I think she was wearing the pink nightgown when she died

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by madeleine_ws, Jan 5, 2010.

1. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Actually, yeast infections are not only caused by sexual contact. They occur when the normal yeast organisms found in every woman's vagina increase in number to the point of irritation. This happens frequently in diabetic women, but can also be caused by certain foods. A yeast infection is different from the vaginitis caused by something like bubble baths. This CAN happen, but bubble baths did not cause JB's internal injuries or hymenal erosion. JB's pediatrician Dr. Boef admitted that he NEVER did an internal exam on JB, and likely never swabbed her vagina to see if it was, in fact, a yeast infection.
    Yeast infections would be unusual in a little girl- in prepubescent girls, the vaginal secretions that are part of the chemistry of puberty are not present.
    When my daughter was that age, Jordache jeans were very popular, even for little girls, and they fit tight. I bought them big, so they fit her more comfortably, but I remember a friend's daughter wearing them so tight she had trouble running and playing. I remember her saying her pediatrician had told her that her daughter could get a yeast infection from pants that tight. They were cotton, and so are little girls' undies, so they were breathable. She never got an infection, as far as I know.

2. heymom

heymom Member

I know that yeast infections are caused by an overgrowth of normal organisms, but I was speaking specifically of yeast infections and as you remind me, vaginitis in very young girls. Bubble bath is frequently brought up as an explanation for things that cannot be explained unless there is sexual abuse. I will look around on the 'net and see if I can find something about the bubble bath excuse.

Tight pants may be another "cover" for sexual contact - that one I haven't explored as much.

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I know that many bubble bath products do say "not for use by children". So irritation does happen sometimes. JB MAY have had this, but as a mother, if I'd been told one time that the bubble baths my daughter was taking were irritating her, she'd never have another bubble bath. Patsy was aid to have taken JB to the doctor MANY times with this same problem, so there is some cause for suspicion there.

4. AMES

AMES Member

Can Bubble Baths Cause Yeast Infections in Young Girls

The answer is yes!

http://www.amoils.com/treatment/yeast-infection/yeast-infection-children.html

Yeast Infections in Young Children
    Adult men and women are prone to yeast infections but they can also occur in children. A yeast infection is a curable infection of yeast cells which grow out of control in the body. Some instances are (a) where there is too much moisture in the area affected in men and women or (b) the vagina in women has a low acidity level. Sometimes, due to menstruation, the yeast can multiply to the point where the body's acids can no longer prevent them. Yeast infections appear as a white lumpy discharge which comes from inside the vagina or penis. There will be swelling of the genitalia and in some men, a rash with blisters.

Why do Young Children get Yeast Infections?

The cause of yeast infections in everyone is too much or too little moisture in the genitalia. In the case of women, wearing or using certain products can be the cause. Many young children love taking long, bubble baths with all the bath toys and fun. Bubble baths can actually heighten the moisture in the genitals and cause the yeast to grow to the point where a yeast infection appears. This will not happen in most children but as different bodies react to different things, it can occur.
    Another cause of yeast infections in children can be when they are allowed to wear their wet bathing suits for a long time after they are no longer playing in the water. Bathing suits, like towels, sustain water and are close to the genitals. Try to ensure that children are put into dry clothes when they have finished playing in the water. Another aid to prevention is to use unscented and uncolored toilet paper. This is a known cause of yeast infections in females and could most likely have the same effect on a young girl.

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

With JB's bedwetting and regression in her potty training, she had to have worn wet panties very often, and wearing pull ups (which are, after all, diapers) could also have caused it, IMO. She was probably always damp in her genital area. Patsy was said to have douched JB because she soiled her pants. While Patsy thought she was doing a thorough cleansing, both the baths and the douching made the problem worse.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice