was not scheduled to return to the R house until Dec. 26, at which time the family would be already in Charlevoix.
    At some point, on either the night of the party or Christmas Eve, JB again wets or soils the bed. But LHP is not there to help out, so Patsy must change the sheets herself, which she does (and LHP points out to LE that the sheets on the bed are not the ones she put on herself).
    BUT because of all the activities of the holidays, and it being the day before Christmas with ALL there is to do as well as preparations for TWO trips (Charlevoix and the Disney cruise) Patsy does not bother to go to the basement to get the white blanket. Instead, she makes the bed with only the sheets (as LE points out when looking at the photos with Patsy).
    The Rs try to push the lie that the "intruder" came into JB's bedroom while she was asleep, wrapped her in the blanket (without disturbing the bed- not likely). LE was so obviously on to that lie- yet they simply allowed that line of questioning to fade out. A shame.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  8. Karen

Karen Member

You always make perfect sense to me. Thank you!

9. madeleine_ws

madeleine_ws Member

Yep OR they forgot to hide it after they redressed her.JB wearing it when it happened definitely would have screwed their "she was sleep when we arrived home" scenario.Must have been pretty shocking for JR to learn that they forgot it down there and it could damage their "perfect staging".moo

10. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I know a lot of people feel this way. I don't, however. Here's why. Having had a daughter myself, there were many occasions when we got home late and she had fallen asleep in the car or was sleepy when we got home, and I did just what Patsy said she did- put pajama bottoms on and let her sleep in whatever shirt she was wearing. Kids shirts are mostly cotton knit anyway, whereas her bottoms were usually jeans or cords or a skirt- not as comfortable for sleeping.
    What we have to realize is that just because Patsy and JR are lying about JB's death and covered up whatever happened does not mean they are lying about every single event of the night. I happen to think that JB was readied for bed just as Patsy said- pulling off her black velvet jeans and pulling on the longjohns, leaving her white sweatshirt on her. BUT I believe JB had woken up on arrival home and was awake, but sleepy and probably cranky, when Patsy got her ready for bed.

11. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I ought to let my husband read this!

12. Elle

Elle Member

This is the way I see it too, Ames. Doesn't this alone tell LE the Ramseys were liars? What more proof did they need than this nightie attaching itself to the blanket with static electricity from the dryer(?).

13. AMES

AMES Member

I know! I mean, why ELSE would he have said that. If a intruder actually did kill JB, and put her body down in the wine cellar...how the heck did John know what the "intruder" intended to leave, and what he didn't. The nightgown.."wasn't suppose to be there". Yeah, John? Is that so? Tell us now....how do you KNOW that it wasn't SUPPOSED to be there?" While you are at it, tell us what WAS supposed to be there, and what wasn't. Since you know what the intruder was thinking.

14. AMES

AMES Member

And I still believe that JB was initially put to bed in that red turtleneck, that was found balled up on the bathroom counter. Patsy, at first...said that she put JB to bed wearing it, and then changed her mind. I believe that there was a bed wetting incident, and I believe...that Patsy was probably :(:(:(:(ed off, and trying to YANK that turtleneck off of JB. I think that this is when JB most likely fell, onto something....the tub, or something...and caused the head wound.

15. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

It is certainly possible that Patsy put the red turtleneck on JB when they got home that night, especially if she figured JB could be readied faster the next morning, when they had such an early departure.
    But I don't think that huge depressed fracture could have come from falling backward into a tub, or sink or from any other kind of a fall. She'd have to fall from quite a height to make that kind of a hole in her skull. Could she fracture her skull by falling into the tub or sink? Yes, certainly. But I don't think it would punch a hole in her skull.

16. AMES

AMES Member

I just have a hard time believing that Patsy would intentionally....say, take a flashlight and hit JB with it so hard that it would fracture her skull. I have done some research, and a child can fracture his skull just from falling off of a bike...which is not that far from the ground. So, what if Patsy was jerking and yanking...and trying to get that turtleneck off...maybe it got wet, when she wet the bed....and in the process she flung JB into something? The corner of the sink or tub. I just don't believe that she was hit with anything intentionally. So, that is the only other scernario that I can come up with.

17. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Sure, kids can get fractures from a fall- I'm not suggesting otherwise. But there are different kinds of fractures, and JB's was more than just a fracture. In addition to the fracture which went halfway around her skull, there was a hole punched into it. That didn't happen from a fall. If a kid fell off a bike, unless they landed on something hard or sharp protruding, they wouldn't punch a hole in their skull, though they might fracture it. The coroner could tell whether a fracture was from hitting a flat surface (as in a fall) or blunt force trauma. Hitting a sink or tub might not be described as blunt force trauma. In this case, I believe it implies something striking her skull, not her skull striking something.
    Patsy may not have been the one doing the bashing. And no matter who did it, I do not think it was done to kill her, but rather as you suggest- to shut her up- quickly.

18. Karen

Karen Member

Hmm. This makes me wonder about the argument they had on Christmas Day about Patsy wanting JB to dress like her and JB refusing. If Patsy really did intend to wear the same clothes the following day maybe she tried to sneak in that red turtleneck, (that could be one reason why Patsy even changed her shirt that night instead of leaving on the other one,)and therefore they would be dressed alike the next day when they met Stuart. Maybe JB woke up and got wind of what Patsy was doing and once again there was an argument about it and it ended in this tragedy.

Just thinkin'... cuz I stll have my doubts that JB even made it to bed that night.

19. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I agree. I don't think she did. I think her parents got her ready for bed (maybe with the red shirt, maybe not) with the longjohns and her ususal bedtime hairstyle (which Patsy spoke about at some point). Then, a very normal activity- a bedtime snack of pineapple. After that.....

20. heymom

heymom Member

I think this is a *huge* red flag. To use her dad, Burke and her grandfather as examples of "bad touching?" Oh, yeah, there are problems in that family. I would never have dreamed of telling our sons to watch out for their own father, grandfather, or each other!! Geez. That is coming from some other knowledge of at least one of these males being a danger, my guess is it is Patsy's father, although I have private concerns about John Ramsey. And yes, JonBenet's soiling problems point to abuse as well. She had been penetrated, at least with an instrument or a finger, and must have felt violated, and children respond physically to that violation. The "bubble bath" infections are usually a cover-up for sexual abuse, and Patsy had taken her to the doctor for that as well. In fact, I have yet to read a documented report that any bubble bath *ever* actually caused a yeast infection in a young girl. It is a cover-up explanation. If you know the first thing about female anatomy, you know that bubble bath does not get into a virgin girl's vagina and even if a little did, the body is equipped to deal with that. Yeast infections are introduced through sexual contact.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice